New 2022 Navigator Order Timeframe Thread

BigVette

I've received one email from Lincoln and that stated that my build date is 5/30.  Should my window sticker be viewable by now if production is next week?  (I tried the cheat web page too).  

(Has anyone else only gotten one build date and Lincoln stuck to that date and never changed it?)

Placed our order on 1/20 with a priority code 10, Reserve 4x4, Black with roast, relatively loaded. Added Lincoln Play on 4/1 when it became available to order, which Lincoln said to the dealer no problem because we hadn't been assigned a VIN or scheduled for production. Lincoln even upped the priority level to 02! And I have read that Lincoln is no longer building anything other than sold orders for MY22 Navigators, too.

My Dad was recently able to place an order for a MY23 Corvette (5/4) and a week later (5/13) GM accepted to build the order, and now his new Corvette is tentatively scheduled to be produced the week of 6/20. I never would have thought that my Dad could place an order for a C8 right now 3.5 months after Lincoln accepted our order for a MY22 Navigator, and he'd get his new MY23 Corvette before we may even have a build date on our Navigator!

waiting-for-my-lincoln-navigator-build-date.jpg

Edited by BigVette
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

I hear ya @BigVette, but 3.5 months is a pittance in comparison to many here. Not making light of your timeline, just sayin many including myself have waited substantially longer. I ordered on 10/21/21 and why I have confirmation my build was completed the first week of May, here I sit still waiting for the vehicle to be delivered to the Dealer which Lincoln last estimated to be by early to mid June ! A full month after it was built and in close proximity for delivery to the build state being Kentucky.

Point being, better hang in there and hope for the best w patience in this build environment w all that the manf's are having to do just to even build vehicles, and all IMO. ?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Pinnacles Edge said:

I hear ya @BigVette, but 3.5 months is a pittance in comparison to many here. Not making light of your timeline, just sayin many including myself have waited substantially longer. I ordered on 10/21/21 and why I have confirmation my build was completed the first week of May, here I sit still waiting for the vehicle to be delivered to the Dealer which Lincoln last estimated to be by early to mid June ! A full month after it was built and in close proximity for delivery to the build state being Kentucky.

Point being, better hang in there and hope for the best w patience in this build environment w all that the manf's are having to do just to even build vehicles, and all IMO. ?

Ordered early Jan, got the first email confirming the order and then a 2nd saying no build date is available. 

Hey Ford:

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Pinnacles Edge said:

I hear you and I do get it. Prior to the covid ruse, I placed an order for my MY20 Land Rover Discovery with the Ford V6 diesel. I think LR accepted it in December and it was built in late March, and I took delivery of it as soon as LR could get it across the Atlantic (from Nitra, Slovakia) to my dealer in Boerne, Texas. But that was the good ol' days when all of these disruptions didn't exist. I don't know what all the problems that may be impeding production are today, but it sure isn't covid. 

Prior to my Navigator order I waited almost two months with a GMC dealer who took my $1k deposit but then GM wouldn't even let the dealer submit the order, for a Yukon Denali with the LM2 diesel. All I was looking for was a simple acceptance by GM to build my vehicle in the order that it was submitted. The Navigator will be a tad more expensive but not by much, especially with X-plan pricing and hopefully I'm price protected from my original order date in January, but nonetheless April at the least. I will miss the premise of high 20's MPG but I really am a fan of the current generation PFDI 3.5L high output EcoBoost V6 and consider it a happy medium between the GM LM2 inline six diesel and their L87 6.2 V8 with cylinder deactivation of which I am not a fan of at all. I am really surprised though that since 4/1 my order has been priority 02 and I still don't even have at the least, a VIN and a tentative production date.  

Edited by BigVette

On 5/25/2022 at 9:58 AM, JustJulie said:

I've received one email from Lincoln and that stated that my build date is 5/30.  Should my window sticker be viewable by now if production is next week?  (I tried the cheat web page too).  

(Has anyone else only gotten one build date and Lincoln stuck to that date and never changed it?)

Wow...just received an email from Lincoln saying Park Assist can not be included in my vehicle b/c of a shortage of semiconductors and I'll get a $365 dollar credit.  I then went and checked and my car is listed as "in production" and I have a window sticker!  

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, JustJulie said:

Wow...just received an email from Lincoln saying Park Assist can not be included in my vehicle b/c of a shortage of semiconductors and I'll get a $365 dollar credit.  I then went and checked and my car is listed as "in production" and I have a window sticker!  

I just received that email as well, but I've never received a VIN or production number. You can only log in somewhere once you have received this information, correct?

