Toyota Sequoia leaked

T-dubz

47 minutes ago, Dlcorbett said:

Did toyota benchmark the last gen gms for their new suvs?  It's like they regressed.  Shorter, solid rear axle, tighter third row, less space behind rear seat? Outside of the engine, which ford needs to add to expy/nav like yesterday, it's not very compelling.

Where did you come up with all that when we have no data on any of that?

15 hours ago, Dlcorbett said:

There's plenty of press articles and videos on the sequoia, have you not seen any?

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a38857490/2023-toyota-sequoia-revealed-hybrid/

Considering it hadn't debuted, nor was I seeking info about it out, no I hadn't.

4 hours ago, rperez817 said:

Official Toyota press release and photos for 2023 Sequoia. Standing Tall: All-New 2023 Sequoia Full-Size SUV is Ready to Make its Mark - Toyota USA Newsroom

2023-toyota-sequoia-limited-102-164281892023-toyota-sequoia-limited-103-164281892023-toyota-sequoia-limited-108-164281892023-toyota-sequoia-trd-pro-107-164281902023-toyota-sequoia-capstone-105-1642818

This thing manages to look like several different vehicles at the same time lol.

The third row - as pointed out above - looks especially bad - very upright and seats basically on the floor

2023-toyota-sequoia-limited-108-16428189

And on top of that, it doesn't even result in a fully flat floor - they have to revert to tricks like this shelf to create a flat floor.

2023 Toyota Sequoia Limited

• Haha 1

It looks better in darker colors. There isn't many ways to design a box to make it stand out, so they are adding creases just for the sake of it, hoping they look different than the creases that Hyundai to Nissan might add. Although i don't hate it, I have no emotional attachment to it whatsoever.

I guess the only good thing is that you can see a family resemblance to the RAV4, but that's it. At least the RAV4 wears that style much better.

On 1/26/2022 at 5:00 PM, Dlcorbett said:

It does have some neat features and looks pretty good.  However, the third row room/cargo and sla rear kinda prevent me from wanting to look at it.  

The key feature is that it comes standard as a hybrid. That alone makes it worthy of a look, especially since no other large SUV offers hybrid version.

1 hour ago, FordBuyer said:

The key feature is that it comes standard as a hybrid. That alone makes it worthy of a look, especially since no other large SUV offers hybrid version.

True, but this also depends.  When I had my expy, I knew how to drive it to mostly maximize its fe, so on hwy trips, it would regularly travel 525+ miles on 23 gal.  We don't know specs, im eager to see how big the tank is.  I think this is why ford didn't add the powerboost the fords refresh, nowhere to put the battery without heavily sacrificing fuel capacity.

I don’t mind it.  It’s definitely better looking than the outgoing model, although it wasn’t difficult.  The front fascia looks slightly different than the Tundra to me in a good way, but I’m too lazy to do a side by side comparison.  

The hybrid feature is good.  Ford must not want to spend the money on repackaging the Expedition to accommodate the Powerboost.  I hope that means we will see the fully redesigned Expedition sooner rather than later from a competition standpoint.  

Edited by tbone

17 hours ago, tbone said:

I don’t mind it.  It’s definitely better looking than the outgoing model, although it wasn’t difficult.  The front fascia looks slightly different than the Tundra to me in a good way, but I’m too lazy to do a side by side comparison.  

The hybrid feature is good.  Ford must not want to spend the money on repackaging the Expedition to accommodate the Powerboost.  I hope that means we will see the fully redesigned Expedition sooner rather than later from a competition standpoint.  

With $5 gas probably coming this summer, Ford needs to make more hybrids in every segment. The most fuel thrifty brands will sell the best. Toyota, Kia, and Ford if it can get more hybrid components are the most ready for $100 oil. And the Explorer hybrid needs a bigger battery. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...