2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

4 hours ago, Mbrooks44 said:

Priority 2 only bumps you up in line at that specific dealer, not Ford overall. So, in theory it would help you get selected quicker, but many have been 2 for months and no change. 

Didn’t one of the mods say that the priority 02 is actually telling Ford to build ASAP? I don’t think it’s a dealer priority. I think it’s supposed to be a note for the factory to try to bump it up. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ardvark666 said:

Didn’t one of the mods say that the priority 02 is actually telling Ford to build ASAP? I don’t think it’s a dealer priority. I think it’s supposed to be a note for the factory to try to bump it up. 

Priority is always within the dealer’s allocation.  With COVP dealer allocation shouldn’t be an issue like it’s been in the past.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Imarkdirt said:

What can I do about a dealer who can't seem to get my truck from the rail yard to the dealership? Mine has been in transit since the 11th of October and sitting in a yard since the 25th. Northeast Alabama is where my dealer is and my truck is in Atlanta. He says mine is marked HOT and has been for 2 weeks. My order was placed 241 days ago.

E: I am working directly with the sales manager on this to boot. It's been the most frustrating experience ever. My house took less time to build than this truck.

Very little the dealer can do.

I've worked at Ford for a couple of decades, have quite an extensive list of contacts.  Mine was stuck at the rail yard and could not get it unstuck.  Even my dealer wanted to know how I was able to get some people stirred up.  As much as I wish it was something I did, in the end, it was pure luck of the draw that got it delivered.  Truck driver was given a sheet of vehicles to load on his truck, couldn't find a single one.  They gave him another stack of vehicles, couldn't find any of those.  My truck was in the 3rd batch, and he found my truck and one other.  I even had a contact inside the company providing security at the rail yard, and it did me zero good.

I find this CF very disturbing.

6 hours ago, Imarkdirt said:

What can I do about a dealer who can't seem to get my truck from the rail yard to the dealership? Mine has been in transit since the 11th of October and sitting in a yard since the 25th. Northeast Alabama is where my dealer is and my truck is in Atlanta. He says mine is marked HOT and has been for 2 weeks. My order was placed 241 days ago.

E: I am working directly with the sales manager on this to boot. It's been the most frustrating experience ever. My house took less time to build than this truck.

Have the dealer go and pick it up if you dont mind a few hundred or so miles put on it, my dealership did it for a buddy of mine.

And the dealership called me today and said my unit has arrived. 

350 cc lb srw, fx4, 6.7, spray on, console safe, deleted carpet, utt, lariat ultimate, 5th wheel prep. And other stuff.....

Ill be picking up tomorrow if all goes well.

Edited by Hamilton

3 hours ago, sjmcken81 said:

I think he forgot to put /S for sarcasm at the end.

You got me!   I was just trying to add a bit of levity.  I have been in the same boat since April 30 2021. I am as frustrated as anyone. I have not to my knowledge been bumped to priority 2.  

I’m with you brother…took it as levity/sarcasm.

I ordered a 21 in April, had Ford cancel mid-May, reordered a 22 late-May, been waiting ever since…Platinum F250 Tremor with AS, spray-in bedliner, and 5th Wheeling prep.

I feel the frustration of everyone, as much as myself.  On a positive note, our camping season is ending, so can wait until after New Years.

Still priorty 10, awaiting scheduling…hoping for a PCO for the hassle.

Keep the faith…we can laugh later, after getting and enjoying our trucks.

Scott 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hamilton said:

Have the dealer go and pick it up if you dont mind a few hundred or so miles put on it, my dealership did it for a buddy of mine.

And the dealership called me today and said my unit has arrived. 

350 cc lb srw, fx4, 6.7, spray on, console safe, deleted carpet, utt, lariat ultimate, 5th wheel prep. And other stuff.....

Ill be picking up tomorrow if all goes well.

I asked about that and the sales manager said it was almost as hard to do as getting it delivered.  Mach E added 4 more days just now.  Oh well.

2 hours ago, road turtle said:

Very little the dealer can do.

I've worked at Ford for a couple of decades, have quite an extensive list of contacts.  Mine was stuck at the rail yard and could not get it unstuck.  Even my dealer wanted to know how I was able to get some people stirred up.  As much as I wish it was something I did, in the end, it was pure luck of the draw that got it delivered.  Truck driver was given a sheet of vehicles to load on his truck, couldn't find a single one.  They gave him another stack of vehicles, couldn't find any of those.  My truck was in the 3rd batch, and he found my truck and one other.  I even had a contact inside the company providing security at the rail yard, and it did me zero good.

I find this CF very disturbing.

