Cryptic Lincoln Post

Equator Sport is compact and smaller than Nautilus and slot in below Escape in China in price and it is Jiangling Ford product not Chang'an Ford.

It also uses Mitsubishi 4G engine to keep prices low... not something you'd see in the Lincoln or Chang'an Ford for that matter. 

L x W x H // WB

Jiangling Ford

Territory: 4580 x 1936 x 1674mm // 2716mm

Equator Sport: 4630 x 1935 x 1706mm // 2726mm

Chang'an Ford

Kuga (China): 4524 x 1838 x 1685 mm // 2690mm

Escape (China): 4585 x 1882 x 1688mm // 2710mm

Corsair (China): 4615 x 1887 x 1630mm // 2710mm

Nautilus (China):  4849 x 1934 x 1693mm // 2850mm

Edited by bzcat

On 2/3/2022 at 6:16 PM, ExplorerDude said:

Nautilus is NOT leaving the scene. It’s sister the Edge is, but the Nautilus is being redesigned and the next gen will be built in China and imported here.

Ford loves China! I hope the Chinese built Nautilus fuckin stays there!

• Like 2

On 2/4/2022 at 2:07 PM, atomcat68 said:

If Ford does choose to bring back an EV sedan Continental, this would be a good starting point to update...

lincoln-continental_100482605_l.jpg

You're onto something, maybe push the a-pillar back even more, stretch the wheelbase a bit, revise the surfaces, and add Lincolns new grille and lights, but something similar to this would be amazing. The issue with the previous Continental is it didn't go far enough in terms of opulence or design. I want a new Continental than commands the same kinda of restrained respect of the 60s Continental. Something that's effortless, but that just owns the street everytime you see it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oacjay98 said:

Ford loves China! I hope the Chinese built Nautilus fuckin stays there!

Bro, you're taking it personally, at the end of the day, they're a global company trying to make the best decisions to help them on a worldwide scale. If you're concerned for the job security if the people making the current edge and nautilus, it seems like Ford is planning to make 5 different ev products there. So probably need to bring on even more workers for that plant. I'm kinda surprised we aren't getting a next gen edge, but we'll see what replaces it.

15 minutes ago, DeluxeStang said:

Bro, you're taking it personally, at the end of the day, they're a global company trying to make the best decisions to help them on a worldwide scale. If you're concerned for the job security if the people making the current edge and nautilus, it seems like Ford is planning to make 5 different ev products there. So probably need to bring on even more workers for that plant. I'm kinda surprised we aren't getting a next gen edge, but we'll see what replaces it.

Good assessment bro I’m just sour that’s all. China this China that, I understand Ford is a global corporation and China is a huge market. I just feel like no plant in North America should be underutilized for vehicles to be imported from China. Ford changes plans all the time so we will see how it plays out after UAW/Unifor contracts and whatever EV tax credit and other protectionists measures play out. Yes it will be interesting to see what the replacements will be. I can’t wait to see what these supposedly Edge Nautilus size Explorer and Aviator EVs look like. It takes less workers to make EVs and it will probably be 1-2 different platforms with a few variations in terms of the so called five vehicles coming here. I’ve heard more about BLUEOVAL CITY than OAC and they announced EVs here first. It’s OBVIOUS why anyways. 

1 hour ago, DeluxeStang said:

You're onto something, maybe push the a-pillar back even more, stretch the wheelbase a bit, revise the surfaces, and add Lincolns new grille and lights, but something similar to this would be amazing. The issue with the previous Continental is it didn't go far enough in terms of opulence or design. I want a new Continental than commands the same kinda of restrained respect of the 60s Continental. Something that's effortless, but that just owns the street everytime you see it. 

lincoln-continental_100482605_l.jpg

It would actually be kind of cool of an EV Continental had both a massive trunk and massive frunk like in the concept.  It would help greatly expand the amount of cargo space available, making sedans somewhat more competitive with CUV's at least from a cargo standpoint.

Edited by mustang84isu

1 hour ago, Oacjay98 said:

Good assessment bro I’m just sour that’s all. China this China that, I understand Ford is a global corporation and China is a huge market. I just feel like no plant in North America should be underutilized for vehicles to be imported from China. Ford changes plans all the time so we will see how it plays out after UAW/Unifor contracts and whatever EV tax credit and other protectionists measures play out. Yes it will be interesting to see what the replacements will be. I can’t wait to see what these supposedly Edge Nautilus size Explorer and Aviator EVs look like. It takes less workers to make EVs and it will probably be 1-2 different platforms with a few variations in terms of the so called five vehicles coming here. I’ve heard more about BLUEOVAL CITY than OAC and they announced EVs here first. It’s OBVIOUS why anyways. 

They would not import from China if they could easily build them in North America.  Remember they’re planning 5-7 years out so there is a lot of things we don’t know about yet.

Now that may be changing over the last year so who knows what we’ll see in a few years.

