22MY F150 Retail Orders

danleg

I ordered my 2022 Lariat on December 5th and have been jerked around by the dealership since day one. I was told in mid-Janaury it would be completed on February 14th and that was a lie and in hindsight stupid to believe on my part. I was then told the build date would be February 28th. After 2 weeks of calling and getting no callbacks, I was able to get into the dealer and finally have them print off my VIN number. It simply states "In Plant". Waiting on a call back(probably won't happen) from the GM and hoping he's at least got an estimated date as my company is taking their car back and I will be careless on April 1. In case you're curious I can certainly give you a dealer in Little Rock, AR that is not recommended...

On 3/8/2022 at 3:00 PM, Wpatterson said:

I ordered my 2022 Lariat on December 5th and have been jerked around by the dealership since day one. I was told in mid-Janaury it would be completed on February 14th and that was a lie and in hindsight stupid to believe on my part. I was then told the build date would be February 28th. After 2 weeks of calling and getting no callbacks, I was able to get into the dealer and finally have them print off my VIN number. It simply states "In Plant". Waiting on a call back(probably won't happen) from the GM and hoping he's at least got an estimated date as my company is taking their car back and I will be careless on April 1. In case you're curious I can certainly give you a dealer in Little Rock, AR that is not recommended...

Why do you think your dealer is lying?  Could it not be that the dates they were telling you was what they were seeing on their VVR?  My production dates moved 5 times.  My blend date was 2/2, and my truck has been sitting, produced, since 2/15.  Was supposed to arrive today, according to the VVR, but that obviously isn't happening.  They can only relay the info they are looking at.  The online tracker is useless, even when it is functioning.  VVR is better but FORD can still delay your truck and that isn't your dealer's fault.

On 3/8/2022 at 3:00 PM, Wpatterson said:

If you had a VIN then your dealer was correct and you really should apologize.

On 1/26/2022 at 7:29 PM, danleg said:

Has anyone been getting their F150's Scheduled for builds?

Better yet, has anyone received a 22MY F150.

I have a 4x4 King Ranch on order since 9/28. It has not been scheduled yet.

Salesman informed me yesterday I am Scheduled to Week of 4/18/2022 and provided VIN. 

I have not received any communication from FordMC yet, but was able to use the Ford Vehicle Order Tracker (Order# & VIN) to confirm build appears to match my original order. It appears Ford has added the  Auto Start Stop Removal option to my order. 

Build is fully loaded KR, 3.5 econ, 4x4,  max tow, fully reclining seats, CCD, 601A, No Moon Roof.

I ordered a 4x4 502A 3.5 ecoboost on 10/18/21, before the order guide showed the black appearance package as late availability.

Ended up getting schedules for week of 2/28, pushed to week of 3/7. Actually built on 3/15. Got put on a rail car yesterday, 3/26. ETA to dealer is 4/5.

Patience is definitely the way to go for a custom order, especially on an F150.

Edited by tk421

11 hours ago, danleg said:

Salesman informed me yesterday I am Scheduled to Week of 4/18/2022 and provided VIN. 

I have not received any communication from FordMC yet, but was able to use the Ford Vehicle Order Tracker (Order# & VIN) to confirm build appears to match my original order. It appears Ford has added the  Auto Start Stop Removal option to my order. 

Build is fully loaded KR, 3.5 econ, 4x4,  max tow, fully reclining seats, CCD, 601A, No Moon Roof.

I was also informed that my loaded Platinum Powerboost is scheduled for week of 4/18/2022 and received my VIN, unfortunately the Tracker just says a windows sticker is not available.  :( 

2 hours ago, tk421 said:

I ordered a 4x4 502A 3.5 ecoboost on 10/18/21, before the order guide showed the black appearance package as late availability.

Ended up getting schedules for week of 2/28, pushed to week of 3/7. Actually built on 3/15. Got put on a rail car yesterday, 3/26. ETA to dealer is 4/5.

Patience is definitely the way to go for a custom order, especially on an F150.

I ordered a 4x4 King Ranch on 11/19/2022 and it is on this same schedule. I got a notice last week it was being delivered the first week of April. Unfortunately, after the order was made, in January the dealer changed the price on me so I'm not buying this particular one. I ordered another through a different dealer Jan 15, 2022 and have nothing on it yet. 

