22MY F150 Retail Orders

danleg

I've heard nothing from Ford (unless you count calls to my dealer) since I received my order confirmation email on 10/28.

From what I have seen on this an other forums, F150's have not been scheduled for the past two weeks. I have not yet seen anything about scheduling for next week.

??????

7 hours ago, danleg said:

I've heard nothing from Ford (unless you count calls to my dealer) since I received my order confirmation email on 10/28.

From what I have seen on this an other forums, F150's have not been scheduled for the past two weeks. I have not yet seen anything about scheduling for next week.

??????

No 2022 F-150 scheduling for next week per the updated Production Week Scheduling Information that I just uploaded. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

No 2022 F-150 scheduling for next week per the updated Production Week Scheduling Information that I just uploaded. 

thanks for the update. At least I won’t be bugging FMC or my dealer now that i know this again. These updates helps a lot!!

that means that there would only have been one week of scheduling in February for 2022, i.e. 10 Feb. guessing we’ll only see more scheduled around job 2 starting. 

Wonder why that is? At least IF they start scheduling on 3/10 again build dates will be a month out (4/10) and not the regular two months. So the nett wait and duration is the same. 

my 12/20 order is still stuck with no news. Ordered lariat 502A with powered running boards and bluecruise. Wonder if any if these parts are constrained??

Thanks for the information ! Any information on chip holds ? My 2022 F-150 Limited has been on chip hold since Jan. 23 ( ordered in Sept. 2021 , showing ship date of May 28, 2022 ) .. I see F-150 XLT ‘s being shipped that were ordered in Oct. - Dec. 2021. Dealer has been no help in getting information. 

22 minutes ago, SwtHmAl said:

Thanks for the information ! Any information on chip holds ? My 2022 F-150 Limited has been on chip hold since Jan. 23 ( ordered in Sept. 2021 , showing ship date of May 28, 2022 ) .. I see F-150 XLT ‘s being shipped that were ordered in Oct. - Dec. 2021. Dealer has been no help in getting information. 

Ford doesn't update Dealers on microchip hold status other than in the Vehicle Visibility system reports. 

2 hours ago, Orange-F150 said:

my 12/20 order is still stuck with no news. Ordered lariat 502A with powered running boards and bluecruise. Wonder if any if these parts are constrained??

I ordered Dec 28th, still no VIN yet :( Last time I had to wait this long was when I ordered an 05 Mustang GT. Took over 6 months from order to arrival, have a feeling the same goes for the F150 this time around, if not longer.  Part that sucks is people will start ordering 2023's by the time the 2022's get here in Canada.  Ford.ca has yet to update their website as it still shows 2021 model.

33 minutes ago, 65stang150 said:

This is for new scheduled vehicles for next week?  I’m scheduled start date of 7 March. 

Two different things. Your build should (hopefully) continue. That updates just says that FoMoCo will not be announcing/scheduling more build dates this week for trucks that are still unscheduled. 

However, the KC plant is dark this current week, but it has nothing to do with this update kindly provided by @ice-capades. This downtime may or may not affect your build. 

Edited by Orange-F150

17 minutes ago, Orange-F150 said:

Two different things. Your build should (hopefully) continue. That updates just says that FoMoCo will not be announcing/scheduling more build dates this week for trucks that are still unscheduled. 

However, the KC plant is dark this current week, but it has nothing to do with this update kindly provided by @ice-capades. This downtime may or may not affect your build. 

Thanks for the update. I have a Lariat on order and believe it’s a Detroit plant build. Hopefully that plant is up and running 

19 hours ago, 65stang150 said:

Thanks for the update. I have a Lariat on order and believe it’s a Detroit plant build. Hopefully that plant is up and running 

Lariat's with the Lariat Black Appearance Package (195) are built only at the Dearborn plant. Otherwise Lariat's are built at both Dearborn and Kansas City.

Edited by ice-capades
Revised/Corrected

1 hour ago, ice-capades said:

Lariat trim is built at the Dearborn plant only which should continue production as scheduled unless interrupted by unanticipated down time.

ah, ok, are all Lariat's built in Dearborn? I know there's some similar details like some colors and powerboosts etc being built at one site only.  Sounds like you are saying lariat is another similar plant specific 'definition'.  

