2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

Anyone in Texas have their truck go via Union Pacific through Gatyard IL (short for Gateway Yard Illinois)?  My truck has been sitting there since 10/7.  I am still with in the ETA of 10/18 to 10/24, but the lack of movement from that yard has me thinking I may not get my truck until November or later.  

On 9/28/2021 at 2:40 PM, MAFFS89 said:

Just ordered mine 4 days ago (F-350, Tremor, 6.7).  I'll be waiting right along with you!  My first Ford truck, always been a Ram guy but no dealer would take an order under the FCA affiliate rewards program.  Several dealers told me that they've been advised to expect the program to be suspended 1 Oct so if I did order one, the price would change, and it would be MSRP or more.  

So now I'm a Ford guy (in waiting)!

I have always been a ford guy, but did own a Cummins with a Dodge built around it.  Loved the engine but truck was ok.  Almost went with New Dodge but still the interior of the Ford. Will see how long the wait is with switching to a King Ranch

1 hour ago, CC34 said:

Ordered 250 Platinum 04/14, delivered to me on 10/15. As seen in the screenshot below from the window sticker, I ordered the "factory" winch, but it was ultimately listed as a dealer installed accessory. My truck was delivered to dealer on 10/11 and to me from the dealer on 10/15. The dealer said the winch was not shipped with the truck and the regional Ford rep. was trying to locate/track the winch shipment. As of today, I still have no ETA on when the winch will be delivered to me. The dealer is several hours from my house (ordered through mutual connection), so they issued me a check for $260 for the installation costs. Although I know it was more expensive to order from factory vs. purchasing after-market, I wanted to avoid having to purchase after-market and taking the truck to have the winch installed, etc. Very frustrating waiting 7 months for a truck, overpaying for a "factory" accessory for convenience reasons (lesson learned), and Ford cannot give you an answer on where the accessory is, or when it might be shipped. Just curious if anyone else has run into this issue with the "factory" winch?

Order Schedule.pdf

Winch.pdf

Unfortunately, from what I've seen, this is standard operating procedure. Good luck finding a shop that will install that for $260. From the installation instructions I've seen, it seems rather labor intensive for what it is. Won't you still have to go back to the dealer to pick up the winch?

1 hour ago, Nmfiredawg said:

I have always been a ford guy, but did own a Cummins with a Dodge built around it.  Loved the engine but truck was ok.  Almost went with New Dodge but still the interior of the Ford. Will see how long the wait is with switching to a King Ranch

I'm still waiting on my '22 F450 Platinum. But quite honesly, I prefer the interior of my old 2006 Ram (except for the wear). In my opinion, Ford and Chevy interiors have always sucked compared to Ram. So many of my friends tell me I'll regret the "upgrade."

Edited by 2Wheel-Lee

42 minutes ago, 2Wheel-Lee said:

I'm still waiting on my '22 F450 Platinum. But quite honesly, I prefer the interior of my old 2006 Ram (except for the wear). In my opinion, Ford and Chevy interiors have always sucked compared to Ram. So many of my friends tell me I'll regret the "upgrade."

In my opinion Ram interiors are nice, but they really are lacking interior space and overall seating comfort.  Ford to me has the most interior space with the 2nd best interior from a materials/fit finish perspective.  Current GM interiors are cheap plastic and just seems like it will not last.  However, with their upcoming update they might jump up a bit, but I doubt the quality will improve...just my opinion of course.  Never owned a Ram so I can't comment on the quality. 

2 hours ago, 22F350_SRW said:

In my opinion Ram interiors are nice, but they really are lacking interior space and overall seating comfort.  Ford to me has the most interior space with the 2nd best interior from a materials/fit finish perspective.  Current GM interiors are cheap plastic and just seems like it will not last.  However, with their upcoming update they might jump up a bit, but I doubt the quality will improve...just my opinion of course.  Never owned a Ram so I can't comment on the quality. 

