New 2022 Navigator Order Timeframe Thread

BigVette

No need to be rude to people just trying to find out what’s going on.  It boils down to the lack of communication from the mfg.  We are paying 100k+ and for that amount of money people are looking for a little better customer service instead of just getting one email in 5 months without any further info.  Decisions to drop out or continue with the order process need to be made by buyers, and they are just looking for information to make those decisions and zero information is being provided by the mfg. which leads to frustration and “conspiracy theories”, as pointed out.  The frustration you are voicing should not be aimed at the consumers in this group just looking for answers, but rather to the mfg. who is withholding it. Buyers have to try to find information here because it’s not being given anywhere else.  

Both of my cars were Mercedes prior to ordering this Lincoln and the customer service and communication areas are seriously lacking with Lincoln in comparison. Just food for thought the next time someone wants to jump on someone just trying to get info on a 100k car they are purchasing 

27 minutes ago, Sunshine1124 said:

No need to be rude to people just trying to find out what’s going on.  It boils down to the lack of communication from the mfg.  We are paying 100k+ and for that amount of money people are looking for a little better customer service instead of just getting one email in 5 months without any further info.  Decisions to drop out or continue with the order process need to be made by buyers, and they are just looking for information to make those decisions and zero information is being provided by the mfg. which leads to frustration and “conspiracy theories”, as pointed out.  The frustration you are voicing should not be aimed at the consumers in this group just looking for answers, but rather to the mfg. who is withholding it. Buyers have to try to find information here because it’s not being given anywhere else.  

Both of my cars were Mercedes prior to ordering this Lincoln and the customer service and communication areas are seriously lacking with Lincoln in comparison. Just food for thought the next time someone wants to jump on someone just trying to get info on a 100k car they are purchasing 

You still don’t get it.  Supply chain issues are 100% unpredictable right now.  Outside of the actual manufacturing delays you have ships that can’t be unloaded and trucks that don’t show up.  Ford can’t tell you because they truly don’t know and neither does any other mfr.  Try to order an appliance - they’ll tell you 12 months.  To make it more complicated the dealer sets your priority and therefore your line in their queue and Ford doesn’t control that.

Normally any retail ordered vehicle gets built within 4-6 weeks at most.  Your dealer has all the information on where you are in the queue and any other Info Ford has on known constraints,  They should be communicating with you regularly. 

There are folks with $100k super Duties that Ford has been unable to build for 8+ months.   

If you don’t like it go buy a Mercedes.  We’re sick and tired of having to explain what should be common knowledge by now.

1 hour ago, akirby said:

You still don’t get it.  Supply chain issues are 100% unpredictable right now.  Outside of the actual manufacturing delays you have ships that can’t be unloaded and trucks that don’t show up.  Ford can’t tell you because they truly don’t know and neither does any other mfr.  Try to order an appliance - they’ll tell you 12 months.  To make it more complicated the dealer sets your priority and therefore your line in their queue and Ford doesn’t control that.

Normally any retail ordered vehicle gets built within 4-6 weeks at most.  Your dealer has all the information on where you are in the queue and any other Info Ford has on known constraints,  They should be communicating with you regularly. 

There are folks with $100k super Duties that Ford has been unable to build for 8+ months.   

If you don’t like it go buy a Mercedes.  We’re sick and tired of having to explain what should be common knowledge by now.

You must be having a bad day or you’re just an a-hole. Either way, no one is relying on you to explain anything. We DO get it. We are just asking for more communication from the mfg to tell us what’s missing and how long it will take so we can decide to move on if we need to.  And we aren’t asking for you in particular. In fact most people would rather you don’t give your input based on your past rude responses. It is a GROUP forum. Didn’t realize it was the akirby ahole forum or I wouldn’t have signed up to be part of this group. 

• Like 2

I enjoy akirby's knowledge and comments around here. I don't understand how posting on here hoping for communication from Lincoln is going to achieve that, but then the underlying tone is that Lincoln doesn't know what its' doing. The irony is that posting on an anonymous forum is a bad way to communicate with Lincoln. 

If you get the commodity issues, then why don't you also get that Lincoln and other manufacturers are doing their best to communicate, whether you think so or not?

And, name calling just makes the majority of posters who didn't just join to bitch about Lincoln is very unseemly. Maybe I am just an a-hole, too. 

I’m not here to communicate with Lincoln. I’ve tried that and failed for 5 months now; hence, this is why we come to forums to find out what others’ experiences are so we can get an idea of what’s going on. That’s the general idea of a forum, is it not? And I disagree that Lincoln has communicated the best  that they can. I received one email in 5 months and when I called the concierge when the email said “delayed” with no other explanation, they referred me to back to the dealer who didn’t even have that info. So no, I do not agree. Any piece of info of what was going on, I found out here on this forum. 

