Quad-beam LED

FirstFord22

Because I’m wanting to make sure I placed my order correctly, can anyone tell me if the LED headlights/tail lamps are part of the Lariat Ultimate package. When building the order I tried to add the LEDs, but I got the notification that I needed to remove the spray-in, wheel well liners and BA package. I’d be willing to remove the liners and spray-in, but there’s no chance of removing the black appearance package. When the sales rep built the order with me, he said the stock image of the truck “looked like” it had LEDs, and from what I saw I couldn’t disagree.

34 minutes ago, FirstFord22 said:

Because I’m wanting to make sure I placed my order correctly, can anyone tell me if the LED headlights/tail lamps are part of the Lariat Ultimate package. When building the order I tried to add the LEDs, but I got the notification that I needed to remove the spray-in, wheel well liners and BA package. I’d be willing to remove the liners and spray-in, but there’s no chance of removing the black appearance package. When the sales rep built the order with me, he said the stock image of the truck “looked like” it had LEDs, and from what I saw I couldn’t disagree.

The 2022 Super Duty Pickup Order Guide includes all the answers! It's available for download in the Dealer Order Guides section in the top menu. 

Edited by ice-capades
typo
  • Like 2

The order guide can be a bit confusing on this topic.  The lariat ultimate does not include LED lights, but they are actually part of the Black Appearance pkg.  This is a bit of a hidden quirk as the BAP mentions black headlight surround on LED only, but the BAP does come with the complete LED light package.  It is an additional option that shows up if you remove the BAP, and as far as I know independent of the Ultimate pkg.

A search of this forum on the BAP will show you what I am talking about too.

Edited by SpartanFan23
Added line

According to the order guide, the LED headlights are standard on Platinum and Limited.  On King Ranch, they're part of the Ultimate package, and on Lariat, it requires the Ultimate package as a prerequisite.  They are not available on XL or XLT.

Further, the Black Appearance Package lists black surrounds for the headlights (LED only), which means to me that the LED headlights aren't included, but if you do get LEDs, you'll get the ones with black surrounds.

Edited by BigUnixGeek
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, SpartanFan23 said:

The order guide can be a bit confusing on this topic.  The lariat ultimate does not include LED lights, but they are actually part of the Black Appearance pkg.  This is a bit of a hidden quirk as the BAP mentions black headlight surround on LED only, but the BAP does come with the complete LED light package.  It is an additional option that shows up if you remove the BAP, and as far as I know independent of the Ultimate pkg.

A search of this forum on the BAP will show you what I am talking about too.

Thank you! I looked at the order guide and to say I was confused is an understatement. But I did order the BAP, so all is good again!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, russ90s said:

I'm not 100% sure but I don't think it is included wit any package. I think they are ordered separately.

I tried to add it to my build, but I got the notification that I would have to remove the BAP. I’d rather have halogen than removing the BAP. But according to SpartanFan23 it’s part of the BAP. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, FirstFord22 said:

I tried to add it to my build, but I got the notification that I would have to remove the BAP. I’d rather have halogen than removing the BAP. But according to SpartanFan23 it’s part of the BAP. 

I also think that's why the BAP is so much more expensive on Lariat trims than XLT. If it wasn't for adding the additional cost of the LED headlights, then those black side emblems are extremely expensive. ??

I have a lariat value with Black Appearance package and it has the LED headlights, fog lights and tail lights.

One thing to keep in mind, with the black appearance package, they are having issues with the spray in bedliner with will most likely keep your truck from going into production/built.

Edited by Stevens7.3

23 minutes ago, Stevens7.3 said:

I have a lariat value with Black Appearance package and it has the LED headlights, fog lights and tail lights.

One thing to keep in mind, with the black appearance package, they are having issues with the spray in bedliner with will most likely keep your truck from going into production/built.

That is one of the issues with my build, the other two being the 20” wheels as part of the BAP, and my order was submitted as stock instead of retail. The order has been corrected to retail but, the sales manager told me the spray-in and wheels can’t be removed because they’re part of the BAP. I guess I’ll just sit back and wait for my ‘22 to be built in ‘23 while I look at all the photos of everyone’s trucks with admiration

18 hours ago, FirstFord22 said:

Thank you! I looked at the order guide and to say I was confused is an understatement. But I did order the BAP, so all is good again!

It's really not that confusing, just need to look at it line by line

This is the section in the XL/XLT/Lariat options - and states they are not available below Lariat, and even require Lariat ultimate package O-96U

Quad Beam LED Headlamps and LED Fog Lamps, and LED
Taillamps; optional availability requires Lariat Ultimate Pkg. (96U);
LED Fog Lamps and LED Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp
(CHMSL))

59Q O-96U

1 hour ago, road turtle said:

It's really not that confusing, just need to look at it line by line

This is the section in the XL/XLT/Lariat options - and states they are not available below Lariat, and even require Lariat ultimate package O-96U

Quad Beam LED Headlamps and LED Fog Lamps, and LED
Taillamps; optional availability requires Lariat Ultimate Pkg. (96U);
LED Fog Lamps and LED Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp
(CHMSL))

59Q O-96U

Thanks Road Turtle, I’m going to take a look at it again. I may have just been too frustrated to take the time and pay attention 

13 minutes ago, Petey_highboost said:

Would be nice if the lights were a seperate option regardless of trim level ??

With the hindsight we all have now, I may have done things differently. But I absolutely want the BAP, so I’m just going to continue to read the different topics and know that I am certainly not in this alone. I know it’ll all be worth it in the end!

2 hours ago, Ralph K said:

Do the quad beam headlights come standard on the BAP Lariat?

The order guide is confusing on the black out appearance package, it doesn’t call them quad beam leds, but they are. They have a all black surround compared to the chrome on the regular quad beams. Short answer; BAP package comes standard with a unique all black quad led headlight.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jp_norris said:

The order guide is confusing on the black out appearance package, it doesn’t call them quad beam leds, but they are. They have a all black surround compared to the chrome on the regular quad beams. Short answer; BAP package comes standard with a unique all black quad led headlight.

Thanks for clarifying.

• Like 1