New 2022 Navigator Order Timeframe Thread

BigVette

I'm going to start a thread for others edification to follow and get some sort of estimate as to the time frame involved when ordering a new Navigator. I initially tried to place an order for a new Yukon Denali with the LM2 Duramax diesel shortly after Thanksgiving but through one constraint after another, we waited over six weeks before I finally asked my dealer for my deposit back as GM had yet to accept our order.

Order submitted and Lincoln accepted 1/20/22. Priority Code 10.

Will update this thread when milestones happen. VIN, Build, and Delivery. 

J2L Reserve 4x4 with most all options save for the rear entertainment system which is not yet available (kids use Kindles.) X-plan pricing with my local dealer. Infinite black with the russet interior. Going to ceramic graphene coat the whole vehicle myself as soon as I get it, and have my go-to local tint guy outfit the vehicle with the good stuff (high IR-rejection.) 

22 Navigator.JPG

Edited by BigVette
  • Like 1

• ice-capades changed the title to New 2022 Navigator Order Timeframe Thread
1 hour ago, Black Label said:

Did you want others to give their timelines as well? And, how did you get the rendering above?

Yes, certainly! I think that would be helpful for many. When I have updates I'll include at the top of my post the pertinent details:

• Order Submitted and/or Accepted
  • Production scheduled and VIN provided
  • Vehicle built
  • Vehicle shipped and actually delivered to dealer

The pic is from Lincoln's website, they have a 2022 Navigator page for the most part now, they just don't have the build configuration available just yet. Has all the specs and everything. MPG is up to 22 for even 4WD on the highway with a slight reduction in power from 450hp to 440hp. (Torque remains at an impressive 510 ft/lbs at like 3,000 rpm.)

https://www.lincoln.com/luxury-suvs/navigator/2022/?gnav=vhpnav-overview

14 minutes ago, BigVette said:

Yes, certainly! I think that would be helpful for many. When I have updates I'll include at the top of my post the pertinent details:

• Order Submitted and/or Accepted
  • Production scheduled and VIN provided
  • Vehicle built
  • Vehicle shipped and actually delivered to dealer

The pic is from Lincoln's website, they have a 2022 Navigator page for the most part now, they just don't have the build configuration available just yet. Has all the specs and everything. MPG is up to 22 for even 4WD on the highway with a slight reduction in power from 450hp to 440hp. (Torque remains at an impressive 510 ft/lbs at like 3,000 rpm.)

https://www.lincoln.com/luxury-suvs/navigator/2022/?gnav=vhpnav-overview

Ordered mine in October. In buyback status, so slightly higher priority code, not sure what it is, however. Black Label L, Pristine White, Chalet Theme interior. Just received VIN last week and build date of 02/21 but no email from Lincoln yet, just a text from my salesperson. 

I have been on that page but not recently to see the colorizer. Thanks! This is the color but not a Black Label. 

Navigator_22_Reserve_prwh_ext_360_06.thumb.jpg.bc308d93ad04388905b71737c13c9de9.jpg

• Like 2

Ceramic pearl monochromatic 4x4 reserve

Ordered 10/19/21

Received email 2/4/22 - Scheduled to week 2/21/22 

Received email 2/6/22 - Scheduled to week 2/28/22

Received email 2/11/22 - Scheduled to week 3/7/22

Received email 2/17/22 - Scheduled to week 3/14/22

Vehicle becomes visible on tracking website 2/23/22

Per dealer conversation on 2/28/22 - Scheduled to day 3/17/22

Received email 3/3/22 - Scheduled to week 3/21/22

In production 3/15/22 

Window sticker available 3/16/22

Activate Vehicle “button” available in Lincoln app 3/25/22

Built 3/30/22

3/31/22 Built email from Lincoln, estimated delivery 4/5-4/11

CSX Picked 4/6/22

4/16/22 New email from Lincoln, estimated delivery 4/15-4/21

4/27/22 New email from Lincoln, estimated delivery 4/28 - 5/4

4/29/22 Dispatched

4/29/22 Arrived at dealer

5/7/22 Delivered 

0F52A6D1-97C4-468D-970C-98864051D3F7.jpeg

CD5878D2-C859-496C-9DF2-E923846B19C4.jpeg

Edited by Xraymd
Update

Reserve 4x4

Ocean Drive Blue with Sandstone interior

Rear massage seats for spoiled kids

Ordered on 1/21 and received email from Lincoln but that is all so far.

