2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

I purchased from Ravenel also.  April 16th.  Kevin and Dave have been great to deal with.  Surprised when I saw shipping by rail but makes sense being a port city.  Hopefully our trucks will only take 2 weeks to ship.  My build week is Aug. 16th so I'll be waiting a while longer than you.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cackalacky said:

Well she is finally built now just have to wait for the delivery via Rail.   will suck bc plant is only 9 hours away  hope the ETA is less then it says

image.thumb.png.8d96d1d5eb11a50e5f9111ab5ce9f208.png

Dude mine was built 7/21 and my estimated delivery is 8/10-8/16 and I’m 3 hours away from the plant. Consider your delivery time good haha

• Like 1

17 hours ago, AndyG. said:

it was 5 weeks for me but I’ve been monitoring this forum for a few months and honestly can’t find any rhyme or reason to which orders get schedule and when 

https://www.focusrs.org/threads/the-ford-ordering-process-explained-from-start-to-finish.908/

Someone posted this either on this forum or another. Not sure how valid it is, but provides some insight to how scheduling is done by Ford. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SD4Life said:

I purchased from Ravenel also.  April 16th.  Kevin and Dave have been great to deal with.  Surprised when I saw shipping by rail but makes sense being a port city.  Hopefully our trucks will only take 2 weeks to ship.  My build week is Aug. 16th so I'll be waiting a while longer than you.

I ordered 3/16 with Evan the wait has been killing me  Lariat Ultimate - Tremor 

DO you have have you window Sticker yet?

1 hour ago, Cackalacky said:

I ordered 3/16 with Evan the wait has been killing me  Lariat Ultimate - Tremor 

DO you have have you window Sticker yet?

Not Yet.  How long before yours went into production was your sticker available?

9 minutes ago, SD4Life said:

Not Yet.  How long before yours went into production was your sticker available?

Well I got my "In Production" Email on 7/20.  Sticker showered up 7/22  Stayed in In production till till 7/29 and then today i get my Built and shipping estimate of 8/15-8/21   Im hoping it come by 8/14 as im moving my daughter into USC on the 15th

fingers crossed 

48 minutes ago, Cackalacky said:

Well I got my "In Production" Email on 7/20.  Sticker showered up 7/22  Stayed in In production till till 7/29 and then today i get my Built and shipping estimate of 8/15-8/21   Im hoping it come by 8/14 as im moving my daughter into USC on the 15th

fingers crossed 

Hope it makes it in time to move your daughter into USC.  Been there and done that.  Took a 250 and a trailer.

• Like 1

On 7/30/2021 at 3:02 PM, Nick1236 said:

@ice-capades do you have any info on carpet delete possibly holding up production? I had a sent to plant 7/22 and and build week of 7/26 and there hasn't been an update yet. The only "oddball" option I have is carpet delete.

thank you for any input you may have.

For what it's worth, I did the carpet delete and my truck is in production.

Saw my dealer Saturday;  My truck was produced July 23,  shipped like 4 days later.  He tells me it was in Ohio July 29 then  Mass July 30.  Long round about way to get to CT but its almost here.

F350 King Ranch  4x4 with 7.3 and 4.30 gears. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Digz said:

My F450 chassis cab has been in production for about a week in Ohio.  Every day I look to see if it's built ?

Seems like they go into production about 5 or 6 days out from the actual build date. Then some will go off site for about 6 more days for certain accessories. 

From today's (8/2) production scheduling notes:

• All OTD Vehicle Line Scheduling - Due to constraints and production changes, it may take several weeks to schedule the OTD Fitness orders.

Which when translated into English means, "We have huge piles of unscheduled orders for vehicles and we're not sure we even have the parts to build them all, much less your particular truck, so it's going to take us a while to sort all this mess out. Don't expect your truck to get scheduled 8/12 even thought we haven't scheduled a Super Duty since 7/16."

All that predicated on the idea I understand what OTD Fitness means. Did I get it right?

9 hours ago, Radio said:

From today's (8/2) production scheduling notes:

• All OTD Vehicle Line Scheduling - Due to constraints and production changes, it may take several weeks to schedule the OTD Fitness orders.

