2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

16 minutes ago, ardvark666 said:

Ford marketing said I do not have a vin. My dealer claims that the truck is “in production”

but they don’t have a vin. Am I being lied to or is this an actual thing? I can’t change the order because it’s being built but I can’t trace the build because there is not a vin?

Some thing is not adding up. Can you advise the contact info for Ford marketing?

32 minutes ago, Mbrooks44 said:

That only matters to the dealership’s orders. I’ve been 02 for about a month and nothing has changed. 

I was a priority 12 or 14 i  think when i had my dealer drop the AS off my build on 16 August… fast forward to 16 September i got the email from ford with my VIN and a production week. So i would like to think that 4 weeks on the low side to maybe 6-8 weeks when the priority code is changed to a lower number for scheduling. Just speculation from my situation. 

26 minutes ago, Rednpewter said:

First post here, but I've been lurking around since I ordered a F250 platinum 6.7 with A/S on 7/19. Finally got a production date of 11/29 today. I was going to drop A/S several times but talked myself out of it. Hopefully the production date sticks!

I saw a couple trucks get scheduled with AS this week.

I really want that feature, but I pulled it off a few weeks ago. I would add it back on if I knew it wouldn't delay my order. 

I wish Ford was a little more forthcoming about the commodity shortages so we could make educated choices. Ice-Capades gives us a lot of information, but it's only specific about commodity shortages some of the time, and we generally have to guess what might be holding up our orders.

Edited by Gadgetwiz

50 minutes ago, Mbrooks44 said:

That only matters to the dealership’s orders. I’ve been 02 for about a month and nothing has changed. 

I guess I’ll find out when I don’t get another Thursday email for the next 4 weeks haha. It still means I’m next at my dealership. Well. Unless there is a 01. Or a 00. Is that a thing? The good news is that Ford is really doing right by me and offered me a 3000.00 rebate for my troubles. 

they didn’t. 

1 hour ago, ardvark666 said:

I guess I’ll find out when I don’t get another Thursday email for the next 4 weeks haha. It still means I’m next at my dealership. Well. Unless there is a 01. Or a 00. Is that a thing? The good news is that Ford is really doing right by me and offered me a 3000.00 rebate for my troubles. 

they didn’t. 

There is an 01. My truck was bumped to 01 late September, and scheduled about 2.5 weeks later(build day Nov 15th). Platinum Tremor, No AS, Dropped spray in bedliner. Ordered June 6th.

9 hours ago, mikejones202 said:

Anyone else having issues with their truck sitting at the rail yard? Mine showed up to the rail yard Sunday and hasn't moved. My dealer is about 65 miles away from the rail yard....I guess it's like everything else going on and not enough drivers? 

which rail yard?  If it's flatrock, I've been led to believe that place is a unmitigated disaster.

18 hours ago, ardvark666 said:

My dealer now tells me that they can’t make changes to the truck because it’s being built. But I don’t have a vin. Is that possible?

No. VIN numbers are assigned at the time the order is scheduled. Your order can't be scheduled without a VIN number and can't be in production without one either. Did your Dealer ever give you a scheduled date?

16 hours ago, Gadgetwiz said:

I wish Ford was a little more forthcoming about the commodity shortages so we could make educated choices. Ice-Capades gives us a lot of information, but it's only specific about commodity shortages some of the time, and we generally have to guess what might be holding up our orders.

I pass on the same information I get from Ford! Ford releases the information it wants to and misses or ignores a lot information that would make it a lot easier for Dealers and customers alike. It nothing new as Ford's communications have been terrible for years. In the past year, Ford's made the whole ordering and scheduling process much more complicated and time consuming. At the same time, Ford's seen a tremendous increase in retail customer orders, which they've encouraged, and the whole system is a mess! 

3 hours ago, ice-capades said:

No. VIN numbers are assigned at the time the order is scheduled. Your order can't be scheduled without a VIN number and can't be in production without one either. Did your Dealer ever give you a scheduled date?

They didn’t give me a date. They called me back and said that they “jumped through hoops” to change my order but they somehow managed to “squeeze it in”. Like they did me a favor to add more things to the truck. But they claimed that a regional rep allowed the changes and bumped the truck to a number 2 priority code. Whatever that actually means. 

3 hours ago, ice-capades said:

They didn’t give me a date. They called me back and said that they “jumped through hoops” to change my order but they somehow managed to “squeeze it in”. Like they did me a favor to add more things to the truck. But they claimed that a regional rep allowed the changes and bumped the truck to a number 2 priority code. Whatever that actually means. 

6956807E-14CE-448F-BE05-732A433C9167.jpeg

Edited by ardvark666

1 hour ago, ardvark666 said:

6956807E-14CE-448F-BE05-732A433C9167.jpeg

I’ve been an 02 for a month. Don’t get too excited.

1 hour ago, Nighthawk37 said:

On this forum, at this thread, scroll to the bottom of the last page of the thread, the most current info is there:

I have no idea how I missed that. 

It looks like they’re only doing cleanup scheduling this week. Probably due to the holidays. 

3 hours ago, Gadgetwiz said:

I have no idea how I missed that. 

It looks like they’re only doing cleanup scheduling this week. Probably due to the holidays. 

I hope ice-capades can see this, but my question is referring to scheduling as well. So, I have a "build date of 11-13-21 (i think) would this effect my build date? I have been pushed back 3 times.  

32 minutes ago, OREGUNFIRE said:

I hope ice-capades can see this, but my question is referring to scheduling as well. So, I have a "build date of 11-13-21 (i think) would this effect my build date? I have been pushed back 3 times.  

It also says, "THIS INFORMATION APPLIES TO UNSCHEDULED ORDERS ONLY." so that should only affect unscheduled orders. If you have a build date already yours should be good assuming you don't get hit with commodity issues.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, OREGUNFIRE said:

As stated, the Production Week Scheduling Information applies to unscheduled orders only. Scheduled production dates shouldn't change unless there's additional plant "down time" due to microchip shortages or unexpected commodity restraints or supplier issues.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1