2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

2 hours ago, Matthew3c said:

I am in Atlanta, GA.  When I ordered my two trucks (F350 and F450) we agreed upon a selling price of Dealer Invoice +$1,000 (plus sales tax).  Today dealers are able to sell them for quite a bit more than MSRP.  The dealership in Dallas that offered me $5,000 over MSRP will level the front end, add larger tires with fancy wheels, tint the windows, etc...  and ask $120k or more.  Check out this link:

https://www.lewisvilleautoplex.com/exotic-used/Ford/2021-Ford-Super+Duty+F-450+DRW-458ed0070a0e09a90d190c0185d3f213.htm

I've also seen dealers simply adding a "Market Adjustment" adder of $15,000 or more (see pic)...

It seems crazy, but I guess there are folks that will pay a higher price just to get it... It's certainly happened with other vehicles (Porche, Vette, etc...)

As for your question about why my dealer would "sell me a truck and then buy it back"...  I assume that the Dealer Invoice +$1,000 deal that I have on my F350 (I'm keeping that one) allows them to make some profit.  They could lower that price a bit more and just have more cost in the F450.  They wouldn't technically sell it to me and buy it back; they would instead give me a larger discount on my F350 and just have a higher cost base in the F450.

Notice that the $15,000 Market Adjustment is for a Lariat F250 with the 7.3 gas burner!  Imagine what they'd ask for a Plati Diesel!

Market Adjustment.jpg

That is a dealership I would never do business with.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, ice-capades said:

You're better off talking directly to the sales manager or the individual that manages the dealership's order bank. The majority of sales representatives know little, if anything, about the Vehicle Visibility system or have access to it. I would also request a copy of the latest Vehicle Visibility report so that you can actually confirm your vehicle's status. 

Oddly enough Both my Salesman and Sales Manager are both out of the office today..... I'm thinking maybe they are on a mini vacation together! Lmao..... but also the Ford Tracker updated today that it was built 10/5 with an ETA of 11/4....

14 hours ago, PhoenixOdin77 said:

Oddly enough Both my Salesman and Sales Manager are both out of the office today..... I'm thinking maybe they are on a mini vacation together! Lmao..... but also the Ford Tracker updated today that it was built 10/5 with an ETA of 11/4....

I have those same dates (originally scheduled to 4 October) but my truck is still “in production” has been that way since the 27th of September. Waiting for it to show “built” is yours built or in production with those ETAs? 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, 1991LX said:

I have those same dates (originally scheduled to 4 October) but my truck is still “in production” has been that way since the 27th of September. Waiting for it to show “built” is yours built or in production with those ETAs? 

In Production technically.... because it has to go offsite for the Retractable Tonneau Cover and until it gets QC Inspected it won't read as "Built" on the Ford Tracker.... but if you have a Build date on there them it's built... it only takes a few hours at most to build a truck and isk the exact number per day but it's around 70-80 I believe... I could be wrong. That's why I say of yours has a date and it's days ago... then it's done and hasn't been Final Inspected yet. It will say "In Production " from the time it gets "Sent to Plant" which should be the day your Window Sticker is released. The built date will appear under the In Production part of the tracker once its built though.

9 minutes ago, PhoenixOdin77 said:

In Production technically.... because it has to go offsite for the Retractable Tonneau Cover and until it gets QC Inspected it won't read as "Built" on the Ford Tracker.... but if you have a Build date on there them it's built... it only takes a few hours at most to build a truck and isk the exact number per day but it's around 70-80 I believe... I could be wrong. That's why I say of yours has a date and it's days ago... then it's done and hasn't been Final Inspected yet. It will say "In Production " from the time it gets "Sent to Plant" which should be the day your Window Sticker is released. The built date will appear under the In Production part of the tracker once its built though.

yeah that’s what I figured, it has to get the bed liner installed, and I guess the soft Tonneau cover if they do that prior to shipping. Cool to see the movement none the less. Hopefully that eta gets bumped up a little. ? 

9 minutes ago, 1991LX said:

yeah that’s what I figured, it has to get the bed liner installed, and I guess the soft Tonneau cover if they do that prior to shipping. Cool to see the movement none the less. Hopefully that eta gets bumped up a little. ? 