Besides, this info is old news by about 2 months. They started this on April 15. They should all still be coming with the Active Park Assist 2.0 Prep Kit, Option 98H. This email was relatively worthless without them clarifying that yes, Lincoln will readily add this module for free 12-18 months down the road when they become available. 

https://fordauthority.com/2022/04/2022-lincoln-navigator-to-also-drop-ford-active-park-assist-2-0/

Active Park Assist delay.JPG

Edited by BigVette

5 hours ago, BigVette said:

I hear you and I do get it. Prior to the covid ruse, I placed an order for my MY20 Land Rover Discovery with the Ford V6 diesel. I think LR accepted it in December and it was built in late March, and I took delivery of it as soon as LR could get it across the Atlantic (from Nitra, Slovakia) to my dealer in Boerne, Texas. But that was the good ol' days when all of these disruptions didn't exist. I don't know what all the problems that may be impeding production are today, but it sure isn't covid. 

Prior to my Navigator order I waited almost two months with a GMC dealer who took my $1k deposit but then GM wouldn't even let the dealer submit the order, for a Yukon Denali with the LM2 diesel. All I was looking for was a simple acceptance by GM to build my vehicle in the order that it was submitted. The Navigator will be a tad more expensive but not by much, especially with X-plan pricing and hopefully I'm price protected from my original order date in January, but nonetheless April at the least. I will miss the premise of high 20's MPG but I really am a fan of the current generation PFDI 3.5L high output EcoBoost V6 and consider it a happy medium between the GM LM2 inline six diesel and their L87 6.2 V8 with cylinder deactivation of which I am not a fan of at all. I am really surprised though that since 4/1 my order has been priority 02 and I still don't even have at the least, a VIN and a tentative production date.  

Funny that, I also considered the same combo w the Denali, but for the $ ( also w a X plan ) the Navi was the way to go, even though now its been forever coming !

Speaking of the Xplan, did you see this tidbit out today ?? !!! Crikey !!  Good point of reference though, is my dealer confirmed prior, they will honor my Xplan price lock in last October, but for any new ( as in now ) purchases w this above news, that looks to all change !! Thats a substantial savings, as w my current window sticker ( w higher than prior contracted cost ) its an $8k savings off MSRP from the word GO ! !

https://fordauthority.com/2022/05/ford-shareholder-vehicle-discount-program-to-end-in-june/

Ford has been restricting its X-Plan (or Friends & Neighbors plan, as it’s otherwise known) in recent years, excluding hot new vehicles like the 2021 Ford Bronco and the 2022 Ford F-150 Lightning from that particular discount. Now, the Ford shareholder vehicle discount program is set to end next month as well, the automaker revealed at its 2022 shareholder meeting and also via a letter it sent out to those same shareholders recently.

To this point, those that held at least 100 shares of Ford stock for six months were eligible to receive a Ford X-Plan PIN. However, as of June 1st, 2022, that will no longer be the case as the Ford shareholder vehicle discount program is now set to end. The program was originally created with the intention of putting shareholders behind the wheel of new Blue Oval vehicles at pre-determined prices, but that will soon no longer be the case.

Shareholders that qualify for this program still have a few days to act, however. Ford included a form with its shareholder letter that can be filled out with basic information such as the person’s name, address, and the vehicle they’re interested in. Shareholders can submit that form, along with proof of Ford stock ownership, and still receive a PIN that effectively gives them X-Plan pricing through December 31st, 2022.

From there, shareholders can visit any Ford or Lincoln dealer, who can confirm the individual’s X-Plan eligibility via their social security number and PIN. After choosing an eligible vehicle, the customer will receive a dealer invoice with the discounted price of that model, after which they can arrange financing or purchase the vehicle outright, then take delivery.

We’ll have more on the status of this and all Ford discount programs soon, so be sure and subscribe to Ford Authority for 24/7 Ford news coverage.

46 minutes ago, Pinnacles Edge said:

Funny that, I also considered the same combo w the Denali, but for the $ ( also w a X plan ) the Navi was the way to go, even though now its been forever coming !

Speaking of the Xplan, did you see this tidbit out today ?? !!! Crikey !!  Good point of reference though, is my dealer confirmed prior, they will honor my Xplan price lock in last October, but for any new ( as in now ) purchases w this above news, that looks to all change !! Thats a substantial savings, as w my current window sticker ( w higher than prior contracted cost ) its an $8k savings off MSRP from the word GO ! !

https://fordauthority.com/2022/05/ford-shareholder-vehicle-discount-program-to-end-in-june/

There were a couple teething issues with the LM2 combined with the reality that GM apparently just didn't want to sell me one that did it in for me on that route. (For some reason they love to sell the diesels a long ways away from where they make them here in Texas which is a shame, because the diesels are ideal for the Texas geography and climate.) I had a MY17 Yukon Denali 6.2 and it was a nice truck, but I am an avid opponent of their cylinder deactivation bullshat. Plus, it's the emissions that are killing the modern diesels and GM is already having to dump the LM2 after MY22 for a new inline diesel (LZ0) with tighter emissions in MY23.