When I first started test-driving '20 and '21 Ford trucks the first thing that came to mind is that they simply felt like newer 1990 interiors. I haven't been in a Ford truck in decades. Yet, they just still had that vintage feel, albeit with modern - ahem, plain black colors (Platinum). The Marsella reminded me of that damned burgundy from the late 80s or early 90s.  

Way back in the 80s/90s, I used to do a lot of car audio work. Those Fords used to make us laugh. Brand new trucks with trash hidden inside. Handfuls of screws left stashed in the interior, either under compartments, carpet, sill plates, etc., while many screws would be missing (holes not drilled or had self-tappers run in them). And lots of one-shot, un-reusable clips (though not by design, but by quality). And then there was the horrible wiring and connectors. Though their low quality was easily matched by GM back then. 

This upcoming truck will be my first Ford. Based on the service so far, I'm already starting to regret it, and I don't even have it yet!

If Ram had a modern transmission behind the Cummins, I wouldn't have hesitated to go back to a Ram. 

30 minutes ago, Opa1 said:

My Build week is October 18 and truck is in production.   I have the VIN number but my Ford Pass App will not accept the VIN.  Is any one else having the same issue? 

It likely won’t until the truck is built. It will show an error like the app cannot respond or something. Just wait until your truck is built and try again. 

17 minutes ago, 1991LX said:

It likely won’t until the truck is built. It will show an error like the app cannot respond or something. Just wait until your truck is built and try again. 

Thank you, I will practice patience now and wait

21 minutes ago, Opa1 said:

Thank you, I will practice patience now and wait

Sounds like ours. The dealer gave us the same build date over a month ago. I just found out that it’s now been pushed back to November 9th. 

Edited by BB2005

14 minutes ago, mikejones202 said:

My truck has finally been built and waiting shipment. I still cannot connect to the truck via ford pass....guess ill just wait til it gets here. Not sure having it connected early does any good

Connecting mine early really didn't have any significance.  It just put a picture of the truck into the app, and I think you can access the manuals for the truck in the app, but you cannot "claim" the ownership of the truck yet

1 hour ago, Kory04 said:

Connecting mine early really didn't have any significance.  It just put a picture of the truck into the app, and I think you can access the manuals for the truck in the app, but you cannot "claim" the ownership of the truck yet

Yep it really does not do much until you have the truck and are able to activate the connection to the Ford Pass app.  

I picked up my truck last night, f250 xlt.  I thought for sure XLT had the lane keeping alert, but I cannot find it anywhere.  Also, my automatic high beams seem to have hyperactivity disorder, they will change to low even if the oncoming traffic is a mile away, then they'll continue to flash back and forth until the opposing traffic is very close. I had to pull over to figure out how to turn the automatic lights off because the truck would flash them repeatedly.  Just sharing my experience so far, and really hoping I have the lane keeping feature

• Like 1

21 hours ago, 2Wheel-Lee said:

Unfortunately, from what I've seen, this is standard operating procedure. Good luck finding a shop that will install that for $260. From the installation instructions I've seen, it seems rather labor intensive for what it is. Won't you still have to go back to the dealer to pick up the winch?

I figured it would be close to impossible to get it installed for $260. Dealer said they will mail it to me once it is shipped to them. 

3 hours ago, Kory04 said:

I picked up my truck last night, f250 xlt.  I thought for sure XLT had the lane keeping alert, but I cannot find it anywhere.  Also, my automatic high beams seem to have hyperactivity disorder, they will change to low even if the oncoming traffic is a mile away, then they'll continue to flash back and forth until the opposing traffic is very close. I had to pull over to figure out how to turn the automatic lights off because the truck would flash them repeatedly.  Just sharing my experience so far, and really hoping I have the lane keeping feature

I have my XLT build sheet and print out of standard features in front of me and I do not see anything on it about lane departure warning.  It has front collision warning and emergency braking along with the rear blindspot monitoring, but nothing specifically stated about lane departure.  It was part of the reason I stuck with an XLT if I remember correctly, as I personally do not want or need any of the assisted safety features.  Though, I do think the front collision warning and braking is a good thing to have and I think I'll be glad to have those on the truck.  The blindspot monitoring in my wife's car is a joke, so I'm not expecting much there, though it may be helpful at times.  Anything that adjusts the steering wheel on my behalf though I'm personally not a fan of.

