2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

I want to post what I've experienced as far as timelines and communications from my dealer and Ford as it seems that I've been really lucky or maybe there is many more like me but they just haven't posted positive experiences such as mine...

I ordered 2022 F350 6.7, Lariat Ultimate , Black  Appearance, UTT Cameras. 

4-27 : Placed the order at my dealer. Put down a deposit

4-27: Got Order Confirmation from Ford that same night.

6-04: Got call from my dealer saying truck was scheduled for production week of 7-19. No emails from Ford though. 

7-07: My dealer sent me my VIN number and narrowed down build date to 7-22

7-20: Received email from Ford saying truck was in "Production"

7-23: Received email from Ford saying truck was "Built"

7-24: Received email from Ford saying truck was "Shipped" - Email states that estimated delivery date to dealer would be 8-15 through 8-21.

7-27: (Today) I received a text from my dealer rep which is the Fleet Manager saying that my truck was in Missouri and about 7 days from delivery barring any unforeseen circumstances!  That's 2-3 weeks better than what Ford estimated on their "shipped" email. Hoping this is true. I don't know if my dealer has more detailed tracking info than what the Ford Emails are stating. 

Overall considering the circumstances and all the posts I see from others, I think I have been pretty fortunate through this process. I think my dealer has done an awesome job from day 1. 

image.thumb.png.3bf3edf27f0eab4b3d640fe1579ef922.png

Edited by frankpz25
  • Like 8

On 6/22/2021 at 8:34 PM, Paragon said:

Anyone have a 2022 Platinum order that's been scheduled?  Beside being a Platinum 350 diesel the only extras on the order are upfitter switches, heater, moon roof or whatever it's called, wheel liners & flaps.  The order was placed just a few days after the 22 order banks came open or so the dealer says.  Actually I had placed a 21 order right at the time 21 orders were supposed to be closed.  The dealer couldn't verify if it had gone through so I told them to redo it for the 22 as I wanted the larger screen anyway.  

It still hasn't been scheduled.  Ordered in March.  Sure hope the dealer didn't screw up.

Yes and no not scheduled as of yet.

Ordered a MY2022 F250 Platinum CC; SRW, 6.7PSD, Fx4 and additional options on 4/29. Dealer reports still waiting on scheduling issues. Called Marketing and was told it is "in processing".

Congrats to those prospective owners getting scheduled, Vin#'s, build dates and delivery estimates. Progress is a good sign and this forum is filled with great information, thank you!

I ordered Platinum 250- 5th wheel, moon roof, bed liner, up fitter switches, clearance lights, Fx4, rear wheel liners, on 5/26 called ford marketing on 7-15 and got a VIN# since then its sitting in "order processing" no build eta, no ship eta, no dealer eta, I have asked dealer for VVR but no one seems to know where to get it from.

Ford Tracking site shows all this info.

I would just like to know what to plan for in terms of wait.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, jdmonroe9 said:

Wonderful news. So has anyone who ordered the Tremor gotten a production date since those were commodity issues?

Platinum tremor package with AS. just got an email last night it was scheduled for the week of 9/2. We will see if that sticks 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jdmonroe9 said:

Hey everyone, I got my confirmation email on July 15 after hassling with my dealership to finally put the order in since May. I heard IC say they aren't scheduling again until the 12th (depression). I assume that since I got a 250 7.3 Lariat with two-tone paint and tremor that I may not get scheduled on the 12th, but that's understandable I suppose. 

My question is that I have an account on Ford's website, but it doesn't show that I have any orders or reservations. Does anyone else have a Ford account and can see their SD in the orders/reservations part of the site?

Thanks in advance! Good luck everyone!

I have a Ford customer account and I don't see my new order. I ordered at the dealership on 7-3 and received a confirmation email from Ford on 7-13. (After nudging my salesman.) 

Not sure if there is a benefit of trying to get the order to show up there. In 2008 I ordered a F250, I thought, after 10 weeks the dealer, whom I have been a years long customer, told me they had not ordered it. So... I am a bit nervous when communication is minimal. 

10 minutes ago, CCS103 said:

I have a Ford customer account and I don't see my new order. I ordered at the dealership on 7-3 and received a confirmation email from Ford on 7-13. (After nudging my salesman.) 

Not sure if there is a benefit of trying to get the order to show up there. In 2008 I ordered a F250, I thought, after 10 weeks the dealer, whom I have been a years long customer, told me they had not ordered it. So... I am a bit nervous when communication is minimal. 

