New 2022 Navigator Order Timeframe Thread

BigVette

13 hours ago, Navigator2022 said:

Finally After 7 months of waiting my Special Order 2022 Navigator Reserve is in my hands . My dealer gave me a good price below MSRP and received a good deal on my 2020 Aviator which was part of a trade in for the Navigator . I had the Navigator professionally graphene coated for a 7-8 years protection of the gorgeous Pristine White paint . Had the front windows ceramic tinted 15% to match the rest of the windows .Installed Weathertech in channel vent shades for front and rear windows .  Now it is just time to enjoy my beautiful Navigator. 

Looks great! I ceramic coated my other two vehicles myself with Avalon King's Armor Shield IX, but for my wife's new Navigator I've bought Adam's Graphene ceramic coating advanced kit for it. 60ml I think it will be enough for the entire vehicle. Look into a windshield tint if you haven't already; I realized my Corvette that I bought as the 2nd owner with 5k miles on it and already had tint, didn't have this. Going to get that corrected in a couple of weeks. Helps keep out a lot of the heat and you don't have to wear your sunglasses all of the time. 

21 hours ago, BlueBlackLabel said:

My Navigator is finally in production!!

Ordered as soon as the books opened in October, L black label.  Pristine white with yacht club interior. 

Until this week, I was pretty close to thinking I would be getting a 23 instead of a 22 ! 

Looking forward to seeing pics when you get it. 

21 hours ago, BlueBlackLabel said:

My Navigator is finally in production!!

Ordered as soon as the books opened in October, L black label.  Pristine white with yacht club interior. 

Until this week, I was pretty close to thinking I would be getting a 23 instead of a 22 ! 

What is your production sequence? (Basically your VIN the last six beginning with L12345.)  You would have thought yours would have been one of the first Navigators in MY22 produced! I've already seen VIN's in the L10xxx range. Supposedly Lincoln is no longer producing Navigators for retail orders, only sold orders. 

52 minutes ago, BigVette said:

What is your production sequence? (Basically your VIN the last six beginning with L12345.)  You would have thought yours would have been one of the first Navigators in MY22 produced! I've already seen VIN's in the L10xxx range. Supposedly Lincoln is no longer producing Navigators for retail orders, only sold orders. 

My order was priority 10, but apparently production sequence has more factor than just that... others who had the same priority  (I believe 10 was highest) have had their cars for months already!

L07619 

I've also heard they are only producing for sold orders, and that they are no longer building the Black Label L in Pristine White.  

Order books open for 23's in a week or so.

I will probably add self healing vinyl to front quarter and ceramic coating after it comes in.  Not a fan of extended warranties but I bought a Lexus recently and was offered tire and rim coverage for a decent price. If Lincoln offers I will get that.  Hate Curb rash! 

Edited by BlueBlackLabel

47 minutes ago, Black Label said:

It all depends on Priority Code, not the date of order. 

Priority code is a factor indeed, but I think apparently, more importantly, are the unpublished variables such as dealer allocation and manufacturer constraints. Been Priority 10 since the order was placed on 1/20 and when Lincoln began to permit the rear entertainment to be ordered, since we had still not been given a VIN and tentative production date, we were able to amend our order and add it on 4/1. Lincoln themselves then bumped up the priority to 02 and we have been at priority 02 for over two months still with no VIN or tentative production date. Little surprised by that. 

18 minutes ago, BlueBlackLabel said:

My order was priority 10, but apparently production sequence has more factor than just that... others who had the same priority  (I believe 10 was highest) have had their cars for months already!

L07619 

I've also heard they are only producing for sold orders, and that they are no longer building the Black Label L in Pristine White.  

Order books open for 23's in a week or so.

Interesting to have a VIN that high when you had your order placed so early. I think I read that there was a constraint on the Reserve Roast interior at one point and then just a couple of weeks ago, the dealer said that the regional Lincoln rep told him that the middle row messaging seats were on constraint and if we wanted, we could drop that we could probably get it built sooner. Of course I said no thank you, to that! My only reason for not switching over to a MY23 order is that I don't want to lose the price protection on our order we originally placed in January. I know there has been at least one price increase since then, on top of what most assuredly will be another price increase for MY23. 

Well, there are more knowledgeable people who have posted all across this forum about the commodity constraints. We all know that. I am talking in normal times, the priority code will likely be a bigger factor than dealer allocation. That would not cause as big a delay as a 19 priority code, from what I understand. So, for @BlueBlackLabel, even though he ordered what I did but with a different interior theme that has not been mentioned with commodity constraints, I would put it at priority code and maybe slightly the dealer allocation. 

30 minutes ago, BigVette said:

Priority code is a factor indeed, but I think apparently, more importantly, are the unpublished variables such as dealer allocation and manufacturer constraints. Been Priority 10 since the order was placed on 1/20 and when Lincoln began to permit the rear entertainment to be ordered, since we had still not been given a VIN and tentative production date, we were able to amend our order and add it on 4/1. Lincoln themselves then bumped up the priority to 02 and we have been at priority 02 for over two months still with no VIN or tentative production date. Little surprised by that. 

Interesting to have a VIN that high when you had your order placed so early. I think I read that there was a constraint on the Reserve Roast interior at one point and then just a couple of weeks ago, the dealer said that the regional Lincoln rep told him that the middle row messaging seats were on constraint and if we wanted, we could drop that we could probably get it built sooner. Of course I said no thank you, to that! My only reason for not switching over to a MY23 order is that I don't want to lose the price protection on our order we originally placed in January. I know there has been at least one price increase since then, on top of what most assuredly will be another price increase for MY23. 