Thanks for the feedback on the automatic high beams.  Likely another feature that I won't be using as I'll have a lightbar for towing down the backroads so I'll have to be manually turning it on and off anyway.

1 hour ago, Quigs said:

Thanks for the feedback on the automatic high beams.  Likely another feature that I won't be using as I'll have a lightbar for towing down the backroads so I'll have to be manually turning it on and off anyway.

I once had a rental car with auto high beams and loved the feature much more than I thought I would.  I think mine just needs recalibrated probably.

4 hours ago, Kory04 said:

I think its only on the Lariat. You are not missing much.  It just vibrates the steering wheel to let you know you are about to go over the line.  It does not assist in keeping the truck between the lines like other systems.  Trucks with adaptive steering might do this, but the Lariat version is just a reminder type system. 

• Like 1

On 8/18/2021 at 7:13 AM, ice-capades said:

Not necessarily. Stock orders have a blue Window Sticker and retail orders have a green Window Sticker. 

Ice, I’m trying to understand my window sticker. I ordered my F350 on April 30 under the X-plan. In early June, I went to the dealership to give them the info for COVP. Regional manager changed priority from 10 to 02 in September. Truck was finally scheduled for week 10/11, moved to 10/18, moved to 10/25 with built day 10/30. Window sticker was released today and it’s blue and doesn’t show x plan. Was this order placed as a dealer stock and not a customer COVP order? Thank, trying to understand and maybe realize why it’s taken so long. Thank you for helping all of us understand a little more

68F5FCAD-764C-48AA-AF96-EBF7934B0291.png

7 hours ago, LarryD said:

Ice, I’m trying to understand my window sticker. I ordered my F350 on April 30 under the X-plan. In early June, I went to the dealership to give them the info for COVP. Regional manager changed priority from 10 to 02 in September. Truck was finally scheduled for week 10/11, moved to 10/18, moved to 10/25 with built day 10/30. Window sticker was released today and it’s blue and doesn’t show x plan. Was this order placed as a dealer stock and not a customer COVP order? Thank, trying to understand and maybe realize why it’s taken so long. Thank you for helping all of us understand a little more

68F5FCAD-764C-48AA-AF96-EBF7934B0291.png

This is somewhat bazaar as the Window Sticker is blue indicating it's a stock order yet there is no order type code listed. Do you have any documentation showing that the order was actually submitted as either a Retail or X-Plan order? The Ford Regional Office wouldn't re-prioritize a stock order. X-Plan orders would be treated the same as a Retail order and would generate a green Window Sticker, include the X-Plan order type and the X-Plan tag number reference. It looks like this was placed as a stock order, never prioritized and the Dealer will then report the sale as an X-Plan after delivery. If you don't have the X-Plan price, you have the right to see the Dealer Invoice that shows the X-Plan price. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ice-capades said:

This is somewhat bazaar as the Window Sticker is blue indicating it's a stock order yet there is no order type code listed. Do you have any documentation showing that the order was actually submitted as either a Retail or X-Plan order? The Ford Regional Office wouldn't re-prioritize a stock order. X-Plan orders would be treated the same as a Retail order and would generate a green Window Sticker, include the X-Plan order type and the X-Plan tag number reference. It looks like this was placed as a stock order, never prioritized and the Dealer will then report the sale as an X-Plan after delivery. If you don't have the X-Plan price, you have the right to see the Dealer Invoice that shows the X-Plan price. 

FWIW several other people including myself are seeing blue window stickers.  Mine is also “in-production”   Maybe once built they will turn Green?  I confirmed a long time ago with my dealer that I am COVP verified, ordered in my name with Z plan, and I am getting emails in my name regarding my order status.  I wouldn’t worry too much about the color at this point.  

• Like 1