Spare Charging Cord

I had been thinking about purchasing a spare charging cord to use when I travel and am staying with relatives.  Checking the Lincoln and dealer websites they want $650 for one.

I checked out Webasto's website.  Webasto is the supplier of the charging cords for Ford and Lincoln PHEVs.

I was able to purchase one for $282 including tax and $35 shipping.  I ordered it last Friday and it arrived yesterday.

They have 2 options for the TurboCord:  One is strictly 240V capable.  The other is 120V/240V capable and is similar to the one supplied with my Corsair GT.

Webasto changed their website after I ordered mine and it is a hot mess and difficult to find where to order one.

Here is the current link to the website to order one:

https://store.evsolutions.com/turbocord-ev-charger-c20.aspx

about 6 months ago, the Ford accessories site had that charging cord listed for $59, so I ordered one. After 2-3 weeks, the dealer called me and said he's getting no record of availability, so I admitted that I was just taking advantage of an obvious error, and just cancel the order,,,

HRG

charging cord.JPG

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HotRunrGuy said:

about 6 months ago, the Ford accessories site had that charging cord listed for $59, so I ordered one. After 2-3 weeks, the dealer called me and said he's getting no record of availability, so I admitted that I was just taking advantage of an obvious error, and just cancel the order,,,

HRG

Hi HRG. Still listed on another Ford site: https://www.fordgenuineautoparts.com/oem-parts/ford-gfci-integrated-cord-vlc5z10b706b

Worth another try, this time ordering directly, instead of through your Dealer (if that was what you did last time)? ?

Good luck.

Edited by bbf2530
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

If you have purchased this charging cord as a spare, you should stop using it immediately.  My OEM cord of similar design overheated and failed.  My dealership service manager told me to stop using both cords immediately because they have had several reports of overheating that could cause a fire.  He even put this in writing.

The replacement cord has completely different electrical circuit requirements including a different outlet and a much higher amperage rating.

• 7 months later...

I do NOT recommend this cord.  It is manufactured by Webasto, the same company that provided my OEM charging cord.  The OEM cord failed and nearly caused a fire in my garage.  This replacement cord has the exact same design.  Webasto refuses to take any responsibility.  I have a pending complaint with NHTSA and have provided the additional information they requested.