2 hours ago, DeluxeStang said:

The ('16) Continental concept did have a presence, but the production model unfortunately lost a lot of the "wow" factor in transition to production.

3 hours ago, Oacjay98 said:

Yeah, I can see where you're coming from man, I wish you, and your co-workers the best with things moving forward. I see what you're saying with evs requiring fewer workers to assemble them, that's a  valid point. But unless I'm mistaken, that plant assembles two products currently, the edge and nautilus. So even if they are simpler to built, hopefully as ford alters the plant to produce 5 products, it will help the plant expand slightly, or at least remain stable in terms of the amount of people employed. I'm also annoyed about this trend of everything being moved to China, but I'm hearing now that with supply chains being what they are, more brands are considering bringing back jobs from overseas to avoid the shipping and supply headaches. So hopefully that will give ford more of an incentive to employ more people here. I've also heard that ford is considering making their own computer chips to avoid chip shortages in the future. Nothing concrete there, but it's a smart idea, and would employ even more people in N. America if they decided to do that.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

The ('16) Continental concept did have a presence, but the production model unfortunately lost a lot of the "wow" factor in transition to production.

Agreed, plus the basic fender shape and outline of the headlights always looked a little similar to the 2007-11 Camry to me. Once I saw that, I could never unsee it lol. Imagine something that looked like the zephyr, but with more upscale and exotic looking proportions, would look great imo.

17 hours ago, akirby said:

They would not import from China if they could easily build them in North America.  Remember they’re planning 5-7 years out so there is a lot of things we don’t know about yet.

Now that may be changing over the last year so who knows what we’ll see in a few years.

That’s true there is a lot of planning and decisions to make behind the scenes 

Reuters said yesterday its sources confirmed "at least five new battery-powered Lincoln sport utility vehicles through 2026". The same article had this quote from the Lincoln spokeslady: " it was too early to talk about specific details around future vehicle or production plans." EXCLUSIVE Ford’s Lincoln brand to launch full slate of electric SUVs by 2026 -sources | Reuters

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, ANTAUS said:

Oh interesting... it says Aviator EV is headed to Oakville. Not sure if it is true but that could mean Ford scrapped plans to build MEB in North America as I mentioned in the other thread.

Corsair EV (MEB? - twin to the next gen Escape)

Nautilus EV (GE2 - twin to the next gen Mach E)

Aviator EV (GE2 - twin to the next gen Explorer)

Navigator EV (TE1 - twin to the next gen Expedition)

What's the 5th EV?

Would the North America MEB be a "Chattanooga choo-choo" (built by VW)?

If so, I could see a sort-of-entry level car (Escape?) with the VW platform, coupled to a European version (Kuga?); but not a Lincoln or a Mustang (as a sub-brand), as ventilated in another occasion.

Edited by passis

17 hours ago, bzcat said:

Oh interesting... it says Aviator EV is headed to Oakville. Not sure if it is true but that could mean Ford scrapped plans to build MEB in North America as I mentioned in the other thread.

Corsair EV (MEB? - twin to the next gen Escape)

Nautilus EV (GE2 - twin to the next gen Mach E)

Aviator EV (GE2 - twin to the next gen Explorer)

Navigator EV (TE1 - twin to the next gen Expedition)

What's the 5th EV?

I read what the article said. I'm hoping that they got part wrong (5 CUV/SUVs) and that #5 is actually a flagship Continental sedan. After all, Cadillac will have one, Tesla has one(two actually). Why not Lincoln?

2 hours ago, AGR said:

Borg can be right, but he's more often wrong. He used to post here, and got called out too much here for his taste apparently...

I'm betting that there will be an Escape EV. Ford HAS to have an affordable EV, and the Mach E isn't it.

Good point. The Equinox BEV will start at $30,000 leaving room for an Escape sized BEV to compete price wise. 

Supposedly Ford will reveal a new BEV Lincoln sometime this year. I'm betting maybe NY Show, Detroit Show, or LA Show at end of year. 

4 hours ago, AGR said:

Borg can be right, but he's more often wrong. He used to post here, and got called out too much here for his taste apparently...

I'm betting that there will be an Escape EV. Ford HAS to have an affordable EV, and the Mach E isn't it.

I enjoy/enjoyed his posts, but he'd label everything he'd post as 100% fact, no alternate points or discussion or questioning what he'd report on.

I think a Maverick or Bronco Sport EV would be a more successful affordable Ford EV than Escape.  That's why I think Borg's comment may have credibility. Better for Ford to have something that can make money and stand out from the crowd than another commodity product. 

1 hour ago, ehaase said:

I think a Maverick or Bronco Sport EV would be a more successful affordable Ford EV than Escape.  That's why I think Borg's comment may have credibility. Better for Ford to have something that can make money and stand out from the crowd than another commodity product. 

But the Bronco Sport costs more then the Escape. 

There is quite a bit of difference between the two--the BS is more rugged vs the Escape. Not to mention they'll share pretty much identical underpinnings for cost savings.

There is room for all three to be turned into BEVs