22MY F150 Retail Orders

danleg

I ordered one in November 2021 on x-plan. I got a build date notice of March 7 that changed to Feb 16 (I think) but the dealer then told me they wouldn't sell at x-plan lol. I have since ordered another one from a different dealer with a signed x-plan deal. No idea when it will be built. 

My order is for a 2022 F150 KR 4x4

Edited by FordEvangelist

2 hours ago, FordEvangelist said:

I ordered one in November 2021 on x-plan. I got a build date notice of March 7 that changed to Feb 16 (I think) but the dealer then told me they wouldn't sell at x-plan lol. I have since ordered another one from a different dealer with a signed x-plan deal. No idea when it will be built. 

My order is for a 2022 F150 KR 4x4

That is pretty quick scheduling. What options did you order?

The one I ordered had most all options, except moon roof and dealer installed.

Link to the online build I did (2021 MY) but I ordered a 2022 
https://shop.ford.com/build/f150/#/config/Config[|Ford|F-150|2021|1|1.|601A.W1E..PAZ...SS5.86K.96L.60P.53C.CCAB.61D.AWD.998.655.472.763.77K.KRN.U61.U66.]

I checked and the email from Ford says the build date is Feb 21, 2022. The "order" was placed at the dealership on Nov 22, 2021. I'm not purchasing this particular truck and have not heard anything on my new order that I placed January 15.

3 hours ago, danleg said:

Very nice. Hope you get it soon!

I had an original 2021 order that got converted to 2022. Original order was 9/2021 and was delivered in January.  Due to conversion issues of dropped options I reordered on 12/6/21 and still waiting for a build date. 

Edited by Coreace

It depends heavily on what trim and packages you ordered.  Black Appearance package seems to be held up the most. Looking at some stats available around the internet I would expect any new order to take 1-3 months for scheduling, another 2-3 for building, hen 3-6 weeks for delivery.  I placed an order in December and I'm not expecting to see it until at least June, maybe even July.

18 minutes ago, Orange-F150 said:

@ice-capades just posted an new "Production week scheduling" note for next week.  For F150, it says Job #2 orders will start scheduling for 3/21.  How can that be if all Job #1 orders are not even scheduled yet?  What am I missing?

Unscheduled Job #1 orders will be converted to Job #2 specifications. It's primarily an internal matter at Ford. Don't make it an issue, please... Forget about it!

So just to add to this topic.  I originally ordered a 21 KR in 09/21. Dealer changed it to a 22 KR in 10/21 when the 21 was not scheduled to be built.   Was scheduled for week of 12/20/21.... was finally built 01/04/22  I took delivery on 02/01/22. My package was a KR with pretty much everything except bedliner and bedcover- powerboost, 6.5 bed etc. . My dealer was Long-Lewis Hoover AL. I went with them because they did x-plan on ordered trucks. I live in NC and nobody around here was willing to do x-plan.  The order went fine, info from them waiting for the order was slim a best. I got more info from this forum. thanks @ice-capdes and @cyberdman, but in the end the price was right and it was worth the wait. The truck is great "still new" and I am very pleased so far.  All this to say   I think these days all bets are off as to what is normal. You could get lucky and get a truck next month or you could wait a year or more. Best of luck in whatever you all decide to do.  I will leave you with a few shots of what I got.  And the dog is what I negotiated with my wife so I could get the truck. She got a puppy and I got a truck.

IMG_0941 copy.jpg

IMG_0947 copy.jpg

IMG_0951 copy.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Thanks for providing this thread. Does anyone have updated information on the status of the chip holds?

Nearly all of the DRB-built trucks with blend dates starting the week of 1/10/22 (and thereafter) have had estimated deliveries pushed out due to the chip hold issue and are now showing estimated deliveries in late April/early May. My order was orginally scheduled for the week of 1/3 but was pushed to the following week. It has definitely been painful to watch others who had their trucks built just a few days before mine get their trucks shipped and delivered.

I understand this is a supply chain issue which is further complicated by the US/Canada border bridge crossing blockade. I also assume if most of the semiconductors have been coming from Asia then production has been stopped or very slow with the Chinese New Year occurring at the beginning of the month and also with a zero COVID tolerance. However, I'm hoping chip supply is starting to ramp back up so that Ford suppliers can begin ramping up production of their control modules.

Many seem to think that Ford installs semiconductor chips on the assembly line but reality is that Ford's suppliers of the electronic control modules need all the piece parts (such as semiconductors/chips and printed circuit boards) to build the control modules which then get sent to the plant to be installed in the trucks and plugged into the electrical harnesses. Also curious if anyone (Ford employees in particular) definitively know approximately how many control modules are in an F-150.  I'm sure it varies depending on the configuration/trim level/options but just curious.

Thank you to all if you're able to provide some substantive (not speculative) feedback! ?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, 65stang150 said:

Just curious where your seeing the estimated delivery date?  When I look at the order it doesn’t show a delivery date and hasn’t shown one since I got the email from Ford. My build date is 28 Feb and I don’t know the blend date. Also my window sticker doesn’t show up either.  

First step is getting your VIN and being able to see your window sticker which has the Blend Date near top center, right above the word "BLEND".  Estimated Delivery date is shown in the Ford Tracker.  After you initial order confirmation email from Ford you'll get another email from Ford when it's scheduled for production.  This email will tell you your VIN, the week its scheduled for production and should have a hyperlink to the tracker where it says "Track My Order."  After you enter your VIN and order number the tracker should provide more details ... if its working.  There will be a timeline which is populated with dates during various stages of the order-to-delivery process.  Further down under "Vehicle Details" there will be an "Estimated Delivery" date.

3 hours ago, 65stang150 said:

I got the Vin, but the window sticker is not available yet. Here is all that shows on my tracker. 

Perfectly normal, blend info and Monroney sticker will not be available until very shortly before production actually occurs, at the earliest.

13 hours ago, Dwigit_99 said:

There will be a timeline which is populated with dates during various stages of the order-to-delivery process.

^That's the hint - those data will come later along the process.  Patience is a virtue ?

Edited by FordEscape
  • Like 1