02 Taurus front brake line replacement

bradleyheathhays

I'm preventatively changing out both my Mom's 02 Taurus' front brake lines and haven't done this in a while so thought I'd write in for some general advice.  Changing out the flexible hoses that go from the brake caliper to the solid line.  I should be fine with the brake bleeding afterwards, I'm more thinking about dealing with the 2 line connections.  Do either of the connections get either say anti-seize or maybe even loc tite?  I'm thinking I was told a while ago to use high-temp copper anti-seize on something I was dealing with at the front brake caliper but can't remember if it was the brake line connection or not.  That might've been one of the caliper or caliper plate bolts actually.

Also, I turned every page in the FSM that had anything to do with brakes and couldn't find a procedure for changing out those brake lines.  Any idea what size wrench for the connection with the solid line?  Only thing I could find was an old youtube video featuring a '98 and the guy said he used a 13mm.

I'm all ears for any advice before I dive into this.  Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Well fellas looks like I was wrong about not needing advice on how to bleed these brakes. This is the first set of ABS brakes I'm bleeding and luckily someone in another forum reminded me that activating the solenoids in the ABS module is something that needs to be done. I've been described two options. One is to have an OBD reader advanced enough to do it itself....or (since I don't think either of my cheap readers will do this) to do the bleed like normal (2 person) then safely/slowly get it on a gravel driveway or surface where it will slide and lay on the brakes. This will activate the ABS which will work the solenoids. After that do another regular 2 person bleed, then go out sliding again. After a final third bleed all the air should be out and everything is hunkydory.

Does this approach sound alright or do I need to pony up and spend the $ for the more advanced reader?