Quad-beam LED

FirstFord22

On 1/26/2022 at 7:49 PM, FirstFord22 said:

Because I’m wanting to make sure I placed my order correctly, can anyone tell me if the LED headlights/tail lamps are part of the Lariat Ultimate package. When building the order I tried to add the LEDs, but I got the notification that I needed to remove the spray-in, wheel well liners and BA package. I’d be willing to remove the liners and spray-in, but there’s no chance of removing the black appearance package. When the sales rep built the order with me, he said the stock image of the truck “looked like” it had LEDs, and from what I saw I couldn’t disagree.

FirstFord,

see pic with BAP, LEDs are included with BAP, if you then select LED's from options, Ford assumes you want chrome bezel LED's which would not look right with BAP so they say you must delete BAP.  Options are a complex matrix that is basically why the order guide seems complicated.  A bad example would be if you order a whopper and tell them you want fish instead of beef, lol.  Sounds like you got it all figured out and are happy waiting for BAP.  Ford may have underestimated the popularity of BAP and were caught off guard sourcing enough parts to handle demand.  Second pic is what results from selecting LEDs and BAP is removed.

787Toolman

With BAP

image.thumb.png.16c245cef5767e6093fdb962b02aa6dd.png

With BAP removed and LEDs selected, lots of other options removed, Ford likes to control the market otherwise the combinations would be endless like the Whopper with fish analogy.

image.thumb.png.76015e88157d33f84ec7ba6e69b04586.png

4 hours ago, road turtle said:

Still not understanding why this is confusing

image.png.adc94538c280605a1bf9dbfa9f0c1cb7.png

It is extremely confusing since no where in the package does it mention the change to LED lighting.  If you choose the BAP and then try to add LED headlights you then have to remove the BAP and vice versa.  I have confirmed with my dealer as well as with multiple owners that the 2022 Lariat Ultimate BAP does in fact include LED lights.  This description on the order guide is a holdover from when it was also available on XLT, and therefore was a cheaper option for XLT and did not include the light upgrade.

4 hours ago, 787Toolman said:

FirstFord,

see pic with BAP, LEDs are included with BAP, if you then select LED's from options, Ford assumes you want chrome bezel LED's which would not look right with BAP so they say you must delete BAP.  Options are a complex matrix that is basically why the order guide seems complicated.  A bad example would be if you order a whopper and tell them you want fish instead of beef, lol.  Sounds like you got it all figured out and are happy waiting for BAP.  Ford may have underestimated the popularity of BAP and were caught off guard sourcing enough parts to handle demand.  Second pic is what results from selecting LEDs and BAP is removed.

787Toolman

With BAP

image.thumb.png.16c245cef5767e6093fdb962b02aa6dd.png

With BAP removed and LEDs selected, lots of other options removed, Ford likes to control the market otherwise the combinations would be endless like the Whopper with fish analogy.

image.thumb.png.76015e88157d33f84ec7ba6e69b04586.png

Thanks Toolman… that’s one of the reasons I joined BOF, because most likely someone is going to have the answer to any question we may pose. I am 100% staying staying with the BAP in spite of the spray-in delay

1 hour ago, SpartanFan23 said:

It is extremely confusing since no where in the package does it mention the change to LED lighting.  If you choose the BAP and then try to add LED headlights you then have to remove the BAP and vice versa.  I have confirmed with my dealer as well as with multiple owners that the 2022 Lariat Ultimate BAP does in fact include LED lights.  This description on the order guide is a holdover from when it was also available on XLT, and therefore was a cheaper option for XLT and did not include the light upgrade.

Thanks Spartan… if only I knew what it was like to have questions answered by the dealership since mine never replies to my emails. One of the many reasons why BOF is so great. 

• 4 months later...

It seems to me that the LEDs are not included in the package, so you will need to order them. It is quite easy to do this since there are so many online stores that sell LEDs. Last year I decided to order a light strip for the car. I decided to buy this https://www.vont.com/product/vont-car-smart-strip-light/ and did not regret it. Now my car's interior has become much more attractive, and people looking at my car from the street are bewildered.

Edited by Garrudo

58 minutes ago, Garrudo said:

It seems to me that the LEDs are not included in the package, so you will need to order them. It is quite easy to do this since there are so many online stores that sell LEDs.

What is your reasoning for saying that you say "seems to me that the LEDs are not included"?

There are numerous examples of vehicles on this forum that have the BAP and LED lighting. It is not an option that is able to be added to a vehicle at the lariat level if BAP is selected, so how did those vehicles end up with LED lighting?  It also includes more than just LED headlights, all lighting is LED with the package.

2 hours ago, Garrudo said:

It seems to me that the LEDs are not included in the package, so you will need to order them. It is quite easy to do this since there are so many online stores that sell LEDs.

@Garrudo I can confirm with 100% certainty that the LED lighting package is included with the BAP. 

Again thank you to @SpartanFan23 and @787Toolman for the information. It feels like an eternity since I posted the question

• Like 1