Constantly going back and forth with myself on whether I should have gotten the trailer pkg and eLSD even though I don't tow anything. 

image.thumb.png.4d2050866f63432b99456372f8d048f0.png

The eLSD is expensive but for a vehicle with as much power as these, I want it there.

The heavy-duty tow package is almost so significant it really out to be standard, especially for the overall price of the vehicle. You couldn't retrofit your vehicle for the fraction of the $940 that it costs upfront.

The two-speed transfer case is almost worth it alone, not to mention the trailer brake controller and the Pro-Trailer Backup Assist 2.0. (version 2.0 is a big improvement and it works without having to have the stickers on your trailer, I believe.)

Plus, if you ever go to sell your Navigator it will only make it exponentially more desirable and valuable.

Also, what I believe are new for 2022, front tow hooks! I've never seen a Navigator with them but I'll tell you what I ended up doing on my then-new 2017 Yukon Denali 4WD that came with no tow hooks. I ended up removing the entire front bumper and grille just so I could retrofit the truck with stock GM parts, the plastic molding and chrome tow hooks, just so I could have proper tow hooks that should have been there from the beginning. (I also swapped out the old for a new Denali grille as long as I had it off the truck.) And GM still doesn't offer front tow hooks on a 4WD Yukon Denali, (Or Tahoe High Country.) 

The Navigator is a beast of a towing capable vehicle and I would highly recommend the extra coin for it. 

Heavy Duty trailer package.JPG

Edited by BigVette
  • Like 1

Pristine white / Chalet BL L, no center console, other options, priority 19 ordered last week sooooo ... probably won't be seeing it for awhile, but that's ok as I don't need it for awhile.

After doing BMWs for many years it'll be interesting to try out this thing - I probably wouldn't have even considered it had I not rented an expedition max and really loved the practicality.

Also plan to use an LSP, but I'm more of a every 2 weeks wash person and I usually use Turtle Wax's Flex Wax as a drying aide as I love the slickness and don't really need the chemical protection of ceramic ... though I've been looking at Black Rhino's Graph-x and may try it on the 'gator.  That said, I just like the idea of something that's easy to remove and/or degrades on it's own if I don't like it, so we'll see.  I have my process down fairly good so it's always tough to change.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, BigVette said:

The eLSD is expensive but for a vehicle with as much power as these, I want it there.

The heavy-duty tow package is almost so significant it really out to be standard, especially for the overall price of the vehicle. You couldn't retrofit your vehicle for the fraction of the $940 that it costs upfront.

The two-speed transfer case is almost worth it alone, not to mention the trailer brake controller and the Pro-Trailer Backup Assist 2.0. (version 2.0 is a big improvement and it works without having to have the stickers on your trailer, I believe.)

Plus, if you ever go to sell your Navigator it will only make it exponentially more desirable and valuable.

Thanks for the reply. In what situations do you feel you need the eLSD? I wont be offroading nor towing so I am trying to think about the times that this would be handy.

21 minutes ago, PGood said:

Thanks for the reply. In what situations do you feel you need the eLSD? I wont be offroading nor towing so I am trying to think about the times that this would be handy.

You're probably asking the wrong guy if you were looking for someone to tell you that it's not necessary! A I'm a long-time Corvette fan and current C7 Z06 owner, the eLSD has been around for a while there. It is a lot of coin for an option here but I would recommend it's worth it just for the peace of mind on top of resale value.

I also have a Ford-powered diesel Land Rover Discovery that I specifically ordered with the capability plus package that included their version of an active (electronic) locking rear differential. Being able to lock both diffs when off-road in certain conditions is a game-changer in terms of capability. I would suggest that eLSD would be most useful in low-traction scenarios such as inclement weather and when off-road, but it is also very desirable when towing as the video below highlights. If you're ever going to try and pull a boat out of the water on a ramp, you'd want 4WD and a rear locking diff. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JO302 said:

Just got the email that mine is going into production the week of Feb 14 and got a VIN assigned. Ordered it on 12/22/21.

Getting a L with Ceramic Pearl monochromatic 4x4 reserve.

Hopefully I get my X-plan pin in time from MCoA ?

