2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

39 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

Ford doesn't usually provide information on why scheduled production dates are pushed back. But then again, this year is exceptional with scheduling, production and supplier issues. Deleting the Adaptive Steering isn't likely to move your production date forward but the situation is such, with Super Duty orders in particular, that there's just no way of knowing. 

since his truck is already scheduled and has vin number, wouldnt it be impossible to drop adaptive steering at this point ? 

9 minutes ago, JHForman812 said:

since his truck is already scheduled and has vin number, wouldnt it be impossible to drop adaptive steering at this point ? 

No. Scheduled orders can be changed up until the time the vehicle is locked in for production. Changes to an order always change the scheduled production date. If the vehicle is locked in for production, any attempted changes will be rejected. 

5 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

No. Scheduled orders can be changed up until the time the vehicle is locked in for production. Changes to an order always change the scheduled production date. If the vehicle is locked in for production, any attempted changes will be rejected. 

Thank you for the education. 

56 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

My F350 XLT with the UTT option is scheduled for the week of 9/27. My dealer is unable to make changes to it. He (the sales manager)  said they should be able to change it, so he has emailed Ford to find out why they cannot. 

21 minutes ago, ScotNH said:

My F350 XLT with the UTT option is scheduled for the week of 9/27. My dealer is unable to make changes to it. He (the sales manager)  said they should be able to change it, so he has emailed Ford to find out why they cannot. 

Maybe it's your lucky day???

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, ice-capades said:

If your vehicle is scheduled for production next week it's locked in at this point and will be built with the specifications ordered. The scheduling hold for Adaptive Steering applies to unscheduled orders as of the date the hold was announced by Ford. 

So would this also apply to a truck that has had the schedule date moved once or twice?  I've had my schedule week moved from 8/9 to 9/20 and I have adaptive steering on my order! 

Thanks you!

13 hours ago, SFSTROKER said:

So would this also apply to a truck that has had the schedule date moved once or twice?  I've had my schedule week moved from 8/9 to 9/20 and I have adaptive steering on my order! 

Thanks you!

There's no easy answer regarding what's been going on with 2022 Super Duty scheduling. None of it is normal because of the microchip situation and other factors interrupting plant schedules, etc. and all I can do is reply based on 35 years of experience managing my dealership's new vehicle inventory and ordering all the stock, retail and fleet inventory. I share what information I can that is relevant without trying to add to all the speculation.   

• Like 6
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, ice-capades said:

There's no easy answer regarding what's been going on with 2022 Super Duty scheduling. None of it is normal because of the microchip situation and other factors interrupting plant schedules, etc. and all I can do is reply based on 35 years of experience managing my dealership's new vehicle inventory and ordering all the stock, retail and fleet inventory. I share what information I can that is relevant without trying to add to all the speculation.   

Thanks Ice for you all you do here! 

• Like 2

Thanks to all the help on this forum I got my 2022 Super Duty ordered yesterday.  I appreciate everyone's insight that has made this process easier.  Now I join the rest of you with anxiously waiting for it to arrive!

23 hours ago, mink said:

This is what mine did 7/26 then 8/9 and now it is 9/20. Somebody here said that 9/20 might be a place holder date waiting for parts.

One thing the salesman told me that I found interesting is the number of truck and Broncos he is waiting on. He works with another guy as a partnership, I suppose. Anyway, they are waiting for around 20 trucks F150 and 250 and 50 Broncos. 

32 minutes ago, Ski-Bum said:

One thing the salesman told me that I found interesting is the number of truck and Broncos he is waiting on. He works with another guy as a partnership, I suppose. Anyway, they are waiting for around 20 trucks F150 and 250 and 50 Broncos. 

So, what's the point? Every sales representative at every dealership is waiting for inventory. 

• Like 3

Placed an order for a F250 Lariat Tremor on 4/6 and, of course, got an email from Ford confirming the order same day. Then...nothing. The sales manager called me in on 7/15 and asked me to complete the COVP. What should I expect going forward? Fully loaded, 6.7, Priority Code 10, dropped adaptive steering

5 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Thank you for all your input and knowledge on this forum.  I've learned a tremendous amount from all the great topics/reads here!    I'm just trying to put a potential positive attitude on all these delays...lol

1 hour ago, ice-capades said:

So, what's the point? Every sales representative at every dealership is waiting for inventory. 

