Maverick Sold out for 2022

7 hours ago, ExplorerDude said:

We always knew the Maverick would be a runaway hit, just not this huge of a hit. Hermosillo isn’t even close to full capacity yet but I know they want to pump up and out as many more Bronco Sports and Mavericks as much as possible.

Maverick is a Top 5 product of importance within Ford now. F-Series, Explorer, Maverick, Bronco and Bronco Sport in that order, I kid you not. The amount of interest and lead volume dealers are getting on Maverick actually surpasses Bronco and Bronco Sport combined. If there is a need to build more Mavericks eventually, it will be promptly resolved.

Thank you for steering the conversation back toward Maverick. Mach-E & Cuautitlan discussions should be elsewhere.

HRG

6 hours ago, jpd80 said:

The terrible irony in all this is how myopic FNA product development is, it develops new products for itself with low expectations and zero intention/ability to sharing them globally…

I bet the Maverick would have great appeal to Australians as well as they don’t have replacement for the unibody falcon based trucklets. Due to how they rate  towing capacity in the EU, the hybrid might have a found a home with caravan crowd with its great form factor for outdoor activities. By the time they could the Maverick set up right hand driving and those EU  regs the likely next gen electric version would be hard on its heels making those investments a poor use of capital.  I have been led to believe the Maverick was a fast tract project and most likely highly focused on the truck market Ford NA new best.  Random thoughts by someone waiting patiently for a build date for a velocity 2.0 l lariat with lux package, towing and moonroof. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jpd80 said:

The terrible irony in all this is how myopic FNA product development is, it develops new products for itself with low expectations and zero intention/ability to sharing them globally…

What is myopic about parts shortages?  350k Maverick and Bronco Sports and 200k Mach-E capacity is more than enough if they had the resources to build them.  

Maverick buyers seem to be a whole new type of customer.  New to Ford, new to buying a new vehicle and new to the ordering process.  To make it more complicated the dealers are telling them outright lies such as they aren’t building any more hybrids and all existing orders are cancelled or that orders aren’t price protected.  One guy claimed to be a Ford zone rep and said that when Ford schedules a vehicle it goes to priority two and that’s just a “waiting” status,  You can’t make this stuff up.  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, akirby said:

What is myopic about parts shortages?  350k Maverick and Bronco Sports and 200k Mach-E capacity is more than enough if they had the resources to build them.  

Not about parts shortages, there’s zero chance of sharing Bronco, Bronco Sport and Maverick outside of North America. 

22 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I feel like Maverick would do well in South America.... 

It’s got a great universal design language and close to Ranger cabin space, there’s lots to love about it It’s the perfect showroom companion for the new Ranger. I still think that a LWB Maverick Utility could easily “replace” the current Escape and probably sell much better too, that’s the product I’d put into Louisville to shore up Escape Production…more product Chanels within the Ford brand……

Edited by jpd80

1 hour ago, jpd80 said:

Not about parts shortages, there’s zero chance of sharing Bronco, Bronco Sport and Maverick outside of North America. 

Why couldn’t the Bronco be shared?  It’s based on the Ranger platform.  I’m probably missing something here.  

47 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

It would. FCA's counterpart has been a big success for the last five years. A shame that corporate did not allow Brazilian engineers to develop an Ecosport-based trucklet a decade ago. This could have saved their local operations just like the Ecosport did around the year 2000.

PS: Also, Aegentina could be buidling Mavericks and Bronco Sports in the former Focus line.

Edited by passis
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, DeluxeStang said:

For real, population growth in Utah has been nuts these last few years. SLC is a shithole, but look at how much people will pay to live there. The suburbs outside of SLC are also going nuts. My family used to live in Draper, we moved because the mountainside around the Draper temple is hell in the winter. Plus we got tired of the snobby culture in that neighborhood. But sandy and Riverton are pretty nice.

