New 2022 Navigator Order Timeframe Thread

BigVette

So I went by a dealer a few days ago in Houston to look at the 2022 Navigators in stock.  They had one on the showroom floor, Black Reserve L with Black Interior and another was just getting delivered, still wrapped on the truck.  What's interesting is the conversation I had with the salesman when I said at this point I may as well wait and order a 23.

He was telling me they have a weekly sales meeting where they go over things they should know. He mentioned the Parking Assist being retrofitted, but said when they get it, I'd have to buy the part (remember you're refunded when you order so you technically haven't paid for it) and pay for the installation. He also said that the automatic tailgate was next to be removed meaning you would have to go to the back of the truck to manually open it, no more button in the front. 

Anyone hearing anything similar?

On 7/16/2022 at 4:23 PM, ceejaa said:

He was telling me they have a weekly sales meeting where they go over things they should know. He mentioned the Parking Assist being retrofitted, but said when they get it, I'd have to buy the part (remember you're refunded when you order so you technically haven't paid for it) and pay for the installation. He also said that the automatic tailgate was next to be removed meaning you would have to go to the back of the truck to manually open it, no more button in the front. 

I have not heard that but no automatic tailgate is a deal killer for me. I can live without Park Assist, have never used anyway. But the automatic tailgate is a big deal (to me).

On 7/16/2022 at 3:23 PM, ceejaa said:

So I went by a dealer a few days ago in Houston to look at the 2022 Navigators in stock.  They had one on the showroom floor, Black Reserve L with Black Interior and another was just getting delivered, still wrapped on the truck.  What's interesting is the conversation I had with the salesman when I said at this point I may as well wait and order a 23.

Well, the salesman is wrong right off the bat. The vehicles being delivered without the active park assist 2.0 are instead being fitted with what is referred to as the active park assist 2.0 prep kit. Once the modules are available, they will be offered to the customer of the vehicle to be retrofitted by your Lincoln dealer at no cost to the owner. You're not being refunded anything for this option when you buy; it's standard fare in all Navigators. 

And if there is to be an automatic tailgate delete it's yet to be broadcast to the public. They'll take the parts from an Expedition and save them for a Navigator before they start omitting something like that on a Navigator. In fact, I would wager that Lincoln simply wouldn't sell a Navigator with a heavy tailgate that didn't open by itself. Nobody is going to spend $100k on a SUV that doesn't have an auto-opening tailgate. If he's referring to the stupid thing where you wave your foot in the back bumper and the tailgate opens, that would seem more plausible however again, I doubt it would be something that would not later be able to be retrofitted at no cost to the buyer. 

Edited by BigVette

Agree, another case of bad dealer info. 

I like the hands-free lift gate. It was very intermittent and difficult to get to work on my 2020, but it works nearly flawlessly on my 2022, and I find myself using it a good amount of the time. No big deal if I didn't have it, but I bet your dealer is wrong. 

Shocking, I know. 

I received another update from Lincoln this morning. They said there has been a change in my production date, however in this case, to my advantage they are moving the TPW up by a week. The link that Lincoln gave me never seemed to work, seemed like a browser thing but I don't think it worked in Firefox, either. So I tried the link in Edge this morning and it worked.

I was able to confirm all of the specs of the build as it is to be built, noting the park distance prep kit as well as the removal of the hands-free lift gate feature. Oh well, I'm not a big fan of the premise anyways, so not an issue for me. Also verified that the 2nd row massaging seats were going to be there because that apparently was the reason for the most recent extended delay. The site also verified that had our order placed in January so I expect no issues with the X-plan pricing and being price protected from the most recent price increase. 

Navigator Hands Free Liftgate Delete.JPG

Edited by BigVette
  • Like 1

On 7/19/2022 at 10:18 AM, Black Label said:

Okay, I just asked my salesperson who I got my 2022 from. She has been around. She confirms that for now it is true that the hands-free feature on the lift gate is not being installed. So, apologies for my previous comment about bad dealer info. 

Thank you for the clarity, it's the hands free (kick under the bumper to open) that is not currently being installed.  Glad to hear you got it on yours.  Did she mention weather or not it was being retrofitted?

On 7/18/2022 at 7:34 AM, BigVette said:

Well, the salesman is wrong right off the bat. The vehicles being delivered without the active park assist 2.0 are instead being fitted with what is referred to as the active park assist 2.0 prep kit. Once the modules are available, they will be offered to the customer of the vehicle to be retrofitted by your Lincoln dealer at no cost to the owner. You're not being refunded anything for this option when you buy; it's standard fare in all Navigators. 

And if there is to be an automatic tailgate delete it's yet to be broadcast to the public. They'll take the parts from an Expedition and save them for a Navigator before they start omitting something like that on a Navigator. In fact, I would wager that Lincoln simply wouldn't sell a Navigator with a heavy tailgate that didn't open by itself. Nobody is going to spend $100k on a SUV that doesn't have an auto-opening tailgate. If he's referring to the stupid thing where you wave your foot in the back bumper and the tailgate opens, that would seem more plausible however again, I doubt it would be something that would not later be able to be retrofitted at no cost to the buyer. 