Which when translated into English means, "We have huge piles of unscheduled orders for vehicles and we're not sure we even have the parts to build them all, much less your particular truck, so it's going to take us a while to sort all this mess out. Don't expect your truck to get scheduled 8/12 even thought we haven't scheduled a Super Duty since 7/16."

All that predicated on the idea I understand what OTD Fitness means. Did I get it right?

NO. OTD orders are Dealer stock orders for the vehicles that are part of the OTD ordering and scheduling process. OTD Vehicle Line Scheduling has nothing to do with Retail orders!

• Like 2

So I guess Ford will concentrate on retail orders and delay stock for awhile more... Sometimes it's good to be wrong! Thanks!

What the forum needs is a glossary of terms. It would be a big help to newbies and we who know nothing of the car business.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Radio said:

What the forum needs is a glossary of terms. It would be a big help to newbies and we who know nothing of the car business.

I agree that would be a benefit to those of us "less-lazy" ones, but for many users of this forum it is much easier to ask than to look it up.  This is evidenced every day by people asking the same questions that have been addressed many times already.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, desperado said:

I agree that would be a benefit to those of us "less-lazy" ones, but for many users of this forum it is much easier to ask than to look it up.  This is evidenced every day by people asking the same questions that have been addressed many times already.

It drives me bat shit crazy to see people ask questions on Facebook and forums  that have either been asked and answered every day for the last month or could be found with Google or by reading the manual in less time than it takes to ask the question.   Where is the nearest chick-fil-a?  What does this button do?

People are so lazy they just want to be spoon fed information.

• Like 3

Well, not good update today.  My truck was completed on 7/27.  Showed awaiting shipping then 6 days under shipped tab. ETA to dealer went from 8/10 to 8/9.  Now today it changed to mid September.  If my 19 F350 hadn’t been sitting at dealership DOA since March, with me still financially responsible for it, I’d have a bit more patience.  And the dealership is less than forthcoming with communication and trying to get updates from their reps.  I literally want to angry cry.  Bad enough the first ford is a lemon, but going past 5 months to get a replacement is beyond frustrating when I travel for work and live in a fifth wheel and need a truck to move it.  Anyone else seeing their dates bumped back significantly after truck shows as built? Surely it’s not delayed over a month to get transported to Indiana…

11 minutes ago, TruckGirl said:

Well, not good update today.  My truck was completed on 7/27.  Showed awaiting shipping then 6 days under shipped tab. ETA to dealer went from 8/10 to 8/9.  Now today it changed to mid September.  If my 19 F350 hadn’t been sitting at dealership DOA since March, with me still financially responsible for it, I’d have a bit more patience.  And the dealership is less than forthcoming with communication and trying to get updates from their reps.  I literally want to angry cry.  Bad enough the first ford is a lemon, but going past 5 months to get a replacement is beyond frustrating when I travel for work and live in a fifth wheel and need a truck to move it.  Anyone else seeing their dates bumped back significantly after truck shows as built? Surely it’s not delayed over a month to get transported to Indiana…

Oh no! That is strange. I saw a post this morning about a train wreck and they were claiming that there were Super Duties on board. I dismissed it but now I'm wondering if it is true!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Tonymorr said:

Oh no! That is strange. I saw a post this morning about a train wreck and they were claiming that there were Super Duties on board. I dismissed it but now I'm wondering if it is true!

That would be my luck!  My window sticker however shows convoy.  It just sucks that the dealership is awful and marketing has limited info they can give me.  I know I read people’s dates getting pushed back before trucks were built, but have not seen anyone say it was pushed back after built and days showing under shipped.  I’ll have to search the train wreck.  If my states lemon laws didn’t favor replacement over buyback outright I’d have just taken the money and found something else.  

2 hours ago, 22F450KR said:

Ouch might see your new truck in these pics you can see the new super duties this is sad I can't even imagine I am still waiting on mine to be scheduled so this would be horrible news.

https://khqa.com/news/local/train-carrying-new-vehicles-derails-in-northern-ralls-county

Yes, that stinks! ? 

Edited by kbawi