Mach-E on Chip Hold or Not?

aphillips

I'm not getting any info from Ford and starting to get really frustrated. I'm being told my car is not on chip hold, but has been "in production" for over a month. Does anyone know of any other delays besides chip holds that would stop cars being shipped? VVR from the dealer shows it was built as of 1/4, but the tracker still shows in production. When I call Ford, they basically just tell me what I can already see in the tracker. Many others on the mach e forum are saying their dates are starting to push out several months and then others have had their cars shipped out already. Doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to which ones get shipped. Some in the 1/10 week builds have had theirs shipped out already. UGH!

What does your dealer rep say?  My MME GT PE with Blue Cruise has been "in production" for "a few days" since January 15th, (build group 3565).  Ford customer service did not have too much to say other than it is on a chip hold.  My dealer confirmed that my car was "sent off-site" on January 20th.  He also confirmed that my car is on a "chip hold", but is otherwise complete just waiting for some chips.  Until last Friday I was on track for a March 5-11 delivery to So. Cal., but now it is June 9th.  

FYI:  My order for a 2021 was accepted on August 23rd, but updated to a 2022 on October 1.

• ice-capades changed the title to Mach-E on Chip Hold or Not?
On 2/2/2022 at 8:20 PM, Boss 302 Tiger said:

What does your dealer rep say?  My MME GT PE with Blue Cruise has been "in production" for "a few days" since January 15th, (build group 3565).  Ford customer service did not have too much to say other than it is on a chip hold.  My dealer confirmed that my car was "sent off-site" on January 20th.  He also confirmed that my car is on a "chip hold", but is otherwise complete just waiting for some chips.  Until last Friday I was on track for a March 5-11 delivery to So. Cal., but now it is June 9th.  

FYI:  My order for a 2021 was accepted on August 23rd, but updated to a 2022 on October 1.

My dealer keeps giving me the ETA in their system and tells me the car has been built. He said it doesn't show on chip hold, but can't explain why it hasn't shipped. So frustrating!

• 1 month later...
On 2/4/2022 at 3:04 PM, aphillips said:

My dealer keeps giving me the ETA in their system and tells me the car has been built. He said it doesn't show on chip hold, but can't explain why it hasn't shipped. So frustrating!

I've tried this in the past and it worked for me. If you go to this link and type in your vin, you should see a whole list of modules. If you don't, you are on a chip hold. 

https://www.motorcraftservice.com/asbuilt