Steering Wheel heater - not that warm at all?

LookingToBuyAFord

4 hours ago, LookingToBuyAFord said:

This isn't a QC issue - I'm finding that Ford wasn't aggressive enough with the warm setting for the steering wheel. It barely feels like anything.

Anyone else agree?

Hi LTBAF. While it is a different vehicle, the heated steering wheel in my 2018 MKZ gets plenty warm enough. Warm enough that I sometimes can turn if off for 5-10 minutes or so on very cold day long drives (driving with bare hands).

Perhaps there is a problem with yours. Go to your local Ford Dealer and check how warm the heated steering wheel gets in another Edge.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

7 hours ago, LookingToBuyAFord said:

This isn't a QC issue - I'm finding that Ford wasn't aggressive enough with the warm setting for the steering wheel. It barely feels like anything.

Anyone else agree?

100% disagree. The steering wheel on my 2020 Edge ST is so warm/hot that I have to turn it off when entering my car after auto start has warmed it up…and that’s with gloves on. Bare hands is a no go. I did the ST SUV Experience in North Carolina last April and one of the women driving the Edge assigned to her had to radio the pack leader in the middle of the scenic drive because she did not know the vehicle had a heated steering wheel, much less where to turn it on or off, but it had been turned on when the vehicles were warming up and it was so hot she couldn’t touch any of the main parts of the steering wheel.

I say talk to service about your specific vehicle. There could be an element that’s bad or an electrical issue.

TT