It would seem if you bought a house on a very step hill that during the winter you would know it would be a challenge. Where did you relocate to?  

On 1/29/2022 at 7:24 AM, jpd80 said:

Bronco Sport is already in South America and Maverick will be soon. And  Bronco is also sold in Middle East. But I get your larger point... Ford's US production planning team doesn't usually assume any products will have massive export appeal.

On 1/29/2022 at 7:53 AM, fuzzymoomoo said:

Ford is planning to sell Maverick in South America. 

https://www.ford.com.br/futuros-lancamentos/maverick/?intcmp=hp-new-showroom

https://www.ford.com.ar/crossovers-suvs-4x4/maverick/

On 1/29/2022 at 10:08 AM, rmc523 said:

It wasn't designed for RHD.

Basically, UK is the big market for RHD for Ford. If there is no plan to sell a particular model in UK, Ford won't bother with RHD interior because Southern Africa, Australia, New Zealand, and Southeast Asia doesn't add up to anything unless it is Ranger.

That being said... if Ford really wanted to sell Bronco in non-UK RHD markets like Australia, they can always fit an existing RHD interior in the Bronco - e.g. Ranger RHD dashboard will probably fit in Bronco no problem. But it will look funny. Not the first time a low volume RHD vehicle has been sold like this with an interior from a different vehicle with higher volume.

Edited by bzcat
  • Like 3

On 2/1/2022 at 6:06 AM, bzcat said:

Bronco Sport is already in South America and Maverick will be soon. And  Bronco is also sold in Middle East. But I get your larger point... Ford's US production planning team doesn't usually assume any products will have massive export appeal.

Ford is planning to sell Maverick in South America. 

https://www.ford.com.br/futuros-lancamentos/maverick/?intcmp=hp-new-showroom

https://www.ford.com.ar/crossovers-suvs-4x4/maverick/

Basically, UK is the big market for RHD for Ford. If there is no plan to sell a particular model in UK, Ford won't bother with RHD interior because Southern Africa, Australia, New Zealand, and Southeast Asia doesn't add up to anything unless it is Ranger.

That being said... if Ford really wanted to sell Bronco in non-UK RHD markets like Australia, they can always fit an existing RHD interior in the Bronco - e.g. Ranger RHD dashboard will probably fit in Bronco no problem. But it will look funny. Not the first time a low volume RHD vehicle has been sold like this with an interior from a different vehicle with higher volume.

Just a feeling but I think that Maverick made in Thailand and exported in RHD and LHD as Ranger is  now would do better than some expect but I know that Ford is unwilling to do that even after major expansion of manufacturing facilities…it would make a good replacement for the European built Escape which is selling like shit because over priced.

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, K270 said:

I see a couple people in my area are trying to sell their Mavericks:

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/d/newark-2022-ford-maverick-xlt-awd/7440610503.html

I think this person is stretching the truth some:

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/d/los-gatos-2022-ford-maverick-xlt-hybrid/7439953162.html

Oh boy we've hit a new low-people flipping an entry level product. 

The terrible thing is that we are going to be dealing with this for at least another 16 months or so, if we are lucky IMO. 

42 minutes ago, akirby said:

He is right about orders not being taken any more but dealers are not selling for $10k over MSRP.  More like $5K.

And absolutely no test drives?  WTF?  

Would you buy a car you've never driven? This isn't a GT500. In my opinion, dealers are digging their own grave. You push enough consumers long enough, someone will listen to their complaints. The direct Tesla model, which too is flawed, may get some momentum. I don't doubt in the next 5 years we seem some pushed back on the dealership laws. 

I get supply and demand but at this point, its like a grocery store marking up all items during an emergency (price gouging).  Dealerships have always been a mixed bag. Some good, some not so good. It seems like 95% (made up number) are demanding ADM and really trying to fleece the consumer. And yes, vehicles can be a necessity for life.

