Cryptic Lincoln Post

Did anyone see the social media post by Lincoln a few days ago? Along with the Lincoln logo and a picture of the moon and a sunflower along with this text: “Get ready, we're on the cusp of marking a very important Lincoln milestone.
You're all invited.
To a new century of you.”

it smacks of marketing nonsense, but Lincoln desperately needs to start releasing new product beyond its current lineup. And of late, Ford has been revealing new cars at unusual/non-traditional times. 

Leaving aside the sedan/Zephyr debate, I think Lincoln needs a CUV below the Corsair (Sojourner?), a replacement for the Nautilus (Oakville EV?) and possibly something else that is a unique or interesting body style. 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, spudz64 said:

Evidently the date they bought Lincoln was Feb 4, 1922, so I guess we’ll hear of something this Friday. 
someone asked if it was their electric car and Lincoln wrote this back:

0FC41B0E-601B-4FF2-9855-A8A7D7E5C3C2.jpeg

I would hope Lincoln dealers know a bit more as Nautilus leaves the scene leaving dealers with a 3 vehicle lineup. 

18 minutes ago, ausrutherford said:

I'll have to say it again...if the Mark series is reborn, it will not big a personal luxury coupe. It will be a 4 door SUV coupe. 

Why? The 4 door SUV coupe is the personal luxury coupe of today. 

Same goes for Thunderbird. 

I agree. Aside from the Ford Mustang, the 2-door coupe is pretty much a dying market. The 4-door SUVish coupe is definitely a way to go if the Mark Series returns as well as the Thunderbird. The success of Porsche's Cayenne Coupe is a good example of SUVish coupes while the regular Cayenne is the SUV style.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, ausrutherford said:

I'll have to say it again...if the Mark series is reborn, it will not big a personal luxury coupe. It will be a 4 door SUV coupe. 

Yep, that's why I say MK IX for Navigator coupe. 

And Continental for Aviator coupe. 

I guess Ford is capacity constrained at Chicago? I would have added Explorer and Aviator coupe a long time ago. They would print money for Ford. 

3 hours ago, ausrutherford said:

I think you have a point, at least with current consumer preferences. But everything that is old becomes new again. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a slight resurgence if sedans and hatchbacks 5-7 years from now, with Ford and Lincoln bringing back sedans. Time will tell.

4 hours ago, ausrutherford said:

Disgusting. I hope I'm dead before that heinous act occurs.

Edited by The Handler
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DeluxeStang said:

I think you have a point, at least with current consumer preferences. But everything that is old becomes new again. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a slight resurgence if sedans and hatchbacks 5-7 years from now, with Ford and Lincoln bringing back sedans. Time will tell.

Not everything. Convertibles were all the rage 'til the '60s; just about every model throughout most full-line automakers' lineups had a convertible variant, but for the last 40-50 years, 'verts have been very much the exception. Likewise, station wagons were a range-spanning staple for decades, but they've been all but dead for the last 30 years; if you put it on stilts and call it a crossover, it's ok, but calling it a station wagon is the kiss of death.

13 hours ago, bzcat said:

Yep, that's why I say MK IX for Navigator coupe. 

And Continental for Aviator coupe. 

I guess Ford is capacity constrained at Chicago? I would have added Explorer and Aviator coupe a long time ago. They would print money for Ford. 

If there is such a car, Lincoln might designate it the "Mk XI," as there was an Mk IX concept,  and both Mk-X concept and production models.

But I like @silvrsvt's "Cornea"the best!

images.jpeg

lincoln-mark-x-concept-03-1.jpg

17 minutes ago, Chrisgb said:

If there is such a car, Lincoln might designate it the "Mk XI," as there was an Mk IX concept,  and both Mk-X concept and production models.

But I like @silvrsvt's "Cornea"the best!

images.jpeg

lincoln-mark-x-concept-03-1.jpg

Hopefully Lincoln will use model names only going forward and will never go back to the "MK" nonsense that was so confusing. It's one thing if they use "Mark" for a new model, just as long as they don't use MK. My opinion only from a marketing perspective.  

• Like 3