Mustang Mach-E Trim Comparison

AndrewY

I'm considering a Mustang Mach-E for my next car, but am having some difficulty comparing the different trim levels.  Could folks here help explain the differences?

I went to one dealer a few weeks ago, and was able to test drive a GT, but that salesman didn't seem to know much about the car.  I went to a different dealer a few days ago, and they had both a Select and a Premium on the lot.  The Premium was sold, so I couldn't drive it, and the Select they only let me take around the parking lot.  This salesman was more knowledgeable than the first, but still left me with questions.

I know the four trims are Select, Premium, California and GT, and it looks like all but the California are available in either RWD or AWD, while the CA is only RWD.  From memory, I didn't see any difference between the Premium & the GT, but I'm sure that's not correct.  Between the Select and the Premium, I saw the Premium had and the Select lacked:

• heated steering-wheel
  • heated seats
  • motorized front passenger seat
  • improved sound system
  • glass roof

When I asked the salesman about the differences, he said that the California was the top-of-the-line, but the pricing would seem to indicate the GT is the top-of-the-line.  He also said that other than the Select, the three trims were "basically the same", except for the badging and "a few minor safety features", but he couldn't elaborate on what those are.  From the Ford website, I don't see anything about heated seats (maybe I'm just looking at the wrong page), and really only see that the wheels are different sizes (18"/19"/20") and the Select lacks the glass roof.

Mostly I'm interested in understanding the differences between the Premium and the GT, as I want AWD (which eliminates the California) and I like the glass roof (which eliminates the Select).  Please help me out.

Thanks.

• ice-capades changed the title to Mustang Mach-E Trim Comparison
1 hour ago, AndrewY said:

I'm considering a Mustang Mach-E for my next car, but am having some difficulty comparing the different trim levels.  Could folks here help explain the differences?

I went to one dealer a few weeks ago, and was able to test drive a GT, but that salesman didn't seem to know much about the car.  I went to a different dealer a few days ago, and they had both a Select and a Premium on the lot.  The Premium was sold, so I couldn't drive it, and the Select they only let me take around the parking lot.  This salesman was more knowledgeable than the first, but still left me with questions.

I know the four trims are Select, Premium, California and GT, and it looks like all but the California are available in either RWD or AWD, while the CA is only RWD.  From memory, I didn't see any difference between the Premium & the GT, but I'm sure that's not correct.  Between the Select and the Premium, I saw the Premium had and the Select lacked:

• heated steering-wheel
  • heated seats
  • motorized front passenger seat
  • improved sound system
  • glass roof

When I asked the salesman about the differences, he said that the California was the top-of-the-line, but the pricing would seem to indicate the GT is the top-of-the-line.  He also said that other than the Select, the three trims were "basically the same", except for the badging and "a few minor safety features", but he couldn't elaborate on what those are.  From the Ford website, I don't see anything about heated seats (maybe I'm just looking at the wrong page), and really only see that the wheels are different sizes (18"/19"/20") and the Select lacks the glass roof.

Mostly I'm interested in understanding the differences between the Premium and the GT, as I want AWD (which eliminates the California) and I like the glass roof (which eliminates the Select).  Please help me out.

Thanks.

The 2022 Mustang Mach-E Order Guide is available for download in the Dealer Order Guides section (Top Menu) and will answer all your questions.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/3/2022 at 10:16 AM, travman1974 said:

For the 2022 MY AWD is now an available option on the California Rt 1

I'm still a bit confused on the difference between the premium and CR1. I guess it doesn't matter anymore now that they aren't available for order, but I would like to know the difference between that and the premium I ordered.