Thank you too, I'm glad all of that is cleared up. Now I'll patiently (eagerly ?) await for the books to open on the '23, hopefully there won't be too much missing, I'm still hoping for soft close doors and walk away/walk up lock/unlock ??

My Navi went to shipped status towards the end of June.  Email from Lincoln said it would arrive July 22-27 to dealer.  Email this week now says it will arrive August 9 to the 12th.  Obviously it was never shipped.  I'm trying to be patient.  

• Sad 1

• 4 weeks later...

Originally ordered in January 2022, we received an email from Lincoln in late June stating that we were finally scheduled for production for the week of August 15. A little less than a month later received another email from Lincoln saying that our Navigator production was moved up one week and on August 5 it began to show "in production" on the tracker.

Unfortunately, 11 days later it's still showing "in production" so we'll see how that goes. Been patient thus far so no need to gets frustrated now. When we got our window sticker it reflected a credit for the active park assist prep package (which will be retrofitted for free down the road) and a $55 credit for the standard liftgate. Should end up being about $8k below MSRP with the X-plan pricing and price protection. 

Ordered in January 2022. 

4x4 Reserve, Infinite Black with Roast Interior

Equipment Group 201A

Heavy Duty Trailer Tow Package

2nd Row Captain w/Massage

eLSD

22" 12-Spoke wheels

Lincoln Play Rear Entertainment

Edited by BigVette
  • Like 1

This morning the Lincoln website is showing that our Navigator was In Production on Tuesday and Built yesterday. I suspect delivery could be upwards of an entire month or more.

Hopefully, we can still get a fair value for my wife's trade. I suspect the dealer wouldn't be sad if we opted out and they could sell the vehicle for MSRP or more to someone else, whereas with the X-Plan pricing and the price protection we're looking at getting the Navigator for just over $8k less than MSRP.

Fortunately, it's easier to get a competitive bid (AutoNation, Carvana, GiveMeTheVin, CarMax, etc) and I do have the INFINITI dealer where we originally bought the vehicle from 4 miles away who I know has been really aggressive on price and selling it back to them. At the very least, I'm hoping we can work a three-way trade for sales tax savings. 

Edited by BigVette

• 2 weeks later...

Just spoke with the dealer on Saturday, and they thought our Navigator was going to be another week or so. It's only 85 miles from the rail depot to the dealer, so when it did come in on the railcar it wasn' going to take long. Apparently, it came in overnight Sunday night and first thing Monday morning (yesterday), the Lincoln tracker was saying final prep. I asked the dealer and they confirmed about an hour later that yes indeed, our Navigator had been delivered! That's just 12 days from when it rolled off the line in Louisville!

Did receive the X-Plan pricing but the invoice was a little higher than I was tracking in my figures. Half of that delta the F/I guys said Lincoln will have to send us a check for the price protection since we ordered in January. Not terribly happy with that because I know how it works at least with GM; my Dad recently went through that with GM on a new Corvette, and those dealers who know what they are doing don't make you pay the higher price up front and wait for a refund. Got the Lincoln dealer to take my wife's QX80 on trade and give us the price for it that the selling INFINITI dealer was going to give, so that gave us some nice sales tax savings. Interest rates were a lot higher than I was wanting to go, but I have a nice small credit union that will let me refi at the same rate for up to 4 points lower than my existing rate, with a floor of 1.99% so I took it. And we do love the Roast interior color - highly recommend it! At one point, that was a constraint holding up the production and we could have changed it, but it was never an option in my mind. (I ordered my Land Rover Discovery in a similar color scheme inside and out.)

The only other thing that sort of irks me is they put stickers that don't peel off on the Lincoln Play rear entertainment screens - that's a big Chris Carter "Come on, mannn".  Charged the 850cca AGM battery (GM doesn't even give you an AGM battery on a new C8 Corvette; cheap bastards!) overnight with my Cetek charger, am going to get Continental Terrain Contact A/T tires at Discount Tire this morning (have some OE Pirellis on CraigsList by this weekend) and get the vehicle tinted all the way around with AutoBahn i3 and a Llumar Air 80 on the windshield. Will ceramic coat the interior myself, and then apply Adam's Advanced Graphene Ceramic myself. Can't wait until it's all done!  

20220829_142729.jpg

20220829_142734.jpg

20220829_142757.jpg

20220829_142853.jpg

20220829_153833.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BigVette said:

Just spoke with the dealer on Saturday, and they thought our Navigator was going to be another week or so. It's only 85 miles from the rail depot to the dealer, so when it did come in on the railcar it wasn' going to take long. Apparently, it came in overnight Sunday night and first thing Monday morning (yesterday), the Lincoln tracker was saying final prep. I asked the dealer and they confirmed about an hour later that yes indeed, our Navigator had been delivered! That's just 12 days from when it rolled off the line in Louisville!