The irony is, especially with the diesel particulate filter on these modern diesels, they're actually cleaner than many modern gasoline vehicles at the tailpipe (my C7 Corvette will get the pipes dirty after a few spirited runs!) This is why in Europe many gas vehicles are apparently outfitted with a GPF, or gasoline particulate filters. Long story short, I'm a big torque fan and I'm looking forward to the high-output 3.5L EcoBoost and I'll still probably get a few more MPG's with it on the highway over the GM 6.2, especially with the couple MPG increase for MY22!

As for X-plan pricing, the article you shared sounds like the only part that is going away is the shareholder program, which is not that big of a deal because it's still relatively easy to become eligible for X-Plan. Hopefully, Ford won't eliminate the entire X-plan program anytime soon, it's perhaps one the best things going for the consumer in the automotive industry today! 

Edited by BigVette

3 hours ago, BigVette said:

I just received that email as well, but I've never received a VIN or production number. You can only log in somewhere once you have received this information, correct?

Besides, this info is old news by about 2 months. They started this on April 15. They should all still be coming with the Active Park Assist 2.0 Prep Kit, Option 98H. This email was relatively worthless without them clarifying that yes, Lincoln will readily add this module for free 12-18 months down the road when they become available. 

https://fordauthority.com/2022/04/2022-lincoln-navigator-to-also-drop-ford-active-park-assist-2-0/

Active Park Assist delay.JPG

My salesperson informed me of my VIN months before I had the vehicle. They have it. You should check with them. It should also be in the Lincoln emails. 

My 2022 NAVIGATOR RESERVE SPECIAL ORDER HAS FINALLY ARRIVED AT MY DEALER . I WILL BE PIKING IT UP TOMORROW AFTER A LONG 7 MONTHS OF WAITING BUT IT WAS WORTH IT .  MINE WAS A PRIORITY 19 AND WAS ORDERED ON NOVEMBER 10, 2021. 

48F088E8-A5A6-473E-90F7-4E763437502F.jpeg

367CB687-B2DE-4636-84DC-841ABD93CF8A.jpeg

7679A805-CEEB-480B-BD1D-06BCA85911ED.jpeg

Edited by Navigator2022
Adding more photos
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, JustJulie said:

I also got that email, and then my dealer called me and told me that, after 5 months, Ford rejected my order.

6 hours ago, GrussGott said:

I also got that email, and then my dealer called me and told me that, after 5 months, Ford rejected my order.

They are obviously not stopping production so what did they tell you was the reason? MY23 orders begin in mid June I believe. 

19 hours ago, Black Label said:

My salesperson informed me of my VIN months before I had the vehicle. They have it. You should check with them. It should also be in the Lincoln emails. 

I've received the emails from Lincoln saying they have accepted my order, and even the one a few months back about the time when I should have received an email saying that I had a tentative prod date and a VIN, but instead they said due to shortages my order would be delayed.

A little after that I read where the rear entertainment system could now be ordered so I asked my dealer if I could add that and because I had not received a VIN/prod date, I could. About a month after that I received another email from Lincoln saying that they had accepted my order. I inquired with my sales guy and he said he "might have accidently ordered a second one just like mine," but not to worry because the first one was still mine and I didn't have to worry about the second one. This of course was shortly after Lincoln announced that they would only be fulfilling remaining MY22 Navigator orders that were sold. Haha. 

https://fordauthority.com/2022/04/2022-lincoln-navigator-production-now-limited-to-customer-orders/

Edited by BigVette

3 hours ago, Sesha said:

Thanks for all the useful information... For those who were able to get X plan pricing how much do you end up savings on MSRP? 

In these times, thats a little bit of a variable question IMHO. Why ? Back in the Fall of 21, the listed MSRP for the various models increased several thousand $ to account for the new model year, which is natural and not uncommon. Now, well into 2022, the MSRP's listed on current window stickers have AGAIN gone up from even the earlier original adjusted higher MSRP of last Fall. Why ? Some of that has been due to an increased Manf Delivery Fee, and also an increased BASE PRICE for the vehicles going up again a few thousand $. Not nice, but not surprising in this manf environment with all the supply challenges and price increases they are seeing across the board.

SO, to directly answer your question with those above caveats, it seems to be roughly $4-$8k below MSRP depending on WHICH MSRP you are referencing, and WHEN you actually ordered the vehicle, AND as importantly, is the Dealer honoring / accepting the X plan pricing in this limited inventory environment. Dealers CANNOT play with the X Plan pricing as it is a fixed %, so the only way around that is the Delaer can deny accepting an order with a "known" X Plan buyer, if said buyer discloses that on the front end.

Hope that all makes sense, and is all In My Opinion, as this year more than others, there have been many more variables for certain !!!!

On 5/27/2022 at 4:14 AM, BigVette said:

They are obviously not stopping production so what did they tell you was the reason? MY23 orders begin in mid June I believe. 

