2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

59 minutes ago, tweedr182 said:

I ordered a 2022 F250 Lariat blackout powerstroke in mid july…receiver my build date and vin for week of 10/25/21 on 9/16.  On 10/4/21 it was pushed back to 11/01/2021, on 10/14 it was pushed back to 11/8 build week and just yesterday it was pushed back to 11/15…is anyone else having these issues or have any insight as to why?

I too have almost the same build dates as you state, I also have the lariat blackout. I have a new build date (3rd one) as of 2 weeks ago of 11-13-21. I am waiting for another email that says that date will get pushed again but nothing, yet so I am hopeful this date is going to stick. We shall see.

1 hour ago, CoopTrem22 said:
3 hours ago, CoopTrem22 said:

Ok. Thank you. 

I tried to find the option in the order guide but couldn’t seem to find it. 

Try looking for the rain sensing wipers option. As I recall they are bundled together and the option name starts with the wipers.

2 hours ago, tweedr182 said:

I ordered a 2022 F250 Lariat blackout powerstroke in mid july…receiver my build date and vin for week of 10/25/21 on 9/16.  On 10/4/21 it was pushed back to 11/01/2021, on 10/14 it was pushed back to 11/8 build week and just yesterday it was pushed back to 11/15…is anyone else having these issues or have any insight as to why?

I ordered a the same in a 350 and got bumped around a few times but finally got built. The final date change it actually got moved up a week. I think it was a commodities issue (Lariat Ultimate, Black Appearance, Adaptive cruise - not steering) The bed liner is supposed to be an issue though once mine was built it got the spray in liner the same day. I ordered 4/30 and the truck was built on 10/14. I had build weeks of 9/27, 10/4, 10/18, and finally 10/11.

1 hour ago, 1TonOFun said:

Try looking for the rain sensing wipers option. As I recall they are bundled together and the option name starts with the wipers.

That’s where it is. Thanks. And dealer was able to add it to my order. Ended up having to go thru fleet manager after my salesman said it wasn’t possible. Thanks. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ardvark666 said:

This seems to be common because it happened to me and a friend of mine at different dealerships last week. Maybe Ice Capades can comment on whether Ford is restricting changes to unscheduled build orders. I do know that I complained and it finally took a regional rep to approve a change on my order to add led and lariat ultimate. Looks like this week there will be no scheduled Super Duty trucks so if they don’t have a VIN I would complain that you want the order amended. It’s not delaying anything if there is zero scheduling until Nov 11. And maybe they will not even schedule on that day since it’s a holiday. Who knows. 

I ended up getting the dealership to add the heated steering wheel. Went they the fleet manager since the sales guy said it wasn’t possible. 

2 hours ago, 1TonOFun said:

I ordered a the same in a 350 and got bumped around a few times but finally got built. The final date change it actually got moved up a week. I think it was a commodities issue (Lariat Ultimate, Black Appearance, Adaptive cruise - not steering) The bed liner is supposed to be an issue though once mine was built it got the spray in liner the same day. I ordered 4/30 and the truck was built on 10/14. I had build weeks of 9/27, 10/4, 10/18, and finally 10/11.

so there is hope…Did you pickup your truck and do you have a timeline of when it was built to when it was delivered to the dealership?  Thank you 

@tweedr182 my truck is sitting 70 miles away at the rail yard waiting for final transport. My delivery ETA window is 11/9 -11/15. Hopefully it will get delivered sometime this week but from what I hear final transport is hit and miss depending on truck and driver availability. When I finally get it I’ll post the entire timeline.

9 hours ago, OREGUNFIRE said:

I too have almost the same build dates as you state, I also have the lariat blackout. I have a new build date (3rd one) as of 2 weeks ago of 11-13-21. I am waiting for another email that says that date will get pushed again but nothing, yet so I am hopeful this date is going to stick. We shall see.

Ahh, well got an email update 5 min ago (at 2109 hrs pacific time) seems a lil late to me but anyways, Changed yet again to Nov 22nd.. 4th time its been pushed back.. >.<

Edited by OREGUNFIRE

23 minutes ago, GynormousMellon said:

@Bama-HoosierNice!!!  What options?

Platinum, everything but AS, spray-in bed liner, pano roof, snow plow, extra heater. 

Traded 2020 F350 SRW and only paid $737 more for the F450 than what they gave me for the F350. It is black on black and I take it back next week for the Line-X to be applied.

4 hours ago, cgebh said:

So I ordered and paid a deposit for a 2022  F350 super duty and have confirmed order by Ford. So how long after confirmation does it take to get a VIN? (Sales Code F21526, Order code 7526)

Thanks 

It will depend on what options you ordered. I have been waiting since April, others have been waiting since March for their trucks to get scheduled. Once your truck has been scheduled the VIN is generated are generated at the time that an order is “Submitted to Plant” for scheduling. See @ice-capades post below.

• Like 1

For those asking about timelines, I've seen some quicker, and some slower.  This was my experience

Ordered: 6/9/21
Scheduled for week of 9/27 on 8/12/21
Rescheduled for week of 10/4 on 9/12/21
Scheduled to Day 10/8 on 9/30/21
Built: 10/12/21
Shipped: 10/15/21
Delivered to Dealer: 11/1/21

Picked it up yesterday!! Long wait, but love the truck!!

2022 F350 CCSB King Ranch Ultimate, 5th wheel prep, spray in bedliner, chrome package, and a few other options.  NO AS

IMG_2675.JPEG

Edited by rlatronico
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, crashman-405 said:

I order a 2022 F-450 platinum 09/04/2021 and the dealer said it would take up to 16 weeks for delivery. Reading the comments here that doesn't seem likely. Realistically, what times am I looking at?

You can figure it out by looking here: https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1667293-2022-tracking-spreadsheet.html

• Like 1

On 10/30/2021 at 5:48 AM, ice-capades said:

I pass on the same information I get from Ford! Ford releases the information it wants to and misses or ignores a lot information that would make it a lot easier for Dealers and customers alike. It nothing new as Ford's communications have been terrible for years. In the past year, Ford's made the whole ordering and scheduling process much more complicated and time consuming. At the same time, Ford's seen a tremendous increase in retail customer orders, which they've encouraged, and the whole system is a mess! 

ice-capades. Supposedly I've been on a priority 2 since the beginning of September for a F250 Lariat Tremor. Should I of seen a response by now regarding a VIN? I've been in communication with the dealership and they haven't seen anything move on there end.