Did receive the X-Plan pricing but the invoice was a little higher than I was tracking in my figures. Half of that delta the F/I guys said Lincoln will have to send us a check for the price protection since we ordered in January. Not terribly happy with that because I know how it works at least with GM; my Dad recently went through that with GM on a new Corvette, and those dealers who know what they are doing don't make you pay the higher price up front and wait for a refund. Got the Lincoln dealer to take my wife's QX80 on trade and give us the price for it that the selling INFINITI dealer was going to give, so that gave us some nice sales tax savings. Interest rates were a lot higher than I was wanting to go, but I have a nice small credit union that will let me refi at the same rate for up to 4 points lower than my existing rate, with a floor of 1.99% so I took it. And we do love the Roast interior color - highly recommend it! At one point, that was a constraint holding up the production and we could have changed it, but it was never an option in my mind. (I ordered my Land Rover Discovery in a similar color scheme inside and out.)

The only other thing that sort of irks me is they put stickers that don't peel off on the Lincoln Play rear entertainment screens - that's a big Chris Carter "Come on, mannn".  Charged the 850cca AGM battery (GM doesn't even give you an AGM battery on a new C8 Corvette; cheap bastards!) overnight with my Cetek charger, am going to get Continental Terrain Contact A/T tires at Discount Tire this morning (have some OE Pirellis on CraigsList by this weekend) and get the vehicle tinted all the way around with AutoBahn i3 and a Llumar Air 80 on the windshield. Will ceramic coat the interior myself, and then apply Adam's Advanced Graphene Ceramic myself. Can't wait until it's all done!  

Hi BigVette and congratulations on your new Navigator! Just regarding the stickers on the rear entertainment system: You probably checked, but just in case...Is it possible that the clear screen protector (for protection during shipping) was not removed from the screen, and those stickers are simply stuck on the screen protector?

Best of luck.

1 hour ago, bbf2530 said:

Hi BigVette and congratulations on your new Navigator! Just regarding the stickers on the rear entertainment system: You probably checked, but just in case...Is it possible that the clear screen protector (for protection during shipping) was not removed from the screen, and those stickers are simply stuck on the screen protector?

Best of luck.

I literally just went back out to the garage to have another look as they would most certainly make the most sense, but unfortunately, no. The front LCD had a nice one-piece screen protector installed, that the dealer left in place, that had text over it reminding the owner to remove. These rear screens, not so much. Absolute brain-dead on Ford/Lincoln's part. I got it off with a lot of elbow grease and a little adhesive remover. Patience. microfiber towel, and my fingernail. Still can't believe Lincoln intends the owner to do that. 

20220830_092155.jpg

20220830_092410.jpg

Edited by BigVette

1 hour ago, BigVette said:

I literally just went back out to the garage to have another look as they would most certainly make the most sense, but unfortunately, no. The front LCD had a nice one-piece screen protector installed, that the dealer left in place, that had text over it reminding the owner to remove. These rear screens, not so much. Absolute brain-dead on Ford/Lincoln's part. I got it off with a lot of elbow grease and a little adhesive remover. Patience. microfiber towel, and my fingernail. Still can't believe Lincoln intends the owner to do that.

Hi BigVette. Yes, seems very odd to me also. There are usually clear screen protectors which are easy to peel off. I was hoping that would be the case, since it would be the easiest remedy for you.

Well, although it was more difficult than it should be, at least you were able to remove it.

If I could make one suggestion: Call Lincoln Concierge and report it to them. Politely inquire if there is anything they can do to compensate you for the trouble. Never hurts to ask.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

Edited by bbf2530
  • Like 1

I ordered a 2022 in early August fully anticipating we would get a 2023 model. Our dealer got an allocation a few weeks later and told us if we removed the rear seat messaging captains chairs and just went with the standard captains chairs could get a 2022 build. We decided go go ahead with this and just got a October 24th build date.

• Like 1

On 9/2/2022 at 9:49 AM, DustinTL said:

I ordered a 2022 in early August fully anticipating we would get a 2023 model. Our dealer got an allocation a few weeks later and told us if we removed the rear seat messaging captains chairs and just went with the standard captains chairs could get a 2022 build. We decided go go ahead with this and just got a October 24th build date.

Can you share any other specs? We order a reserve L with standard captains chairs back in February and still don’t have a build date and would be interesting to know what might be creating such a difference 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/15/2022 at 9:02 PM, ElbowLincoln said:

Ordered 2/6

Initial email sent 2/7

checked with concierge 3/14 - order still processing

priority code 19 for Reserve L

could be awhile ?

Talked to the dealer today and was told “There was a chip hold for several  Navigators and yours was in that batch. From what I can tell they’re probably switching it to a 2023 if you’re still interested.” I guess I’ll see what they say the process is and what the new priority code ends up at…