That usually takes 2 to 6 days or so depending on what your order has and all for the turn around... and I had a buddy just get his order that said 10/13- 10/16 eta... and his showed up at the dealer 10/3 lol... so it is possible... mine has to come from KTP to Houston so I'm sure my dates are probably close... I know the Window sticker says convoy, but most likely will still come rail...

9 minutes ago, PhoenixOdin77 said:

That usually takes 2 to 6 days or so depending on what your order has and all for the turn around... and I had a buddy just get his order that said 10/13- 10/16 eta... and his showed up at the dealer 10/3 lol... so it is possible... mine has to come from KTP to Houston so I'm sure my dates are probably close... I know the Window sticker says convoy, but most likely will still come rail...

Good luck to you, hopefully everyone’s trucks are delivered early than expected. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 1991LX said:

Good luck to you, hopefully everyone’s trucks are delivered early than expected. 

Same to you Brother, I'm like every other adult child and refreshing and checking multiple trackers day and night just looking for movement like it's Christmas and I'm watching for Santa lol... Good Luck on your build

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, PhoenixOdin77 said:

Also my window sticker originally showed convoy, then switched to rail shortly after. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, PhoenixOdin77 said:

Same to you Brother, I'm like every other adult child and refreshing and checking multiple trackers day and night just looking for movement like it's Christmas and I'm watching for Santa lol... Good Luck on your build

I told myself I wouldn't be that guy... but I am and it probably won't stop until I have the truck. My wife is getting rather annoyed by it haha

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, PhoenixOdin77 said:

So I’m not the only one? ? I feel better now. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I also thought a lot of people on this forum were a bit "extreme" wanting to track it down to the specific rail car, but I am also guilty now, waiting is hard, especially knowing it was built 3 weeks ago.  Mine was built 9/16, shipped on 9/18 with an ETA of 10/9-10/15.  I thought for sure it would show up well before that since we are in Michigan.   From 9/18 when it was shipped, the tracker has said 6 days under the shipped tab, and the mach-e tracker lists it as transit date 6.  Anybody know what that means?  Cyberdman didn't list any rail information on the last track, and last week my salesman also said it didn't show any rail information.  Maybe this means its been sitting in KY for 3 weeks waiting on a train?

Edited by Kory04

11 minutes ago, Rlambert said:

My truck finally has shipped. Ordered back 5/10 . Can anyone tell me how to track from this point , maybe rail car?  Any help would be appreciated 

Your Dealer can give you the rail car number and rail carrier information from the Vehicle Visibility report. 

My truck spent 12 days from rolling off line to being released from offsite processing.

I have access to detail information including the rail transport.  It is mind numbing watching paint dry.  Rail transportation is worse!  It has finally arrived at the destination rail yard.  Hoping the dealer will go fetch it straight from the rail yard, but naturally my salesman is out today, and the sales manager so far isn't returning my call.  11 days on the rail to bring the truck to MI from KY.

2 hours ago, road turtle said:

My truck spent 12 days from rolling off line to being released from offsite processing.

I have access to detail information including the rail transport.  It is mind numbing watching paint dry.  Rail transportation is worse!  It has finally arrived at the destination rail yard.  Hoping the dealer will go fetch it straight from the rail yard, but naturally my salesman is out today, and the sales manager so far isn't returning my call.  11 days on the rail to bring the truck to MI from KY.

Dealers don't normally pick up vehicles at the final rail ramp destination. The vehicles are assigned to the car carrier hauling firm, transferred to that firm's inventory and then assigned to a load headed to the dealership's area. Once the vehicle is unloaded from the rail car and transferred to the car carrier firm, it's a matter of filling a load headed in the area of the dealership's location and having a driver available. The process usually only takes a few days. 

On 10/6/2021 at 11:15 AM, ardvark666 said:

Wow. I can’t imagine pricing like that. Imagine being the guy who could live with the 15k market adjustment, but then is like  “that first place finish seems a bit high” Haha

I totally agree.  I could not pay it on principle alone!  But, it happens in all markets...  houses in our area are selling with bidding wars taking the price well ABOVE the listing price.  Center console fishing boats (a market I'm deep into) are selling at prices that baffle the mind.  Of course, I own a $90,000 1972 Ford Bronco, so who am I to cast stones!!  ?