2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

@ice-capades I’m hoping you can help.  Ordered 4/21.  Truck was sent to plant 7/28. Build day was confirmed by VVR as 8/6.  Since 8/6, there has been nothing.  No build confirmation. No release. No ship. I’ve called Marketing and Dealership and basically get told it’s sitting at the factory for some reason. Bed liner?  Seems unlikely when I see other trucks being released and shipped daily with bed liner.

I feel like something has gone wrong and I’m trying to find someone that will care long enough to look into this.  I’m 19 days post build and don’t understand what’s going on.  I do have an estimated delivery date range and Marketing tells me to just wait.  If it doesn’t show up after my latest delivery date, then they can escalate the case and look further into it.  

Hoping you can offer some guidance. Thank you!

88FC88E4-CD71-48AB-8331-BD8BABCA10B8.jpeg

7 hours ago, ice-capades said:

In the past, scheduled orders could be changed up until the order is "locked in" in for production. However, the increased number of retail factory orders, microchip shortages, interrupted plant schedules, commodity constraints, etc. are making it far more complicated and difficult as noted in the note below.  

• Unscheduled Retail Order Confirmation – Please ensure that all retail orders are confirmed with the customer prior to them scheduling.  Orders are locking in very quickly, and spec change and cancellation requests are also beginning to overload our Centralized Field Order Scheduling Team.  Once scheduled, dealers can amend OTD orders in WBDO and non-OTD orders can be amended in CONCEPS if they are not locked in.

Changes to orders that have been re-prioritized (01, 02) by the Ford Regional Office usually cause the priority code to revert back to 10-19. A Regional representative would then have to re-prioritize the order again. Changes to an order don't happen and still have to propagate across multiple systems and other factors affecting the order status. The order could be temporarily locked due to multiple factors and it's simply not possible to list every contingency or factor that could be involved.    

Spray-In Bedliners and Tonneau Covers are very common commodity issues due to production capacity limits.

The whole process of managing orders, scheduling, commodity constraints, microchip shortages, interrupted plant production schedules, the increased number of retail factory orders, etc. is making the whole process more complex and difficult to manage.  

Wow great info thanks for passing that on.

I just got an estimated delivery date of 9/25 from Ford's Vehicle Order Tracking website.  What is everyone’s experience with these estimates? Usually spot on? Do trucks ever get there much earlier or later than the first estimate?  Finally, does Ford ever change these first estimates?

Edited by AndyG.
Original post was unclear whether the estimate was from Ford's tracking system or just an opinion from the dealer

47 minutes ago, AndyG. said:

I just got an estimated delivery date of 9/25.  What is everyone’s experience with these estimates? Usually spot on? Do trucks ever get there much earlier or later than the first estimate?  Finally, does Ford ever change these first estimates?

That’s a joke I ordered 3/18/21 orders opened up in March to schedule building started last July I’m still waiting to be scheduled 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Imarkdirt said:

Same here. Ordered 3/19. Tried to drop AS on my platinum F-250 6.7 weeks ago but was told I couldn't. Trying to stay patient but with 10/25 as a build date when I honestly expected production to begin in June (which was the schedule when I originally ordered it) it is becoming hard. Trying not to anger my dealer either. Most frustrating for me is that they can't seem to get my email added in the system to get direct from Ford updates. He says it is right but I have never gotten one email. Ice-capades helps with the updates so I don't feel completely out of the loop. Other big concern is that I got the HCTT package and the Dana axle. I hope that gets corrected before they ship.

We're like brothers! I ordered an F450 Platinum on 3/31. I never got an e-mail from Ford. The dealer checked - it was supposedly there. He even sent me screenshots. I got nothing. In May, I called Ford marketing and got my VIN. First scheduled week was 7/19. Time went on. I called Ford again, and got 7/26. I contacted the dealer, and they didn't know of those dates, but told me 8/9. Still, no e-mail. Time went on, and I checked the dealer, and he said new date was 9/21. Then after a while, the dealer forwarded me an e-mail he'd received from Ford saying the date was changed to 9/13. It looked like a customer e-mail but with my name. I think they didn't have my e-mail address in the right spot. Whatever. That same day, I got that same e-mail from Ford. Finally!

