Order to vin time

Blue05

Hello all, 

i have a bronco sport badlands ordered with the 3 packages (premium, co-pilot, trailer tow) and a moonroof. I ordered it mid-november but havent gotten any type of confirmation or vin yet. Its a dealer i have bought a lot of vehicles from including a 2022 F150 thats due in 2 weeks. So i dont suspect any monkey buisness but it is a small dealer.

Is this a normal progression for this model? 

• 2 weeks later...

I will say I’m in the same boat- ordered about the same time and my dealer is terrible with communication- I called the ford help line and talked to the customer service person they and actually said my build was pulled and gave me my vin. Called my dealer and they confirmed the info but still have yet to send me any info. Try calling and getting more info 

• 1 month later...
16 minutes ago, scottb01 said:

IDK why most dealers lack good communication skills.  I mean it's not like they don't have a lot of time of their hands these days.

It's not a matter of communication skills or time. It's about management, expectations and procedures in place to provide customer satisfaction. Dealerships are operating with lower staff levels, often with little experience and requiring existing staff to take on more responsibility. Ford keeps placing more demands on dealerships to comply with programs and procedures that Dearborn executives create but these same executives have little to no experience at the dealership level to understand the repercussions of their policy decisions.   

• Like 2