Definitely hear that. Hopefully when scheduling picks up on 8-12 we will all start hearing good news. Good luck!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, frankpz25 said:

I want to post what I've experienced as far as timelines and communications from my dealer and Ford as it seems that I've been really lucky or maybe there is many more like me but they just haven't posted positive experiences such as mine...

I ordered 2022 F350 6.7, Lariat Ultimate , Black  Appearance, UTT Cameras. 

4-27 : Placed the order at my dealer. Put down a deposit

4-27: Got Order Confirmation from Ford that same night.

6-04: Got call from my dealer saying truck was scheduled for production week of 7-19. No emails from Ford though. 

7-07: My dealer sent me my VIN number and narrowed down build date to 7-22

7-20: Received email from Ford saying truck was in "Production"

7-23: Received email from Ford saying truck was "Built"

7-24: Received email from Ford saying truck was "Shipped" - Email states that estimated delivery date to dealer would be 8-15 through 8-21.

7-27: (Today) I received a text from my dealer rep which is the Fleet Manager saying that my truck was in Missouri and about 7 days from delivery barring any unforeseen circumstances!  That's 2-3 weeks better than what Ford estimated on their "shipped" email. Hoping this is true. I don't know if my dealer has more detailed tracking info than what the Ford Emails are stating. 

Overall considering the circumstances and all the posts I see from others, I think I have been pretty fortunate through this process. I think my dealer has done an awesome job from day 1. 

image.thumb.png.3bf3edf27f0eab4b3d640fe1579ef922.png

My truck is on the same train as I have been following since it left.  I am scheduled for the 18th of Aug.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ranger62 said:

Is there anything I can do with tracking number and order number?  No idea how I can follow or get any info.  

Obviously my order was just placed today, so not expecting anything anytime soon.

I’m not an expert, but I believe without the vin the only thing you can do is call ford marketing for updates.  Once you get the vin you can use that and the order number and track it online.  Ford marketing can confirm order accepted and let you know any further updates such as scheduling, vin, etc.  800-334-4375.  If your dealership put your email in your order in the appropriate place, ford will email you updates as well.  There’s apparently a second screen on the order system to put this.  Mine didn’t do this, and claims they don’t know how lol, but many people here get email updates so it’s most certainly a step that can be done.  

19 hours ago, Texas250 said:

I ordered Platinum 250- 5th wheel, moon roof, bed liner, up fitter switches, clearance lights, Fx4, rear wheel liners, on 5/26 called ford marketing on 7-15 and got a VIN# since then its sitting in "order processing" no build eta, no ship eta, no dealer eta, I have asked dealer for VVR but no one seems to know where to get it from.

Ford Tracking site shows all this info.

I would just like to know what to plan for in terms of wait.

Ordered my 250, Platinum on 4/20. Email from Ford and text from dealer confirm 8/9 build. We will see, however looks like things are moving forward, however slowly. 

• Like 2

On 7/12/2021 at 12:43 PM, IrelandJ said:

I just texted my dealer and was told build week of August 9th. 

2022 250 4x4 CCSB Lariat

Carbonized gray

ultimate tow camera

Appearance package

20” rims

led lights

heated wheel

spay liner

Bucket/console seats

Ordered around March 25th. Small dealer in Ontario Canada. 

Was at dealer yesterday and he advised Aug 19th build date. Looks like I slipped a week. Was previously told build week Aug 9. The 19th is week of 16th. 

Dealer said MSRP went up $1200 CDN since I ordered but that Ford will “price protect” the order. Dealer advised sales price remained the same as committed at order so that’s what matters to me. 

4 hours ago, TruckGirl said:

I’m not an expert, but I believe without the vin the only thing you can do is call ford marketing for updates.  Once you get the vin you can use that and the order number and track it online.  Ford marketing can confirm order accepted and let you know any further updates such as scheduling, vin, etc.  800-334-4375.  If your dealership put your email in your order in the appropriate place, ford will email you updates as well.  There’s apparently a second screen on the order system to put this.  Mine didn’t do this, and claims they don’t know how lol, but many people here get email updates so it’s most certainly a step that can be done.  

How long would you give it before contacting Ford Marketing?  I was thinking I'd give it at least a couple of weeks from yesterday's order with the dealership to call and bug them for any kind of info.

On 7/26/2021 at 8:57 PM, IUEC135ELEVATOR said:

Are the other manufactures (chevy, gmc, dodge) having this same issue?

If ford does not get my truck rolling soon I may have to find another option.....

I can't.....[no wait]....scratch that....

I don't want to wait till Nov Dec for the new truck....I have plans that are on a time clock.

Wondering if I walked into GMC tomorrow and order....what would my truck eta be?