Last week, the dealer told me the date was pushed to 10/25, saying adaptive steering was causing the delay. Monday, I asked to cancel adaptive steering and he said he would. He said that we'll see if it's scheduled by next week. So now I wait some more.  

23 minutes ago, 2Wheel-Lee said:

We're like brothers! I ordered an F450 Platinum on 3/31. I never got an e-mail from Ford. The dealer checked - it was supposedly there. He even sent me screenshots. I got nothing. In May, I called Ford marketing and got my VIN. First scheduled week was 7/19. Time went on. I called Ford again, and got 7/26. I contacted the dealer, and they didn't know of those dates, but told me 8/9. Still, no e-mail. Time went on, and I checked the dealer, and he said new date was 9/21. Then after a while, the dealer forwarded me an e-mail he'd received from Ford saying the date was changed to 9/13. It looked like a customer e-mail but with my name. I think they didn't have my e-mail address in the right spot. Whatever. That same day, I got that same e-mail from Ford. Finally!

Last week, the dealer told me the date was pushed to 10/25, saying adaptive steering was causing the delay. Monday, I asked to cancel adaptive steering and he said he would. He said that we'll see if it's scheduled by next week. So now I wait some more.  

I was told that because I was scheduled, I couldn't drop AS. He sent it up the chain of command and everything. No dice. I was hoping to sell my 18 F150 before it hit 100k but that ship has sailed. I got my vin about that same time and based on delays expected mid July so I went and ordered my top and bed slide. Now my Leer top is sitting in the dealer warehouse taking up space for another couple of months. Oh well.

I ordered my F450 Platinum June 18th. Received the email from Ford July 2nd with a build date of week of August 16th. Received “Built” email August 24th. Truck is scheduled to be at my dealership by September 5th. I’m pretty happy. Eager to trade my 2019 F350 XL SXT DRW in on it. 

Ordered the truck in Atlas Blue, with the only real options being Upfitter Switches, Supplemental cab heat, FX4 Off road package, Engine block heater, wheel well liners and 397 amp alternator.  Really happy with how quickly Ford processed the order and completed the truck. 

My question for you guys…..can I safely order a Tonneau cover for a 2021 model F450 and have it fit on the truck?

Edit: Truck is at the dealer today. Picking it up tomorrow lol

Edited by Goldcupshooter
Quick edit for truck delivery date

I'm new here, as far as posting, but have been following the thread since I ordered my F450 Platinum FX4 in Atlas Blue, with AS and most everything else, but moon roof.  My order was confirmed 31 Mar and like others here, my build week moved to 10/25.  I'm not in a dire need to speed it up, so I'll wait it out to get it the way I want it.  Following along and learning some things keeps me coming back and seeing others post updates sort of lets me know how my schedule looks.  I'm glad I found this forum as it's been very helpful.

I see many of you getting updates about your ordered trucks from ford. I called ford verified my email then proceeded to contact my dealer. I was informed from my salesman that the dealers GM won’t let them put the buyers email in for updates incase something were to happen when the truck was delivered - damage etc. I find this extremely hard to believe which now i’m left with only getting updates from my salesman who doesn’t want to return emails. Any thoughts on this ?

24 minutes ago, Mbrooks44 said:

I haven’t got an email since t he order was confirmed, so it’s not like you get updates often. You can always call marketing and ask. 

I realize it is all a waiting game and have contacted marketing. Only thing I found weird was I was finally able to get a response for my vin # but was told there was no scheduled production week. I thought once you were given a vin you were also given a scheduled production week.

7 minutes ago, Mbrooks44 said:

That’s what I have read, but I suspect some of these practices may have been the way it has been done. Maybe with the challenges they are doing it a bit different. A VIN may lock in some

commodities for your build, but they don’t have it scheduled yet. 

That could be aswell, nothing left now but to sit back and wait.

Update on my order:

250 XLT LB Black Appearance Package.  Ordered 7/14, confirmed 7/14, build week 9/6 email received 8/12. 

*When I lookup my order it doesn’t say anything about build week.  It only said the 9/6 date in the email.  Is that normal?