25 minutes ago, jcartwright99 said:

Would you buy a car you've never driven? This isn't a GT500. In my opinion, dealers are digging their own grave. You push enough consumers long enough, someone will listen to their complaints. The direct Tesla model, which too is flawed, may get some momentum. I don't doubt in the next 5 years we seem some pushed back on the dealership laws. 

I get supply and demand but at this point, its like a grocery store marking up all items during an emergency (price gouging).  Dealerships have always been a mixed bag. Some good, some not so good. It seems like 95% (made up number) are demanding ADM and really trying to fleece the consumer. And yes, vehicles can be a necessity for life.

Well this is a private party flip not a dealer but I agree we’ll see some major changes with the dealer model going forward.

And actually I have bought a vehicle without a test drive and never had an issue until we bought a 2014 Escape for the wife.  She test drove it and said it was fine so we got it.  Neither of us thought to test the passenger seat and both of us found it really uncomfortable.  Overall it was too small anyway so we gave it to daughter and traded her focus on the MKX.  Lesson learned.  

2 hours ago, akirby said:

He is right about orders not being taken any more but dealers are not selling for $10k over MSRP.  More like $5K.

And absolutely no test drives?  WTF?  

no stock units, no test drives, I wont use someones order that they have waited for for months as a guinea pig to help someone make up their minds IF they want to get a unit that they have to wait till summer to order, no way...the Owner would most likely be pissed....and once again, not be Devils advocate...but the profitability on Mavericks is absolutely dismal...so I understand why dealers ARE adding addendums, albeit some are ludicrous. We are at MSRP on reservations....an order falls through we add tires, Linex and accouple other little things and it rings in right in around 5k over. But you are getting something for the markup...its not just "market adjustment ) Now...if Ford had 2-3k markup from the get go in a Maverick, I doubt youd see anywhere near the amount some Dealers are asking...

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Deanh said:

no stock units, no test drives, I wont use someones order that they have waited for for months as a guinea pig to help someone make up their minds IF they want to get a unit that they have to wait till summer to order, no way...the Owner would most likely be pissed....and once again, not be Devils advocate...but the profitability on Mavericks is absolutely dismal...so I understand why dealers ARE adding addendums, albeit some are ludicrous. We are at MSRP on reservations....an order falls through we add tires, Linex and accouple other little things and it rings in right in around 5k over. But you are getting something for the markup...its not just "market adjustment ) Now...if Ford had 2-3k markup from the get go in a Maverick, I doubt youd see anywhere near the amount some Dealers are asking...

Guestimate, when do we think the 2023 Maverick order guide will be available? Order banks?  Wondering about hybrid changes (AWD) and if the 2.0 will get the BS Badlands electronic diff? 

Yeah, understood. I'd hate to have someone drive a car a have ordered.

Are you saying dealer invoice is close to MSRP?

13 minutes ago, jcartwright99 said:

Guestimate, when do we think the 2023 Maverick order guide will be available? Order banks?  Wondering about hybrid changes (AWD) and if the 2.0 will get the BS Badlands electronic diff? 

they told us Summer for 2023s, no idea on any ordering adjustments/ updates till we see the new guide...in a Hybrid bas theres less than $400 between Invoice and MSRP....cool little truck, it just takes a long time ( following up on orders etc and answering  every question under the sun and getting abused because theres none on the lot to look at/ drive ) to make a pittance...so, right or wrong, its most likely the very reason some salespeople avoid assisting potential Maverick customers...

32 minutes ago, jcartwright99 said:

Ford has not yet released the 2023 Model Year timeline. The 2023 Maverick Order Guide will be released at the same time the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) opens and will include the information on any product changes. 

Here's a sample of the MSRP and Dealer Invoice pricing for a 2022 Maverick AWD w/#300A, Ford Co-Pilot 360, Floor Liners w/Carpeted Floor Mats. MSRP - Invoice = $533!  

2022 Maverick XLT AWD__WBDO_Sample Pricing.jpg