GM/Chevy is producing junk trucks. My father in law and brother in law brought a 2021 3500 Duramax high country and 2020 Duramax Denali 2500 respectively in Florida. Customer service is pathetic. Both trucks have been to the dealership several times for brakes, dash electronics and engine sensors. Brother in law with only 7k miles on the denali is trying to get GM to buy the truck back, GM doesn't care, they are not buying his $80k truck back.
There are less workers, people are stressed, parts shortage, pandemic...this is affecting customer service, and level of quality in most industries!

6 minutes ago, Baddestt said:

GM/Chevy is producing junk trucks. My father in law and brother in law brought a 2021 3500 Duramax high country and 2020 Duramax Denali 2500 respectively in Florida. Customer service is pathetic. Both trucks have been to the dealership several times for brakes, dash electronics and engine sensors. Brother in law with only 7k miles on the denali is trying to get GM to buy the truck back, GM doesn't care, they are not buying his $80k truck back.
There are less workers, people are stressed, parts shortage, pandemic...this is affecting customer service, and level of quality in most industries!

6 minutes ago, Baddestt said:

EVERY brand of everything made has some that are just plain defective.  My 19 F350 6.7 was in shop 6 weeks within the first 10k miles, first time was less than 60 days after I bought it.  Now at 32k miles it’s been completely inoperable since March and deemed a lemon.  Waiting on my replacement 22 F350.   Husband has an 18 Cummins 100k, we had to delete it around 80k, other than that zero issues.  Unfortunately quality of everything has gone down since last spring.  Shopping bags at the grocery tear if you  put 4 cans in them now lol.  Hell, as a nurse, I’m working shorter staffed than ever in my 13 year nursing career, coworkers are in crappy moods, patients abusing nurses/healthcare staff is at all time highs, and it’s just bad all around in the world.  However, I do hope my replacement truck is better than the first one; my first experience with Ford, one of the largest purchases I have made was kind of a bust.  

6 minutes ago, TruckGirl said:

EVERY brand of everything made has some that are just plain defective.  My 19 F350 6.7 was in shop 6 weeks within the first 10k miles, first time was less than 60 days after I bought it.  Now at 32k miles it’s been completely inoperable since March and deemed a lemon.  Waiting on my replacement 22 F350.   Husband has an 18 Cummins 100k, we had to delete it around 80k, other than that zero issues.  Unfortunately quality of everything has gone down since last spring.  Shopping bags at the grocery tear if you  put 4 cans in them now lol.  Hell, as a nurse, I’m working shorter staffed than ever in my 13 year nursing career, coworkers are in crappy moods, patients abusing nurses/healthcare staff is at all time highs, and it’s just bad all around in the world.  However, I do hope my replacement truck is better than the first one; my first experience with Ford, one of the largest purchases I have made was kind of a bust.  

I'll see your current environment in the nursing field and raise you a career in law enforcement.  Think your co-workers are in crappy moods?  ;)

That said, I'd absolutely take both an F350 or Ram 3500 over anything Chevy kicks out right now.  And my last 3 1/2 tons have been Chevys.  Love their half tons, wouldn't touch their 1 tons for hauling hot shot.  A horse trailer or 5th wheel every now and then?  Sure.  100k/miles a year hauling hot shot?  Not a chance.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Ranger62 said:

How long would you give it before contacting Ford Marketing?  I was thinking I'd give it at least a couple of weeks from yesterday's order with the dealership to call and bug them for any kind of info.

I called within a week.  There’s an upcoming week nothing is being scheduled for if I remember correctly.   If you read back through, or look under the pinned topic of scheduling you should find it there. I want to say it was 8/12.  

7 minutes ago, TruckGirl said:

I am too hoping the 22 F350 6.7 Tremor is a solid all around truck, which I think it will be. I've been Ford guy all my life. But I seriously considered the a 2022 Ram 3500 srw Cummins HO this time around. 

7 minutes ago, Baddestt said:

I am too hoping the 22 F350 6.7 Tremor is a solid all around truck, which I think it will be. I've been Ford guy all my life. But I seriously considered the a 2022 Ram 3500 srw Cummins HO this time around. 

I was looking at a Ram myself at first.  Then I priced out an F350 DRW Lariat and a Ram 3500 Laramie, all with exactly the same options.... and the F350 was about $6,000 cheaper.

The 12" screen on the '22 Lariats is stock..... .in the '22 Laramie, that alone is a nearly $2,000 add on.  All things being equal, I was probably going to order a Ram.  But I'm not paying $6,000 more for essentially the same truck.