CF? Sorry I don't know that one. According to the sales manager mine is one of 28 vehicles in that yard to be delivered. All have been there weeks. He probably wants them as bad as I do.

6 hours ago, Imarkdirt said:

Yeah this appears to be one very large boat with people who have been left, how can we can we say this delicately..without much in the way of information regarding their orders or what they should do to place an order that can be built.  I honestly thought my March order would get built soon and that I would have a truck by August. Now it could be December if the Thanksgiving holiday gets in the way.

I just checked the Mach E (and Ford) tracker and it looks like Ford finally updated my delivery ETA. Of course, Ford didn't generate any sort of email informing me of the change. Originally it was estimated for delivery by 10/31 and now it's showing as 11/22.

My dealer confirmed my truck is sitting at the ramp in VA waiting to be loaded on a carrier for delivery so hopefully Ford's delivery estimate is a little more accurate than it was last time.

My dealer saw an issue a few years ago with getting vehicles from the rail yards... He now has a small private hot shot company do all the moves for his dealerships.... He can prioritize any vehicle for pick up since he has full control over the trucks...

We just took delivery of 3 2022 Super Duties, all 3 were delivered to dealer within the same week they were off loaded at the rail yard...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, sjmcken81 said:

I’m with you brother…took it as levity/sarcasm.

I ordered a 21 in April, had Ford cancel mid-May, reordered a 22 late-May, been waiting ever since…Platinum F250 Tremor with AS, spray-in bedliner, and 5th Wheeling prep.

I feel the frustration of everyone, as much as myself.  On a positive note, our camping season is ending, so can wait until after New Years.

Still priorty 10, awaiting scheduling…hoping for a PCO for the hassle.

Keep the faith…we can laugh later, after getting and enjoying our trucks.

Scott 

I feel your pain guys. I ordered 21 Lariat F250 Tremor everything other than AS January 16th and got canceled end of June and re ordered a 22 July 9th sitting on a priority 2 and haven't heard anything.  

I just looked at the Mach E tracker and it says that my truck is in production but the window sticker is not available at this time. And when I go to FTE and look at PhoenixFla tracking spread sheet it says in order process. Which one can I count on.

FTE just updated there spreadsheet and is says in production no sticker yet though probably soon to come.

Edited by JC2014
New information

6 hours ago, Hamilton said:

Was scheduled for delivery between today and the 22nd, hope you all get your rigs sooner than later.1146488590_Screenshot_20211116-023447_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.37ce362c4a3b823e3999e311b5fc19ef.jpg

Glad you got yours. My delivery has been pushed 3 times. Today was supposed to be the day. I was just informed its now Dec. 16th. :(

Edited by jhaber

Ordered a F250 Platinum 10/28. I called the dealer when I saw that the adaptive steering was going to cause a delay. She told me when she heard back from Ford she would remove it.

She called today, turns out that in addition to the steering there were other things that might cause delays. Star White, Short Bed, Gooseneck Prep, and widebody frame.

My question to the group, should I just remove the adaptive steering and wait or change the other items on the list?

I am confused by the wide body frame, she said that was essentially all trucks.

Thanks,

Billy

f250.png.691caeacf2f0632c1b6ea9b2082f6c88.png

Edited by menasco

13 minutes ago, menasco said:

Ordered a F250 Platinum 10/28. I called the dealer when I saw that the adaptive steering was going to cause a delay. She told me when she heard back from Ford she would remove it.

She called today, turns out that in addition to the steering there were other things that might cause delays. Star White, Short Bed, Gooseneck Prep, and widebody frame.

My question to the group, should I just remove the adaptive steering and wait of change the other items on the list?

I am confused by the wide body frame, she said that was essentially all trucks.

Thanks,

Billy

f250.png.691caeacf2f0632c1b6ea9b2082f6c88.png

Adaptive steering is a big one. First time ive heard star white being an issue or short box. There was some shortages on the fifth wheel prep kits but several trucks including mine have been scheduled since then with it.

Id drop Adaptive Steering and hope for the best. with an order date that recent i wouldn't expect anything in the near future. Mine just got picked up and was ordered beginning of june.

• Like 1

Hey guys new member here. Have been lurking for the last couple days. Hope I posted this on the correct thread, apologies in advance if I didn’t.  

I ordered a 250 Platinum 26-Oct 21 with AS, Spray In liner, 5th Wheel Prep. I received an order confirmation email the day I ordered from the dealer. Radio silence since then. 

I guess my question is more to prepare mentally more than anything, but what would be a general rule of thumb in terms of months of wait for the truck with these options? 

The follow up question being if removal of any option could potentially decrease the time? If so what option(s) would it be? 

Thanks