Maverick Sold out for 2022

1 hour ago, FordBuyer said:

I sure get it that it's a sellers market in vehicles and houses. Very bad for buyers and great for sellers. For me anyway, it has been very hard for me to keep up with. For example, houses around here have gone up close to $150,000 on average in last 9 months or so. When that balloon pops, it's going to be explosive. Pays to be patient.

If you live West of the Mississippi there isn't a Real Estate bubble that's exist to be "popped". Since 2010 Utah's population has grown 18%. That's not a bubble-that's supply and demand. An unintended consequence of COVID is people getting out of where they really didn't really want to live...but stayed because of their employment. Now-in many cases that same employer lets you work remotely and doesn't care where that is. I have seen this first hand.

As far as vehicles-I'm not paying MSRP (or more)  for a pickup that during "truck month" was $10,000.00 less than that. I was in the market-now I'm not. My Silverado only has 44,000 miles on it.  I wanted to replace it with either a F-150 or Tundra. Was leaning towards the Tundra until I saw the redesign.  If it wears out before we start seeing "significant discounts", then I will sell my travel trailer which is the main reason I have a truck.

Edited by CKNSLS
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, CKNSLS said:

If you live West of the Mississippi there isn't a Real Estate bubble that's exist to be "popped". Since 2010 Utah's population has grown 18%. That's not a bubble-that's supply and demand. An unintended consequence of COVID is people getting out of where they really didn't really want to live...but stayed because of their employment. Now-in many cases that same employer lets you work remotely and doesn't care where that is. I have seen this first hand.

As far as vehicles-I'm not paying MSRP (or more)  for a pickup that during "truck month" was $10,000.00 less than that. I was in the market-now I'm not. My Silverado only has 44,000 miles on it.  I wanted to replace it with either a F-150 or Tundra. Was leaning towards the Tundra until I saw the redesign.  If it wears out before we start seeing "significant discounts", then I will sell my travel trailer which is the main reason I have a truck.

Used vehicle prices have soared too, it might pay  find out what your Silverado is worth today, you may be surprised and delighted…….you may get above the price you paid for your truck…

Edited by jpd80

I think Ford are starting to create a very positive brand image for themselves at the moment. Lightning? Orders closed. Maverick? Orders closed. Mach E? Long waits. Bronco? Long waits. When was the last time Ford had FOUR absolute, undeniable home runs in the range? 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, justins said:

I think Ford are starting to create a very positive brand image for themselves at the moment. Lightning? Orders closed. Maverick? Orders closed. Mach E? Long waits. Bronco? Long waits. When was the last time Ford had FOUR absolute, undeniable home runs in the range? 

Never that I can remember.  But they’re not cars so it’s a complete failure!

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, justins said:

Pretty long wait time on Bronco Sport too.

Probably have to go back to 1960s when Mustang came out while Ford was already having trouble keeping up with demand on Falcon, Fairlane, and Galaxy and F-Series first passed Chevy to be the top selling truck.

Edited by bzcat

48 minutes ago, bzcat said:

Pretty long wait time on Bronco Sport too.

Probably have to go back to 1960s when Mustang came out while Ford was already having trouble keeping up with demand on Falcon, Fairlane, and Galaxy and F-Series first passed Chevy to be the top selling truck.

Not sure that is great news when prospective customers can't buy Ford's most popular products. However, announced today that Ford has new program where Ford dealers selling certified used cars will have money back guarantee if turned back in within 14 days or 1,000 miles. So buy used...longer term warranties and can give it back up to 14 days with all your money back if not satisfied. 

9 hours ago, justins said:

It's good and bad.  Great because of the interest from customers, but also sucks that they cant fulfill the demand, and could result in customers going elsewhere.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, justins said:

Really shows what happens when a brand focuses on zigging where others zag. Most trucks, overpriced, and inefficient, not the maverick. Most SUVs are boring, not the bronco and mach-e. Most ev trucks are trying to come out with shocking and futuristic designs, and Ford designed their ev truck to look more conservative and restrained to appeal to customers with more mature tastes. When you take an approach that almost no other brand is taking, you thrive.

On 1/25/2022 at 7:59 AM, twintornados said:

By saying "back to" Flat Rock presumes that it was once built there...but I get your point. @Footballfanis correct, make Flat Rock the "Mustang Experience" but then the purists will whine about "that ugly four door SUV that should never be called Mustang" being built there. I like the idea though.

I wanted to respond to this 2 days ago but for some reason I can't post on my phone right now.

The original plan as announced by Mark Fields shortly before he got shitcanned was to build what became Mach E at FRAP. That's what I was referring to.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, rmc523 said:

It's good and bad.  Great because of the interest from customers, but also sucks that they cant fulfill the demand, and could result in customers going elsewhere.

But the question then is "to what?". 

Lightning and cybertruck will attract different buyers IMO, so no real alternative ATM. 

Bronco buyers know it's truckloads better than Wrangler, so no real alternative. 

Mach E does have a few genuine alternatives, thus production increases coming. 