Sorry, but the responses given to people asking questions WAS rude and the tone very condescending. No need for that. Kind of adds insult to injury and discourages people asking questions….which is what this forum is for. I just call it like I see it.  

22 minutes ago, Sunshine1124 said:

I’m not here to communicate with Lincoln. I’ve tried that and failed for 5 months now; hence, this is why we come to forums to find out what others’ experiences are so we can get an idea of what’s going on. That’s the general idea of a forum, is it not? And I disagree that Lincoln has communicated the best  that they can. I received one email in 5 months and when I called the concierge when the email said “delayed” with no other explanation, they referred me to back to the dealer who didn’t even have that info. So no, I do not agree. Any piece of info of what was going on, I found out here on this forum. 

Sorry, but the responses given to people asking questions WAS rude and the tone very condescending. No need for that. Kind of adds insult to injury and discourages people asking questions….which is what this forum is for. I just call it like I see it.  

I understand the frustration. I have posted many times the last couple years ago about my disappointment with Lincoln, at times. They made it right by buying back my 2020. I just think, whether you like the replies or not, calling someone an a-hole is not going to help you out. 

I hope you get your vehicle sooner than later. 

Edited by Black Label

11 hours ago, Sunshine1124 said:

We are just asking for more communication from the mfg to tell us what’s missing and how long it will take so we can decide to move on if we need to.  

I’ll ignore the name calling and try to explain this one more time.

There are certain parts that are known commodity restraints.  Those are published to the dealer in detail and published here.

In addition to those, Ford is having issues with 37 different suppliers.  Vehicles get scheduled expecting parts to be available then they don’t show up on time.  It could literally be any part in a given week and it could change day to day.   

So Ford can’t tell you how long it will take because their suppliers can’t tell them with any degree of certainty.  Just because you don’t like the answer doesn’t make it the wrong answer.  And any other mfr that tells you they can guarantee a date is lying.  This affects every mfr not just vehicles.  Like I said, go order a refrigerator and you’ll be told it might take up to a year - they cannot give you a better answer.

Finally - and this is the point you do t seem to u derstand - you bought from a dealer not from Ford directly.  The dealer not only has all of the commodity constraint details - more importantly they also set your priority and they know where you are in their build queue based on the priority they set and how many orders they have.  You might be next in line or you might be 20th and Ford has no control over that.  When Ford is able to build a vehicle it selects the one from that dealer with the numerically lowest priority that is buildable.  That’s why you need to be talking to the dealer not Lincoln.

Also - from a Mercedes forum:

Welcome to the forum mate. There are several threads relating to the delays on the forum, but to summarise it for you, if you get your 45S by May, you will be a very lucky owner! Some of the wait times are now stretching in excess of 12 months (and more). The biggest issue is the lack of communication from Mercedes regarding the delays, with dealers making all the promises in the world but not backed up by the realities of the massive supply chain disruptions - but whatever makes a sale right? I hope you are a lucky one and get it when you expect mate, it is an amazing machine.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/6/2022 at 10:22 AM, BigVette said:

How does it work then when Lincoln moves the priority up? (ex. Priority code 02) I'm kind of surprised my order has sat further with no VIN for 2+ months no while at priority 02. 

I am typing this with some trepediation given the emotions in this forum... So our truck which was sitting on priority code 10 (highest priority code that a dealer can assign... Basically all it does is orders within a dealer) moved on its own to 2 for about a week. Our dealer explained that right before a car is scheduled to go on line, Ford moves the vehicle to 2 and that triggers actually getting all the parts into the factory. Normally they won't move the vehicle to 2 without having gotten a previous assessment from planning saying 'no holds and released'. Also normally the vehicle wont sit on code 2 for more than a few days before build starts. I am guessing here by the fact that the vehicle is stuck at 2 suggests that between the time the ran the no hold report and them actually deciding to move your vehicle into the line they must have hit some shortage. All in all being priority code 2 is still best thing in terms of driving supply chain but clearly in this case appears not be the panacea either 

By the way similar to others in the forum our story on what happens after build is complete is also a black box. We got an email 5/15 saying build complete and car to arrive at dealer week of 6/12. Since then the online tracker continues to show waiting for shipment and neither the dealer or Lincoln consierge have been able to give us any information. So moral of the story is even after build is complete the drama continues...