Sorry to offend you, thanks for the snarky response. The point being for one salesman to have sold 50 Broncos, was a testament to how popular the Bronco will be. 

• Like 1

Called dealer today said he would expect to see something around middle to lat September. 

called ford yesterday 

both confirmed the following 

Ordered - 7/2/2021

Scheduled to week - 8/23/2021

Vin assigned 

Order confirmed on Ford tracking website (not showing any production week or even if scheduled)

Ford dealer said I could not make any changes because I had a VIN. Does this sound right? Who knows. 

Just counting the days... 

16 hours ago, Ski-Bum said:

Sorry to offend you, thanks for the snarky response. The point being for one salesman to have sold 50 Broncos, was a testament to how popular the Bronco will be. 

Salesmen don’t sell Broncos.  They were ordered online, so that’s how many his dealership is waiting on.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Unless the order is "locked in" the Dealer either doesn't know what they're doing or doesn't want to be bothered. 

I think it may the later, as I asked him and he said he would send me the updated order then called me back stating he couldn’t because it had an VIN already. He didn’t even bother to look up my status when I asked him and only noticed it when he went to make the change…. Can’t cancel now, and I only really was going to addd the Rainsesne.  Since I life in SoCal, not a huge concern or need. Thought the heated steering wheel would be nice when traveling to the snow.  Thanks Ice

On 7/16/2021 at 12:59 PM, ice-capades said:

The WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system defaults to priority code 19 for retail orders requiring Dealers to change it manually. It's a very simple process but assigning a priority code of "10" or anything lower than "19" may depend on the dealership's policy, dealership sales volume and the number of other Super Duty orders placed before yours. 

Thanks Ice. So my F350 retail ordered 4/16 by a very large dealer was given a 19 priority by default. I have a VIN but my build date has been pushed from 8/2 to 7/24 to now 9/18.  I asked my salesman if he could do anything to increase the priority and he said there was nothing that he could do.  Was he just saying that because he did not want to be bothered? Thanks for the help.

25 minutes ago, KCinNC said:

Thanks Ice. So my F350 retail ordered 4/16 by a very large dealer was given a 19 priority by default. I have a VIN but my build date has been pushed from 8/2 to 7/24 to now 9/18.  I asked my salesman if he could do anything to increase the priority and he said there was nothing that he could do.  Was he just saying that because he did not want to be bothered? Thanks for the help.

The priority code only applies to unscheduled orders. Once the vehicle is scheduled the priority code has no bearing on the vehicle order's status. As such, once the vehicle is scheduled, the priority code can't be changed. 

Edited by ice-capades
Additional content
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

The priority code only applies to unscheduled orders. Once the vehicle is scheduled the priority code has no bearing on the vehicle order's status. As such, once the vehicle is scheduled, the priority code can't be changed. 

Thank you Ice. Appreciate it

On 7/16/2021 at 3:16 PM, ice-capades said:

How do you know when a vehicle is locked in for production? Is that the same as a scheduled build date?

5 hours ago, Robin Hood said:

How do you know when a vehicle is locked in for production? Is that the same as a scheduled build date?

Vehicles are "locked in" for production approximately 2 weeks prior to production when the "Scheduled to Day" assignment is made. It's straight forward during normal times but what's happening with Super Duty orders that are rescheduled for production at a later date is anyone's guess. Customers should do their research in advance and make their vehicle specification decisions before placing orders. If changes need to be made, they should be made as early as possible, as alterations to a scheduled order are sent to the plant for approval and the order rescheduled for production with the revisions.  

Anybody got know a way to get better information about an order.  I have a VIN but my dealer says a build week hasn't been assigned, but that the Vehicle Visibility Report says its estimated for Sept./October timeframe.  I think this is BS.  I doubt Ford gives vague estimates like that.  My dealer sucks.