My dealer is telling me Ford is no longer building any Pristine White BL L, and offered to get me a black non-L but it's not what I need, so I'll call the concierge on Monday.

4 hours ago, Pinnacles Edge said:

In these times, thats a little bit of a variable question IMHO. Why ? Back in the Fall of 21, the listed MSRP for the various models increased several thousand $ to account for the new model year, which is natural and not uncommon. Now, well into 2022, the MSRP's listed on current window stickers have AGAIN gone up from even the earlier original adjusted higher MSRP of last Fall. Why ? Some of that has been due to an increased Manf Delivery Fee, and also an increased BASE PRICE for the vehicles going up again a few thousand $. Not nice, but not surprising in this manf environment with all the supply challenges and price increases they are seeing across the board.

SO, to directly answer your question with those above caveats, it seems to be roughly $4-$8k below MSRP depending on WHICH MSRP you are referencing, and WHEN you actually ordered the vehicle, AND as importantly, is the Dealer honoring / accepting the X plan pricing in this limited inventory environment. Dealers CANNOT play with the X Plan pricing as it is a fixed %, so the only way around that is the Delaer can deny accepting an order with a "known" X Plan buyer, if said buyer discloses that on the front end.

Hope that all makes sense, and is all In My Opinion, as this year more than others, there have been many more variables for certain !!!!

Many thanks. Certainly my fault... Did not know you can qualify for X plan by being a share holder (which I am) . At this point my vehicle is built and expecting to pick you in a few weeks. Plus the June 1st deadline.. 

All in all a missed opportunity it looks like for me. 

13 hours ago, Sesha said:

Many thanks. Certainly my fault... Did not know you can qualify for X plan by being a share holder (which I am) . At this point my vehicle is built and expecting to pick you in a few weeks. Plus the June 1st deadline.. 

All in all a missed opportunity it looks like for me. 

Hi Shesha. It is not yet a lost opportunity. Ask the Sales Manager at your Dealership if they will accept an X-Plan PIN for your sale now. While it is up to individual Dealer discretion, they can if they wish to.  They can simply rewrite the purchase paperwork, even at this point. All the way up until the point where you sign the papers and drive out with the vehicle.

I would recommend you visit the Dealership and speak face to face, as opposed to phone calls, texts, emails. It is somewhat harder to say no to a face in front of you, than a phone call, text etc.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

Edited by bbf2530
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, bbf2530 said:

Hi Shesha. It is not yet a lost opportunity. Ask the Sales Manager at your Dealership if they will accept an X-Plan PIN for your sale now. While it is up to individual Dealer discretion, they can if they wish to.  They can simply rewrite the purchase paperwork, even at this point. All the way up until the point where you sign the papers and drive out with the vehicle.

I would recommend you visit the Dealership and speak face to face, as opposed to phone calls, texts, emails. It is somewhat harder to say no to a face in front of you, than a phone call, text etc.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

Spot on @bbf2530, she sure can if docs are not signed yet, if dealer cooperates, she should be able to get X plan w a pin, especially if she pushes that her order was made long before June 22 IMHO.

Can't force a dealer to accept X-plan pricing but you can certainly take your business to a dealer who will. 

Becoming eligible for Xplan pricing is as easy as joining the Mustang Club of America. Digital membership for $35 for one year; can't use the Xplan PIN until you have been a member for at least 90 days. 

https://www.oxmoorflm.com/ford-a-x-z-plans/x-plan-partner-companies/#s

https://mustang.org/member-services/x-plan/

image.thumb.png.39c8a663aa7635d8746956a22dbef006.png

https://www.fordpartner.com/partnerweb/jsp/howitworks/fordpartner_rules.htm

Here is my MSRP and how I understand the Xplan pricing to work, plus TT&L. About $950 over invoice, or about $5,271 below MSRP on my MY22 Navigator Reserve.

image.png.ef389c256efd0ff8fc26550162a3dd9a.png

Edited by BigVette
  • Like 1

Finally After 7 months of waiting my Special Order 2022 Navigator Reserve is in my hands . My dealer gave me a good price below MSRP and received a good deal on my 2020 Aviator which was part of a trade in for the Navigator . I had the Navigator professionally graphene coated for a 7-8 years protection of the gorgeous Pristine White paint . Had the front windows ceramic tinted 15% to match the rest of the windows .Installed Weathertech in channel vent shades for front and rear windows .  Now it is just time to enjoy my beautiful Navigator. 

37C276F5-EEEC-42BC-AF9B-C2F70401C6EA.jpeg

B204FE6D-B872-41A2-B4EA-2B8CEE2CAD17.jpeg

9FEAF222-4DFB-4ADC-8BCC-3D40B99A539E.jpeg

Edited by Navigator2022
  • Like 5