Mine is a L Black label, Yacht Club interior, rear center console delete, 2nd row massage, heavy duty tow.  MSRP when I ordered was $109485, looks like it has increased about $2k (not including dest/acquisition fees).  Hm.  I never heard 2nd row massage was a constraint item. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Black Label said:

Well, there are more knowledgeable people who have posted all across this forum about the commodity constraints. We all know that. I am talking in normal times, the priority code will likely be a bigger factor than dealer allocation. That would not cause as big a delay as a 19 priority code, from what I understand. So, for @BlueBlackLabel, even though he ordered what I did but with a different interior theme that has not been mentioned with commodity constraints, I would put it at priority code and maybe slightly the dealer allocation. 

Agree.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, akirby said:

Priority code only matters within each dealer’s queue and it only matters relative to other orders in the queue.  You could be a 19 and be first in line or 10 and be 20th in line.

Or 10 and last in line for model year production, as it seems I am ! ????

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, akirby said:

Priority code only matters within each dealer’s queue and it only matters relative to other orders in the queue.  You could be a 19 and be first in line or 10 and be 20th in line.

How does it work then when Lincoln moves the priority up? (ex. Priority code 02) I'm kind of surprised my order has sat further with no VIN for 2+ months no while at priority 02. 

19 minutes ago, BigVette said:

How does it work then when Lincoln moves the priority up? (ex. Priority code 02) I'm kind of surprised my order has sat further with no VIN for 2+ months no while at priority 02. 

Someone with more knowledge can correct me if I’m wrong, but I think 10 is the highest priority code. 

26 minutes ago, BlueBlackLabel said:

Someone with more knowledge can correct me if I’m wrong, but I think 10 is the highest priority code. 

Highest a dealer can set. Regional manager or the like can assign 1-9, 1 being in very rare cases of damage during transport, etc.  

Only Ford assigns 1-9.  1 is limited to freak situations like a vehicle being destroyed in transit.  2 is being used for long standing Retail orders.  3-9 are not used.

If you’re a 2 then you’re constrained by parts and competing with the other 2s.

1 hour ago, BigVette said:

I agree . I placed my order for a 2022 Navigator Reserve in Pristine White on November 10,2021. It had a priority 19. It was built on May 5,2022 and It was delivered to me on May 27th 2022. My salesman told me that they have other Navigators ordered with a lower priority code and ordered before mine and they are not even built yet. Did I get lucky ? Perhaps,  but this priority code thing means really nothing because you can be the first one to get the vehicle or the last one. Ill guess it is up to Ford/ Lincoln to decide when to build the car. 

1 hour ago, Navigator2022 said:

I agree . I placed my order for a 2022 Navigator Reserve in Pristine White on November 10,2021. It had a priority 19. It was built on May 5,2022 and It was delivered to me on May 27th 2022. My salesman told me that they have other Navigators ordered with a lower priority code and ordered before mine and they are not even built yet. Did I get lucky ? Perhaps,  but this priority code thing means really nothing because you can be the first one to get the vehicle or the last one. Ill guess it is up to Ford/ Lincoln to decide when to build the car. 

How many times do we have to keep saying this?  THERE ARE COMMODITY ISSUES ON EVERYTHING.  The trucks ahead of yours could not be built because all the parts weren’t available.  It’s that simple.

• Like 1

Meh, I think it’s more dealer/manufacturer priority items we aren’t privvy to.  

I’ve seen several ordered after mine with same specs already delivered.  And those are just people who are posting on this message board, I’m sure there are many who are getting them who aren’t here, lol. 

Mine was ordered in October and I didn’t get an email from Ford until March.

19 minutes ago, BlueBlackLabel said:

I’ve seen several ordered after mine with same specs already delivered.  And those are just people who are posting on this message board.

But they’re at different dealers.  Each dealer has their own queue and when supplies are scarce they can’t build all orders every week.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, BlueBlackLabel said:

I’ve seen several ordered after mine with same specs already delivered.  And those are just people who are posting on this message board, I’m sure there are many who are getting them who aren’t here, lol. 

Mine was ordered in October and I didn’t get an email from Ford until March.

akirby just beat me to it in responding.

Quite frankly, I'm getting tired of this nonsense with people thinking there's some sort of conspiracy preventing their vehicle from getting scheduled and built as soon as they'd like. And I'm tired of having to constantly repeat answering the same issues over and over and over. This is becoming a waste of my time spending hours and hours making sure everyone has the latest, factual information from Ford and then having to listen to the constant whining.  

Edited by ice-capades
Additional Content
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, akirby said:

How many times do we have to keep saying this?  THERE ARE COMMODITY ISSUES ON EVERYTHING.  The trucks ahead of yours could not be built because all the parts weren’t available.  It’s that simple.

1 hour ago, ice-capades said:

akirby just beat me to it in responding.

Quite frankly, I'm getting tired of this nonsense with people thinking there's some sort of conspiracy preventing their vehicle from getting scheduled and built as soon as they'd like. And I'm tired of having to constantly repeat answering the same issues over and over and over. This is becoming a waste of my time spending hours and hours making sure everyone has the latest, factual information from Ford and then having to listen to the constant whining.  

Have y'all seen "Fight Club"? The scene in Lou's Tavern where Tyler Durden gets beaten to a pulp and he says, "I'm still not gettin' it." This reminds me of that scene. 

Edited by Black Label
  • Haha 1