2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

3 hours ago, tremor22 said:

I get a hard eye roll from my wife and 2 daughters anytime I mention it ?

I think anyone and everyone I know just wants me to shut up about this damn truck already... my window sticker became available today.... getting closer to the end of all this waiting 

5 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Dealers don't normally pick up vehicles at the final rail ramp destination.

It's been a Cluster F* of epic proportions.  Dealer cost me almost 3 months of order time due to their bone headed move.  It has put me into a serious time crunch, and even worse, I'm extremely swamped at work right now.  I have about 4 weeks to get the truck, fetch the 5th wheel (min 3 days), get it ready for 4 months away from home, and get the house ready to be shut down for 4 months.

I did find out it was offloaded from the train today.  I have a few people stirred up right now.  It's definitely affecting my general mood, and a supplier on my big project got on my bad side today.  I channeled Al Powell from die hard, "fix it now, goddamnt now".  Funny thing, it got fixed... now if I could only get my truck.

• Like 2

Hi folks, been holding out for months trying to be patient before posting, but I no longer can hold back. Anyone else with 10/4 build week worried that there are no updates? SD Tracker shows sent to the plant on 9/28, nothing since. I do have a Bed Liner but also see on the Tracker that others for this week did as well and have a Shipment Date. Any help or encouragement from others is greatly appreciated!

Ordered 22' Lariat 6.7 CC on May 14th, changed the model from KR to Lariat and the order date changed to July 6th.

1 hour ago, GoDucks09 said:

Hi folks, been holding out for months trying to be patient before posting, but I no longer can hold back. Anyone else with 10/4 build week worried that there are no updates? SD Tracker shows sent to the plant on 9/28, nothing since. I do have a Bed Liner but also see on the Tracker that others for this week did as well and have a Shipment Date. Any help or encouragement from others is greatly appreciated!

Ordered 22' Lariat 6.7 CC on May 14th, changed the model from KR to Lariat and the order date changed to July 6th.

Same here. 10/4 build week, sent to production on 9/29 and no changes yet. I have a bed liner and 5th wheel prep but noticed that the 10/4 trucks that have updated recently have taken 8 or 9 days after being sent to production to update. So hopefully we see some movement later today or tomorrow. 

Edited by jjordan3
  • Like 1

On 10/7/2021 at 1:34 PM, ardvark666 said:

Anybody scheduled today?

I was hopeful, My wife got an email, her Explorer will be built the week of November 29th. Somehow her order was moved to a priority code 1. She thinks it’s funny, she ordered in October I ordered in August.

5 hours ago, jjordan3 said:

Same here. 10/4 build week, sent to production on 9/29 and no changes yet. I have a bed liner and 5th wheel prep but noticed that the 10/4 trucks that have updated recently have taken 8 or 9 days after being sent to production to update. So hopefully we see some movement later today or tomorrow. 

Mine was to be built the week of 9/27 and didn't see the assembly line until 10/5... be patient... if it was sent over to the plant then your truck will be built, just might be 7 to 10 days and not just a couple lol... I know that's easier said than done though.... it's coming.... give it a few more days.... afterall mine was built in the week after it was supposed to be built.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, GoDucks09 said:

It will come... as I said on another quote, mine was to be built week of 9/27 sent to Plant 9/24.... built on 10/5 which is the following week.... and still not in status as "built" yet because of Bed cover, console safe, and such.... once that is done then it will change in the tracker... be patient as hard as that is to actually be. Your truck is being built... it just may take some extra days. Good luck and hope you hear something sooner rather than later

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PhoenixOdin77 said:

It will come... as I said on another quote, mine was to be built week of 9/27 sent to Plant 9/24.... built on 10/5 which is the following week.... and still not in status as "built" yet because of Bed cover, console safe, and such.... once that is done then it will change in the tracker... be patient as hard as that is to actually be. Your truck is being built... it just may take some extra days. Good luck and hope you hear something sooner rather than later

Thanks for your insight. Considering how long I've waited to get into production I didn't think it would be this difficult waiting to get to "built" status.

And thanks for answering my next question - I was wondering if it would move to "Built" before or after the accessories were added (bed liner and 5th wheel prep for me).

Sounds like I still have a lot of waiting to do. :(

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jjordan3 said:

Thanks for your insight. Considering how long I've waited to get into production I didn't think it would be this difficult waiting to get to "built" status.

And thanks for answering my next question - I was wondering if it would move to "Built" before or after the accessories were added (bed liner and 5th wheel prep for me).

Sounds like I still have a lot of waiting to do. :(

No problem... and it's not that long of a wait... considering what a majority of us have been through to go from Unscheduled-Clean to Scheduled lol.... this is definitely a Broken and inefficient system and the lack of communication between Ford and Dealers and the inexperience of these Salespeople and Sales Managers doesn't help... once your truck is Built and QC inspected... it should be released to ship... that's a whole other process lmao.... but once it has shipped talk to your Sales Manager and ask then to check the VVR for shipping Information on your truck... if it's by rail, they can give you rail car # your truck is in and you can call an automated line to track the rail companies rail car #... at least you'll know where the rail car is... from there a transport company will have to get it released to them to tale to your dealer... it's a complicated process and yes, the wait ultimately sucks. Hope yours cokes sooner than later. I'm seeing a lot recently show up a week to ten days early even. Of course, some are showing up late and I feel for thos epoor souls who are forced to wait even longer than they should have to.