Bronco sport has that segment of the small / medium CUV market all to itself.

Maverick likewise, all on its own. 

Add in higher ATPs, and Ford board meetings must be a pretty good time right now. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, twintornados said:

Had a peer from work today ask me about Maverick, told him that it is gonna be tough to find one...another peer recommended the Santa Cruz, his reply...I want a truck that looks like a truck!

The Sante Cruz is the first design I've seen in a long time where it looks worse in person. The maverick looks kinda meh in photos, but really comes alive when you see it irl. Especially in area 51, vids and pics don't do that color justice at all. 

2 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I wanted to respond to this 2 days ago but for some reason I can't post on my phone right now.

The original plan as announced by Mark Fields shortly before he got shitcanned was to build what became Mach E at FRAP. That's what I was referring to.

With Ford wanting to increase production of the mach-e to roughly 200k units anually, and FRAP being underutilized, I wonder if they'll reconsider producing some mach-e's there.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, DeluxeStang said:

With Ford wanting to increase production of the mach-e to roughly 200k units anually, and FRAP being underutilized, I wonder if they'll reconsider producing some mach-e's there.

Pretty sure cuatitlan can do 200k all by itself.

2 hours ago, DeluxeStang said:

No, it’s far easier to add a shift to Cuautitlan, that place could support 300k if needed.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, justins said:

But the question then is "to what?". 

Lightning and cybertruck will attract different buyers IMO, so no real alternative ATM. 

Bronco buyers know it's truckloads better than Wrangler, so no real alternative. 

Mach E does have a few genuine alternatives, thus production increases coming. 

Bronco sport has that segment of the small / medium CUV market all to itself.

Maverick likewise, all on its own. 

Add in higher ATPs, and Ford board meetings must be a pretty good time right now. 

I agree with you, to an extent.  As someone pointed out above,  Ford has done a good job zigging while others are zagging with some of their latest products - targeting segments/markets that generate some passion and interest rather than just a vanilla product to have something in the segment.  Though I'm a Ford guy, and would've likely picked another option in the Ford lineup, I've never been interested in a Wrangler, but was one of the first in line to reserve/order a Bronco.  It appealed to me in a way Wrangler never did, but also appealed to me more than even other Ford products like Edge did - I've always liked the Edge (almost wound up with one instead of my Flex years ago), but I wanted something more unique looking as well as the SUV + convertible combo.

That said - you're referring to "core" customers - ones that want that product and nothing else, or at least aren't really considering anything else.  I'm referring to the more casual "fringe" buyers that are more likely to cross shop.  While they may be interesting in Ford product X, they're also considering product Y from another brand if they can't get product X.  If those types of customers can't get what they want in a reasonable timeline, they could shop elsewhere.

With supply limitations as they are, there's only so much Ford can do to help with that issue, but it goes without saying, they could lose some customers even if ATPs are up.  But all brands are having that same problem too.

14 hours ago, akirby said:

Pretty sure cuatitlan can do 200k all by itself.

Isn't Cuatitlan Mach E only right now?  I'm sure they could produce more if they wanted to without needing to complicate things by adding Mach E somewhere else.

5 hours ago, Footballfan said:

Flat Rock can run 260k a year.

Both plants are currently running 1 shift. Why add a second plant when they can add up to 2 more shifts and not have to spend billions on a second set of tooling when parts supplies improve and demand warrants it? 

Edited by fuzzymoomoo
  • Like 1

On 1/25/2022 at 5:11 PM, CKNSLS said:

For real, population growth in Utah has been nuts these last few years. SLC is a shithole, but look at how much people will pay to live there. The suburbs outside of SLC are also going nuts. My family used to live in Draper, we moved because the mountainside around the Draper temple is hell in the winter. Plus we got tired of the snobby culture in that neighborhood. But sandy and Riverton are pretty nice.

4 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Both plants are currently running 1 shift. Why add a second plant when they can add up to 2 more shifts and not have to spend billions on a second set of tooling when parts supplies improve and demand warrants it? 

Correct, it’s a no brainer to just add a second shift at Cuautitlan and increase supplies to match. They’re only producing about 5,000 Mach Es a month so a big increase  in production is expected to start soon.

Mustang Mach-E will get a huge production increase at Cuautitlan bringing production out of there to 200,000 a year. The Explorer and Aviator BEVs were to be built there but they really want to maximize Mach-E production to satisfy this side of the world demand for it. Remember the Mach-E is also built in China for consumption there.

We always knew the Maverick would be a runaway hit, just not this huge of a hit. Hermosillo isn’t even close to full capacity yet but I know they want to pump up and out as many more Bronco Sports and Mavericks as much as possible.

Maverick is a Top 5 product of importance within Ford now. F-Series, Explorer, Maverick, Bronco and Bronco Sport in that order, I kid you not. The amount of interest and lead volume dealers are getting on Maverick actually surpasses Bronco and Bronco Sport combined. If there is a need to build more Mavericks eventually, it will be promptly resolved.

Edited by ExplorerDude
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1