Are there similar other things that are exclusive to a specific plant?

3 hours ago, Orange-F150 said:

ah, ok, are all Lariat's built in Dearborn? I know there's some similar details like some colors and powerboosts etc being built at one site only.  Sounds like you are saying lariat is another similar plant specific 'definition'.  

Are there similar other things that are exclusive to a specific plant?

Plant Specific Content:

Dearborn (DTP)

• 3.5L Hybrid engine (99D)
  • Limited series (900A)
  • Platinum series (700A/701A)
  • King Ranch series (600A/601A)
  • Tremor Series (400A-402A)
  • STX Black Pkg (191)
  • XLT Black Pkg (193)
  • Lariat Black Pkg (195)
  • Platinum Black Pkg (197)
  • Max recline front seats (91S)
  • Power Running Boards (18P, std 601A, 700A/701A, 900A)
  • 6" extended chrome running boards (18L)
  • 6" extended dark grey accent running boards (18S)
  • Continuosly Controlled Damping (61D)
  • Smoked Quartz tinted clearcoat exterior paint (TQ)
  • Star White tri-coat exterior paint (AZ)
  • Code Orange (CN)

Kansas City (KCAP)

• Heavy duty payload package (627)
  • Regular cab (F1C/F1E)
  • Super cab w/163" wheelbase
  • Manual Front Windows (F/X1C/E 100A)
  • Space White exterior paint (A3)
  • Race Red (PQ)
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Lariat trim is built at the Dearborn plant only which should continue production as scheduled unless interrupted by unanticipated down time.

Not true.  Lariats are also built at the Kansas City plant.  However, I assume it may be only Lariat's of a certain configuration ... ie no PowerBoosts, etc.

Here's the window sticker of a KAN-built Lariat that was built on 2/7 and shipped just last week ... on its way to Virginia.

https://www.windowsticker.forddirect.com/windowsticker.pdf?vin=1FTFW1E50NKD34849

25 minutes ago, Dwigit_99 said:

Not true.  Lariats are also built at the Kansas City plant.  However, I assume it may be only Lariat's of a certain configuration ... ie no PowerBoosts, etc.

Here's the window sticker of a KAN-built Lariat that was built on 2/7 and shipped just last week ... on its way to Virginia.

https://www.windowsticker.forddirect.com/windowsticker.pdf?vin=1FTFW1E50NKD34849

He probbaly meant Lariat Black Appearance package, even as per @ice-capades's update about plant specific build it doesn't say that Lariat's are exclusively built at Dearborn, but rather Lariat Black Appearance Packages.

4 hours ago, Orange-F150 said:

He probbaly meant Lariat Black Appearance package, even as per @ice-capades's update about plant specific build it doesn't say that Lariat's are exclusively built at Dearborn, but rather Lariat Black Appearance Packages.

His follow-on post provided that information ... showing that all BAPs are built in DRB.  However, people who read the statement "Lariat trim is built at the Dearborn plant only ..." will be misled.

Edited by Dwigit_99

40 minutes ago, Dwigit_99 said:

Thanks for the correction! For some reason, I was convinced that Lariat's were only produced at Dearborn because of the other high-end models, etc. that are exclusive to the Dearborn plant. However, the Lariat Black Appearance Package (195) is exclusive to Dearborn. 

Attached is a more recent VIN Guide for reference for those interested.

Ford_2021 VIN Guide.pdf

Edited by ice-capades
Additional Content
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

Thanks for the correction! For some reason, I was convinced that Lariat's were only produced at Dearborn because of the other high-end models, etc. that are exclusive to the Dearborn plant.

Attached is a more recent VIN Guide for reference for those interested. 

Ford_2021 VIN Guide.pdf

No worries. I also wondered about this until I found a few KAN-built Lariat VINS last week.

Thanks for all the information you provide to this forum!

Thanks for the information, whenever my order gets scheduled it should be in Dearborn then based on the current list. The bonus of that is that I am in SE Michigan so whenever it does get built it should be short travel time to my dealer!