• King Ranch
    • Platinum
    • Limited
    • Tremor Package
  2. 2. How long did you wait from placing order to getting scheduled

• 6 Months
    • 7 Months
    • 8+

Ordered 10/02, F-350 Lariat Tremor, 6.7, Agate Black, Black Appearance Package, Lariat Value Package, Rapid Heat Supplemental Heater, Engine Block Heater, Twin Panel Moonroof, 5th Wheel Prep Package, Roof Clearance Lights, Rain-Sensing Windshield Wipers, Upfitter Switches, Tailgate Step, Heated Rear Seat.  Dealership was able to get my priority bumped to 02 on 01/07.  Still no VIN and no scheduled build date.

Ordered June 7th

F350 Lariat Tremor

Ultimate Package

5th wheel prep

Black AP, which comes with spray-in bed liner. Can't drop spray-in unless drop entire package

Retractable bed cover

Adaptive steering

Received email on 2/01/22 with VIN and scheduled for week of 3/14/22. FINALLY!!!!

Hopefully it doesn't get pushed back. 

• Like 1

Ordered 1 June Rapid Red F-250 Lariat 7.3L gasser Tremor with Blackout package and Lariat Ultimate packages. Moonroof, Winch, Upfitter, Vehicle Safe, UTT Camera Pro Trailer Backup, Rain sensing, Adaptive Cruise, Splash Guards,  Garage door opener, Hood Deflector,  Floor Mat and no carpet.I finally received word from Ford on 13 Jan the my truck has a production date for the week of 28 February. Assuming this is accurate I will have been waiting 9 Months. Based on the threads that ice capades  has posted I’m not likely to see the truck for another 6 to 8 weeks forum it’s build date. Assuming this is the case it will have taken 10 to 11 months from my order date.  I’ve noted a lot of folks upset that the truck they order isn’t scheduled for production yet. Plain and simple it’s a commodity shortage issue or chip shortage that Ford has been trying to their arms around along with every other vehicle manufacture. For the first time in my life I’ve watched dealerships implode on themselves trying to meet customer demand and sales quotas. They can’t sell what they don’t have. Patients and due diligence is the mandate if you want a new truck from Ford or any other vehicle manufacturer. More than likely this is the new norm.  Hope this helps.  

• Like 1

23 hours ago, kent_windsor said:

Ordered 10/02, F-350 Lariat Tremor, 6.7, Agate Black, Black Appearance Package, Lariat Value Package, Rapid Heat Supplemental Heater, Engine Block Heater, Twin Panel Moonroof, 5th Wheel Prep Package, Roof Clearance Lights, Rain-Sensing Windshield Wipers, Upfitter Switches, Tailgate Step, Heated Rear Seat.  Dealership was able to get my priority bumped to 02 on 01/07.  Still no VIN and no scheduled build date.

It appears that I was one of the lucky ones on Tuesday, I didn't check until today but I found out I have a VIN and a scheduled build date. 

• Like 1

I ordered an F450 Lariat with adaptive steering, spray in liner, rolling tonneau cover, 5th wheel prep, moonroof, etc.  I placed the order the end of August and have a build date of 02/14.  My buddy ordered his F450 Platinum the end of April last year from the same dealer and hasn't heard anything.  So weird.  Keeping my fingers crossed that build date is actually legit.

On 1/31/2022 at 10:37 AM, CastIronMan1956 said:

Ordered F250 Lariat with 5th wheel prep, no bed liner 11/22/21. On 12/2/21 order confirmation, VIN and scheduled build week of 1/31/22. 1/27/22 status changed to "In Production". Window sticker became available on 1/28/22. Hopefully it gets built this week. 

Cast Iron, I'd love to learn where you ordered. Great proactive sales team you're working with. I just canceled my  5 month old order after learning my price went up (on an X plan) and sales management told me it can happen again. 

I'd rather order from a dealer who can get things done

I get waiting..ok, but not while they keep raising prices and sliding my purchase price up instead of honoring the price I agreed to.

Edited by jgdorado

16 minutes ago, jgdorado said:

Cast Iron, I'd love to learn where you ordered. Great proactive sales team you're working with. I just canceled my  5 month old order after learning my price went up (on an X plan) and sales management told me it can happen again. 

I get waiting..ok, but not while they keep raising prices and sliding my purchase price up instead of honoring the price I agreed to.

I've lost track of how many times I've posted information on retail order price protection...

Retail factory orders are automatically price protected to the original order date. The retail order price protection policy has been in place for decades.  

Mid-Year Pricing Effective December 27, 2021

EFFECTIVE DATE
Dealer Invoice changes will be effective December 27, 2021.

PRICE PROTECTION
2022 model units invoiced prior to December 27, 2021 will not be re-invoiced.

Automatic price protection will be provided on:
• Firm 2022-model fleet, retail, and demonstrator orders signed and dated on or before December 26, 2021, and received by Ford Motor Company on or before December 30, 2021.

• Like 3

IceCapades. Don't get frustrated if we can't find the time to read 10,000 posts searching for information I/we didn't know exists.

I'd think the FORD dealers would know this. It was the dealer that told me there's no price guarantee and the price is what they charge when they produce it.

I'm frustrated with the situation and I do appreciate your response but they still disagree. I just called.

Can I change dealers and keep my Sept 29, 2021 pricing because according to this dealer that's just not true

Edited by jgdorado

35 minutes ago, jgdorado said:

IceCapades. Don't get frustrated if we can't find the time to read 10,000 posts searching for information I/we didn't know exists.

I'd think the FORD dealers would know this. It was the dealer that told me there's no price guarantee and the price is what they charge when they produce it.

I'm frustrated with the situation and I do appreciate your response but they still disagree. I just called.

Can I change dealers and keep my Sept 29, 2021 pricing because according to this dealer that's just not true

The Dealer does know unless they're complete idiots and never read the pricing announcements that Ford posts on the FMCDealer.com portal. Most likely, they're just jerking you around and figuring you'll pay the price increases when the vehicle arrives after waiting so long. 

Your order belongs to that Dealer exclusively. If you now go to another Dealer, you'd have to start over with a new retail order. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, jgdorado said:

I ordered from Leif Johnson's Truck City Ford in Buda, Texas. This will be the third truck I have purchased from them, but first one I have ordered. Great guys!