14 hours ago, danleg said:

my dealership when I ordered said they were only doing orders with the auto stop removed. I didn’t want that feature anyways

• 2 weeks later...

My first Window Sticker was available on March 31st and has a blend date of April 5th.  Window Sticker updated today, no change in the information, just the date at the bottom as to when the sticker was updated.  Unfortunately none of the tracking tools work as I am in Canada and the Canadian tracker rarely ever works.  I'd just like to know if the build has been completed and that it won't be heading off to storage due to the chip shortage.  Window Sticker shows the credit for Active Park removal. 

On 3/27/2022 at 1:23 PM, 65stang150 said:

my dealership when I ordered said they were only doing orders with the auto stop removed. I didn’t want that feature anyways

Probably your dealer is ordering it as stock order since you Ford requires to remove auto S/S if ordered as stock.

1 hour ago, RapZilla said:

Probably your dealer is ordering it as stock order since you Ford requires to remove auto S/S if ordered as stock.

No it just means that dealer is only placing orders with auto s/s delete so the orders don’t get delayed even further.

4 hours ago, akirby said:

No it just means that dealer is only placing orders with auto s/s delete so the orders don’t get delayed even further.

How much of a delay would that even cause?? I've seen at least 2-3 Nov orders with auto s/s get delivered. Saw them on Ford's website when you search.

42 minutes ago, RapZilla said:

How much of a delay would that even cause?? I've seen at least 2-3 Nov orders with auto s/s get delivered. Saw them on Ford's website when you search.

Probably just being overly cautious,  Might be ok today but could be a major problem next week or next month.  Impossible to predict.

On 2/3/2022 at 12:22 PM, Orange-F150 said:

It depends heavily on what trim and packages you ordered.  Black Appearance package seems to be held up the most. Looking at some stats available around the internet I would expect any new order to take 1-3 months for scheduling, another 2-3 for building, hen 3-6 weeks for delivery.  I placed an order in December and I'm not expecting to see it until at least June, maybe even July.

Order date was Oct 7 for my XLT Powerboost (RR with BAP). Crickets since then but I just got a call from my dealer that it has finally been scheduled & gave me the VIN. He thinks I may get it sometime in June. Not going to hold my breath on that quite yet but progress is progress. 

• Like 1

9/26/2021 - Ordered King Ranch (High).

10/27/2021 - Dealer informed me order was "punted" to MY22, Received Order Confirmed email from Ford.

3/18/2022 - Received "AN IMPORTANT UPDATE ABOUT YOUR ORDER" email from Ford.  

3/25/2022 - Informed by Salesman Build week of  4/18/2022 and provided VIN, I was able to see my truck in the FVOT(Ford Vehicle Order Tracking) website. 

4/1/2022 - While chatting with Ford rep about order not showing up in my online Ford account, was informed Build Week was changed to 4/25.

4/21/2022 - FVOT shows truck in production with blend date of 4/28/2022. Window sticker is now available :)

image.thumb.png.763d98b09c0ceaa8c6f10c482fc61b6d.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/21/2022 at 9:58 AM, danleg said:

9/26/2021 - Ordered King Ranch (High).

10/27/2021 - Dealer informed me order was "punted" to MY22, Received Order Confirmed email from Ford.

3/18/2022 - Received "AN IMPORTANT UPDATE ABOUT YOUR ORDER" email from Ford.  

3/25/2022 - Informed by Salesman Build week of  4/18/2022 and provided VIN, I was able to see my truck in the FVOT(Ford Vehicle Order Tracking) website. 

4/1/2022 - While chatting with Ford rep about order not showing up in my online Ford account, was informed Build Week was changed to 4/25.

4/21/2022 - FVOT shows truck in production with blend date of 4/28/2022. Window sticker is now available :)

On 4/21/2022 at 9:58 AM, danleg said:

4/28/2022 - New Window Sticker, no changes to vehicle(that I could see) but changes in blend numbers.

4/30/2022 - Tracker now shows in Built Status with this note. "Your vehicle has been built and we are arranging shipment to your dealer. This step could take a few days to a week."