41 minutes ago, Sesha said:

I am typing this with some trepediation given the emotions in this forum... So our truck which was sitting on priority code 10 (highest priority code that a dealer can assign... Basically all it does is orders within a dealer) moved on its own to 2 for about a week. Our dealer explained that right before a car is scheduled to go on line, Ford moves the vehicle to 2 and that triggers actually getting all the parts into the factory. Normally they won't move the vehicle to 2 without having gotten a previous assessment from planning saying 'no holds and released'. Also normally the vehicle wont sit on code 2 for more than a few days before build starts. I am guessing here by the fact that the vehicle is stuck at 2 suggests that between the time the ran the no hold report and them actually deciding to move your vehicle into the line they must have hit some shortage. All in all being priority code 2 is still best thing in terms of driving supply chain but clearly in this case appears not be the panacea either 

Not true.  Zone reps can move vehicles to priority 2 (or 1 but that’s reserved for special cases) to help them get scheduled but that is outside of scheduling.  Scheduling takes orders by priority which normally includes retail (1-19) and stock orders (20-99).  Once the vehicle gets scheduled (regardless of priority) it is assigned a VIN and that triggers supply chain.

1 hour ago, JustJulie said:

My car still shows 'in production'' on the tracking website.  It has modules showing in motorcraft and I could register it in the Lincoln app so am I assume that it is done being built...but is now in the mentioned black hole?  

I checked all of these things yesterday.  Today, after I made this post, I was granted access to my car!  (It said I'd have to accept that in the car so I figured it wouldn't happen until I took possession.)  Now today I can see it is located in Louisville and has 7 miles on it and 74 miles until empty.  So maybe it really is done being built and just waiting for transport?  

(On another note...how was I granted access when I didn't allow it from the vehicle? And can anybody who comes across my VIN gain access to track my vehicle?  I'm not overly worried about someone stalking me....just curious.)

45 minutes ago, JustJulie said:

I checked all of these things yesterday.  Today, after I made this post, I was granted access to my car!  (It said I'd have to accept that in the car so I figured it wouldn't happen until I took possession.)  Now today I can see it is located in Louisville and has 7 miles on it and 74 miles until empty.  So maybe it really is done being built and just waiting for transport?  

(On another note...how was I granted access when I didn't allow it from the vehicle? And can anybody who comes across my VIN gain access to track my vehicle?  I'm not overly worried about someone stalking me....just curious.)

If they know the VIN, I assume they could track it like you are.  But how would they know the VIN and why would they care?  They can’t do anything.

2 hours ago, akirby said:

If they know the VIN, I assume they could track it like you are.  But how would they know the VIN and why would they care?  They can’t do anything.

I'm not particularly worried about it for myself.  But can't you get the vin from the front window on most cars? (I know that was the case on some cars.)  If I was a young female and some joker could track my whereabouts at whim that is highly concerning.  Same issue apple users had with airtags. 

51 minutes ago, JustJulie said:

I'm not particularly worried about it for myself.  But can't you get the vin from the front window on most cars? (I know that was the case on some cars.)  If I was a young female and some joker could track my whereabouts at whim that is highly concerning.  Same issue apple users had with airtags. 

I highly doubt that works once you add the VIN to your phone and certainly not after you activate it.  

On 6/15/2022 at 11:34 AM, Sesha said:

By the way similar to others in the forum our story on what happens after build is complete is also a black box. We got an email 5/15 saying build complete and car to arrive at dealer week of 6/12. Since then the online tracker continues to show waiting for shipment and neither the dealer or Lincoln consierge have been able to give us any information. So moral of the story is even after build is complete the drama continues...

Any movement of your Navi?

My build (0rdered when books opened, priority 10) was completed 6/8, with estimated delivery to dealer 6/20-26.  Tracker still just shows "built"

I did see a 2022 Black Label, L "in the wild" yesterday!  It was Chroma Crystal,  Special Edition Package.  

I am still cautiously optimistic that the dealer will honor my order - Lincoln is buying back my car and this is the replacement.  They are not obligated to. I'm a little afraid that the "market adjustment" over MSRP will be more attractive than a buyback deal.

So the saga continues. As I said before build complete 5/15 and initial delivery window reported as week of 6/12. Yesterday I got an email saying new delivery window is week of 7/12. No other information. Online tracker still says build complete waiting for delivery. Dealer says vehicle on hold for potential recall but no other I formation. 

On 6/15/2022 at 9:00 AM, akirby said:

Not true.  Zone reps can move vehicles to priority 2 (or 1 but that’s reserved for special cases) to help them get scheduled but that is outside of scheduling.  Scheduling takes orders by priority which normally includes retail (1-19) and stock orders (20-99).  Once the vehicle gets scheduled (regardless of priority) it is assigned a VIN and that triggers supply chain.