7 hours ago, PhoenixOdin77 said:

No problem... and it's not that long of a wait... considering what a majority of us have been through to go from Unscheduled-Clean to Scheduled lol.... this is definitely a Broken and inefficient system and the lack of communication between Ford and Dealers and the inexperience of these Salespeople and Sales Managers doesn't help... once your truck is Built and QC inspected... it should be released to ship... that's a whole other process lmao.... but once it has shipped talk to your Sales Manager and ask then to check the VVR for shipping Information on your truck... if it's by rail, they can give you rail car # your truck is in and you can call an automated line to track the rail companies rail car #... at least you'll know where the rail car is... from there a transport company will have to get it released to them to tale to your dealer... it's a complicated process and yes, the wait ultimately sucks. Hope yours cokes sooner than later. I'm seeing a lot recently show up a week to ten days early even. Of course, some are showing up late and I feel for thos epoor souls who are forced to wait even longer than they should have to.

I was able to add it in FordPass today, but still no status change. I guess it’s very close to being “complete” as it hasn’t been able to be added in FordPass until today. Pretty cool stuff. I did try to “activate” it and I’m pretty sure someone pressed decline on the screen at KTP. Haha 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, 1991LX said:

I was able to add it in FordPass today, but still no status change. I guess it’s very close to being “complete” as it hasn’t been able to be added in FordPass until today. Pretty cool stuff. I did try to “activate” it and I’m pretty sure someone pressed decline on the screen at KTP. Haha 

I was able to add mine to Ford Pass today as well... still hasn't shipped as per the 4 difference trackers I use lol... Delivery ETA date did move up 3 days. Hope yours arrives early 

14 hours ago, FathomBlueSS said:

Word from my dealer is that they will do “confirmed order clearing” this week.  He said many dealers are not getting orders loaded correctly.  Additionally, the AS commodity issue maybe close to being solved.  I hope some insiders can help provide more context.

If Dealers are having trouble getting orders loaded correctly? BS. There is no problem submitting 2022 Super Duty orders via the WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system. In addition, there is no information available on when the Adaptive Steering commodity restraint will be lifted. 

• Like 3

Hello All

First Post.  

After much frustration on a Ram 3500 SRW limited order from 6-14, I placed an order On 10-4 for a well optioned 350 Tremor.    I will buy the truck that arrives first.  

Does any one have a notion of VIN availability from order timeline for recent orders?   I had a Dodge Vin within a few days.  But no movement what so ever thereafter.  I recognize that there are differences between production milestones and the significance of them.

Any input would be appreciated.

Edited by clevy4949

14 minutes ago, awmolq said:

This waiting stuff is for the birds. Scheduled for 10/25. Be 5 months after all said and done. 

If you want to have a dick measuring contest-try this:

Bronco Reservation made 7/13/2020

Order placed January 23, 2021

Order Processed February 2021

Multiple build dates changed

Blend date of 7/2

Built

Sat at plant til September 28th to get replacement top

Shipped 

Delivery ETA of 10/29-11/5

So I've been waiting almost 16 months now. I even sold my car and had to get another hold me over for a few months because of this. 

24 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

If you want to have a dick measuring contest-try this:

Bronco Reservation made 7/13/2020

Order placed January 23, 2021

Order Processed February 2021

Multiple build dates changed

Blend date of 7/2

Built

Sat at plant til September 28th to get replacement top

Shipped 

Delivery ETA of 10/29-11/5

So I've been waiting almost 16 months now. I even sold my car and had to get another hold me over for a few months because of this. 

Doesn't make my 5 months any shorter. But I feel for ya. 

Seeing trucks with the same build, being ordered after and delivered before is the most frustrating part. Is what it is. I signed up for it knowing the wait just didnt anticipate the anticipation ?

8 hours ago, tremor22 said:

Anybody order and receive their truck from Chapman? Just wondering how long shipping time was for you 

Chapman Ford Philadelphia/Willow Grove ?  We got 3 from Kennedy in Feasterville... 1st arrived at dealer within 1 week of finishing production and showing shipped..... the next 2 arrived at the dealer about 2 weeks after finishing production and showing as shipped..

1 hour ago, Ford truck guy said:

Chapman Ford Philadelphia/Willow Grove ?  We got 3 from Kennedy in Feasterville... 1st arrived at dealer within 1 week of finishing production and showing shipped..... the next 2 arrived at the dealer about 2 weeks after finishing production and showing as shipped..

Yes! Thank you exactly what I was hoping for. Built 10/7 

Perhaps this was mentioned in one of the 2700+ posts, but I didn’t realize they stripped the ambient lit cup holders on 2022 trucks equipped with ambient lighting.  The Ford decontenters strike again.  First they cut the ability to change the colors, and now this.  Hard to say what gets cut next.  

Oh yeah, and don’t expect a nice little nylon pouch for your owner’s manual, etc., because that got cut too.   That stuff now gets to flop around your glove box unorganized.  I know, first world problems, but It’s pretty irritating.  

• Haha 1