2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

56 minutes ago, TinManVT said:

My 250 Limited was built on 11/24. still shows in production. Dealer told me it is waiting for chips. 

Anyone else hearing this?

Yours is the first F250 Limited I’ve seen scheduled, let alone in production.

We have a decked out 7.3 F250 Platti Tremor on order since June still unscheduled.

When did you order?

450 limited with a bunch of options added at a priority 2 for months now. I would rather it not be built and sitting around so I’ll  wait and keep bugging my sales manager every week with any updates. I read all of Ices posts first then call the dealer to see if they are bullcrapping me and it’s always spot on with their info on it. It seems to me the factory is doing “runs”. It was lariat’s for a while and all of the window stickers this week seem to be one of the two white paints. Keep up all the great posts and I’ll be trolling and reading while I wait for a vin. 

My order was confirmed on 10/9

original schedule to be built week of 11/29

rescheduled to be built week of 11/22

Built on 11/24.

I have a vin and window sticker

Not finished the build because of xhips.

I thought we were past that no?

is there some special unique chips that go  on the Limited with all the cool stuff I am getting?

41 minutes ago, TinManVT said:

Built on 11/24.

is there some special unique chips that go  on the Limited with all the cool stuff I am getting?

Mine is a lariat with value package and mine is waiting for a chip also....

16 hours ago, bbqtruck said:

I got my window sticker this morning from my dealer.  I feel so much better now that the sticker is available.  It has only been 8 months.  I did notice the base price increase between my build sheet and the sticker.  I think the price on my build sheet is the price my dealer is going on.

image.thumb.png.16fc0596fc529d3861c5601b3bbdb5a4.png

Did you originally order as a 2021?

Tried to find info but cannot

i have a fleet order that’s A3. Supposedly being built next month. With no VIN yet.  Ordered May.  My dealer, whom I trust. But he says Ford is not giving him the confidence this last year to be able to assure anything…. The dealer says that by December 22, 2021. If my fleet order doesn’t have a VIN assigned , then it won’t be hilt anytime in January period and will be rescheduled     Which I get. 

but if it DOES get a VIN assignees by that date it’s supposed to get built a3 then.  Correct.  ? My problem is I have a truck that’s come up I could buy and just stop waiting but it is t exactly what I want.  Close but. If I just have to wait a little more that’s ok. But this not knowing …. Is maddening 

6 hours ago, TinManVT said:

My 250 Limited was built on 11/24. still shows in production. Dealer told me it is waiting for chips. 

Anyone else hearing this?

I call BS.  Send a note for detail tracking in the tracking subfora.  Everything is indicating Ford is not scheduling vehicles unless they have the components to build it.

1 hour ago, road turtle said:

I call BS.  Send a note for detail tracking in the tracking subfora.  Everything is indicating Ford is not scheduling vehicles unless they have the components to build it.

Apparently they didn't follow their own guidelines.   Saw the dealer tracker showing moved off site 11/26

waiting for chip.

6 hours ago, TinManVT said:

Built on 11/24.

Same situation here, Limited trim as well.  Seems there are several of us with a build week of 11/22 that are waiting for chips.  Which chip(s), how many etc. is unknown.  Did the chips fail to initialize in our vehicles?...unknown.  Why are they producing other trucks and not finishing ours?...unknown.  ?

3 hours ago, critter said:

Tried to find info but cannot

i have a fleet order that’s A3. Supposedly being built next month. With no VIN yet.  Ordered May.  My dealer, whom I trust. But he says Ford is not giving him the confidence this last year to be able to assure anything…. The dealer says that by December 22, 2021. If my fleet order doesn’t have a VIN assigned , then it won’t be hilt anytime in January period and will be rescheduled     Which I get. 

but if it DOES get a VIN assignees by that date it’s supposed to get built a3 then.  Correct.  ? My problem is I have a truck that’s come up I could buy and just stop waiting but it is t exactly what I want.  Close but. If I just have to wait a little more that’s ok. But this not knowing …. Is maddening 

Sounds like we are in the same boat. I have passed on two "almost like" trucks waiting on my order. The pickings are getting slim! My fleet discount is too big to give up so I will wait and see. But if Ford doesn't build my truck I'll never buy another Ford product. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, boarslayer said:

Windowsticker.thumb.jpg.d3e9281e6ec04c68a06e9d9118c925fc.jpg

I got my window sticker this morning.  Finally!!  I ordered 31 Mar and dropped AS in August.

It’s crazy that even after dropping AS it took that long to get you scheduled.  Your build is almost identical to mine, but I have AS.  I guess I’m in for a long wait.  

Edited by manko

1 hour ago, Beefmaster said:

Sounds like we are in the same boat. I have passed on two "almost like" trucks waiting on my order. The pickings are getting slim! My fleet discount is too big to give up so I will wait and see. But if Ford doesn't build my truck I'll never buy another Ford product. 

Man this only thing messing with me is this. I don’t know all the specifics of course but my dealer had Ford cancel 5 transits that were slated to build next week.  Just poof gone canceled.  Right. My fleet discount plus a rebate is still a few thousand below what a retail truck with x Plan is.   I think waiting until

December 22 might be the play I go with.  And if my fleet truck doesn’t get its VIN by then.  I’ll take this retail one and be done with the whole thing.  It’s literally only the carpet delete holding me up here. 

• Like 1

Talked to my nephew who works on the line at KTP, asked him about the reported chip shortage. He hasn't heard about that, but did say some trucks were being built without radios. Didn't say which model. Maybe, for simplicity's sake, they classify radios as "chip shortage" (my speculation, not his).

He also confirmed that running boards are installed on the line, and that the hood deflector and mudflaps are done off site.

I work for a Porsche dealer, specifically as a Pre-Owned Director. I want to share a little of my “chip shortage” knowledge, at least as it relates to our cars. 

First, “chip shortage” is a very generic term. There literally isn’t one single chip that’s the root cause. It really needs to be called a semi conductor shortage. 

in our cars over the past year, there was a batch of Cayennes that were built that they did not ship with the module that controls power tilt/telescopic functions of the steering wheel. Those vehicles were still shipped to the dealers and Porsche simply opened a campaign on those vehicles. Our temporary remedy was to use an extra module. We would literally plug in our module, allow the client to set the wheel position and then remove our module. After about 90 days, they began shipping the modules to us (and all dealers) for the cars we had sold. It was up to us as a dealer to get them into our clients cars. We sold 30 Cayenne that we had to address. We didn’t have a single complaint from clients regarding this. 

Ford definitely handles their manufacturing a whole lot different than Porsche does. We were communicated with, informed, and prepared (as a dealer) on how to handle. Ford, on the other hand, seems to just say “sorry, chip shortage” etc….which honestly, nobody here knows if that’s really true as we are all guessing based on rumor, not factory to dealer communication. 

I hope this helps….stay tuned for more info on differences in manufacturing that blows my mind. 

48 minutes ago, aguyindallas said:

...We sold 30 Cayenne that we had to address. We didn’t have a single complaint from clients regarding this...

Well, yeah....if you complain about your new Porsche for anything it will get repossessed and you are off the list to ever buy another Porsche, ever! Germans can get downright medieval on you.

Edited by twintornados
  • Haha 1