That sounds exciting! Do you know what your priority code was on your order sheet? Probably doesn't matter because it's all relative to the dealer's allocation. Some of the latest VIN's that I am seeing are about L047xx in the production sequence, I'd be curious to know approximately where in the production sequence your VIN was? 

Edited by BigVette

28 minutes ago, tobe said:

I just got the email that my Black Label is going into production week of March 7. VIN lot is LO41xx. The order was placed and confirmed 12/2. It's going into production sooner than I expected :)

The VIN number doesn't correspond with the production/build sequence. Vehicles are not produced in order by VIN numbers due to vehicle specifications, commodities, plant constraints and other factors. 

Interesting to see people who ordered in December receiving an email from Lincoln with VIN and production date. I am on buyback priority. Ordered October 28. I did get a VIN and build week of 02/21 from my dealer, but I have yet to receive the email from Lincoln with VIN and tracking info. 

26 minutes ago, Black Label said:

Interesting to see people who ordered in December receiving an email from Lincoln with VIN and production date. I am on buyback priority. Ordered October 28. I did get a VIN and build week of 02/21 from my dealer, but I have yet to receive the email from Lincoln with VIN and tracking info. 

There are multiple factors at play when it comes time for production scheduling, and as mentioned above, they are not always produced in the very same order that the builds were accepted. Dealers have priority codes within their own allocation (Priority level 10 - 19,) and then there are 9 levels above that (Priority Level 1-9) that only FoMoCo/Lincoln and play with from there. Other variables at play are the logistics of certain parts for particular options your vehicle may be slated to receive.  

If your dealer gave you a VIN I wouldn't sweat the email from Lincoln. You may be able to get more on your build from the link below.

https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking#/

Edited by BigVette
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, BigVette said:

There are multiple factors at play when it comes time for production scheduling, and as mentioned above, they are not always produced in the very same order that the builds were accepted. Dealers have priority codes within their own allocation (Priority level 10 - 19,) and then there are 9 levels above that (Priority Level 1-9) that only FoMoCo/Lincoln and play with from there. Other variables at play are the logistics of certain parts for particular options your vehicle may be slated to receive.  

If your dealer gave you a VIN I wouldn't sweat the email from Lincoln. You may be able to get more on your build from the link below.

https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking#/

Thanks, I get the priority coders and what they mean, I appreciate it. I have tried that tracking site and the order number never takes. I even asked the dealer if there was a different order number, she said no that's it. My understanding from reading various threads here and elsewhere is the email from Lincoln contains the information to plug in to track production.  

You are correct, I supposedly have a production week, but not getting the email just continues a much bigger picture of Lincoln's lack of following through with its touted "Lincoln Way" and Black Label service. They fall way short, unfortunately. 

Ordered 10/18. Received VIN from dealer 1/20/22. Scheduled build week 2/28. Black Label 4x4 with I think everything except rear entertainment.  I had never received any emails from Lincoln until today after my dealer finally got sick of me complaining about it I guess and was somehow able to get the email situation sorted out. However, the track my vehicle link within still tells me that either my order # or vin is incorrect so it's not much use. 

1 hour ago, xraytek22 said:

Ordered 10/18. Received VIN from dealer 1/20/22. Scheduled build week 2/28. Black Label 4x4 with I think everything except rear entertainment.  I had never received any emails from Lincoln until today after my dealer finally got sick of me complaining about it I guess and was somehow able to get the email situation sorted out. However, the track my vehicle link within still tells me that either my order # or vin is incorrect so it's not much use. 

Same here. My email indicated another Build Order Status email will come soon. Maybe that is when the tracking link will recognize the order number. 

Oh, and I pestered my dealer today and magically there was my email. Lol, probably just a coincidence. 

30 minutes ago, Black Label said:

Same here. My email indicated another Build Order Status email will come soon. Maybe that is when the tracking link will recognize the order number. 

Oh, and I pestered my dealer today and magically there was my email. Lol, probably just a coincidence. 

Haha!  I think they have had a problem w their emails and their tracking.  They (dealership) still don’t know why my tracking isnt working either. Maybe it will soon!  We really arent all that far away from build weeks! I am still trying to refuse to get the least bit excited. You just never know w the times that we are in how long it will be before they are here. 

• Like 1