@Sunshine1124

@Sesha

Welp, here's what happened to me FWIW:

Jan 2022: placed the order for a pristine white BL L Navigator

Feb 2022: got an email from lincoln confirming order

May 2022: got an email from lincoln that my order was indefinitely delayed

June 2022: dealer calls me, says the factory cancelled my order as it's no longer possible to order a white BL L Nav as they aren't building Ls anymore, no other options, game over, call Lincoln

June 2022: I call the concierge a few times (learned this trick over the years w/BMW), get versions of "it's probably not cancelled, but it could be, but no orders have been cancelled to our knowledge"

June 2022: I call the concierge a 4th time just to quad-check they can't see my exact order; person says they see the order, is for sure not cancelled, but call the dealer because that's all they can say

June 2022: I call the dealer, but ask to speak with the sales manager; he finds my order, says its not cancelled, but has some "oddities" he doesn't understand, he'll get back to me

June 2022: Two days later dealer calls me, and great news! I can order my Lincoln now.  wait, don't I have an order?  Oh.  Right.  He'll get back to me.

June 2022: Next day, calls me, forget everything else they told me, I still have my order but now I can't get the SEP, rear massaging seats, or APA, but otherwise it's a go, same order, just have to wait 2-3 more months but I'm Priority 1!

This Priority 1 thing is odd, because I also heard that during one of my concierge calls.  That said, I have no VIN, no timeline, and no emails from Lincoln other than the earlier two.

So, at this point, I'll just keep waiting and will probably also order a Yukon Ultimate XL whenever I can get SuperCruise ... which may arrive before the Nav ... too bad because I love the Nav and it'd be my first Ford / Lincoln.

Anyway, +1 me on the list of people wishing Lincoln had more clear actionable information.  No that doesn't mean a specific date, but it does mean: "we have your order, it's this, it's in our queue somewhere in this zone, and the current best estimate is somewhere in this time frame".

If Lincoln can't tell you that minimum set of factory info, why have a concierge line for ordering customers?

Edited by GrussGott

6 hours ago, GrussGott said:

@Sunshine1124

@Sesha

Welp, here's what happened to me FWIW:

Jan 2022: placed the order for a pristine white BL L Navigator

Feb 2022: got an email from lincoln confirming order

May 2022: got an email from lincoln that my order was indefinitely delayed

June 2022: dealer calls me, says the factory cancelled my order as it's no longer possible to order a white BL L Nav as they aren't building Ls anymore, no other options, game over, call Lincoln

June 2022: I call the concierge a few times (learned this trick over the years w/BMW), get versions of "it's probably not cancelled, but it could be, but no orders have been cancelled to our knowledge"

June 2022: I call the concierge a 4th time just to quad-check they can't see my exact order; person says they see the order, is for sure not cancelled, but call the dealer because that's all they can say

June 2022: I call the dealer, but ask to speak with the sales manager; he finds my order, says its not cancelled, but has some "oddities" he doesn't understand, he'll get back to me

June 2022: Two days later dealer calls me, and great news! I can order my Lincoln now.  wait, don't I have an order?  Oh.  Right.  He'll get back to me.

June 2022: Next day, calls me, forget everything else they told me, I still have my order but now I can't get the SEP, rear massaging seats, or APA, but otherwise it's a go, same order, just have to wait 2-3 more months but I'm Priority 1!

This Priority 1 thing is odd, because I also heard that during one of my concierge calls.  That said, I have no VIN, no timeline, and no emails from Lincoln other than the earlier two.

So, at this point, I'll just keep waiting and will probably also order a Yukon Ultimate XL whenever I can get SuperCruise ... which may arrive before the Nav ... too bad because I love the Nav and it'd be my first Ford / Lincoln.

Anyway, +1 me on the list of people wishing Lincoln had more clear actionable information.  No that doesn't mean a specific date, but it does mean: "we have your order, it's this, it's in our queue somewhere in this zone, and the current best estimate is somewhere in this time frame".

If Lincoln can't tell you that minimum set of factory info, why have a concierge line for ordering customers?

The middle row massaging seat was holding us up for months as well, but I finally just received the coveted email from Lincoln a few minutes ago telling us that we're scheduled for a TPW of 8/15! WooHoo!

Edited by BigVette
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, BigVette said:

The middle row massaging seat was holding us up for months as well, but I finally just received the coveted email from Lincoln a few minutes ago telling us that we're scheduled for a TPW of 8/15! WooHoo!

I got my TPW of 8/22 today. Order date was April 16, 2022

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Manufacturer buyback authorized May 2021, ordered this in October, 2021.   It's at the dealer now, waiting for additional paperwork, we should pick up at the end of the week :) 

2022 L Black Label, Pristine White with Yacht Club interior.  Heavy Duty tow,  center console delete, 2nd row massage.

Navi.jpg

Navi1.jpg

Navi3.jpg

Navi4.jpg

Navi5.jpg

• Like 3