2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

Well first of all, Merry Christmas fellow Superduty owners. Just got the shipped email this morning. My truck was built on 12/21 and shipped today. Looks like they’re still shipping trucks through the holidays. Scheduled to be delivered between 1/7/22 - 1/13/22. For the guys who think their trucks won’t move until mid January, after the shut down, there still is hope. 

CDE51B6C-BD5E-4B32-A183-7F4BC1BD81E8.thumb.png.b6eff2ae633858fc0972ed47df1f9b8f.png

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Ford already provides an incentive to customers that place retail factory orders. 

If there was, my dealer didn't didn't mention such an incentive at the time of the order. Do you have any details on it Ice? By the way, I do want to thank you for the help you provide here in the forums. Being informed is the best tool we have to understand what's going on with our builds.

Edited by AtlasBlue350

On 12/23/2021 at 2:52 PM, Rcpd34 said:

So, my build date was 1/17/2022.  I checked the tracking site and found that I went into production on 12/21; almost a month early.  Dealer says this is due to a push to get trucks built and that Ford has reached an agreement with the Auto Workers Union to work through the holiday season except for Christmas Day.  Any truth to this or will my truck just sit for two weeks as expected?

image.png

Anyone know if there  is any truth to this?

4 hours ago, Rcpd34 said:

One of the KTP employees posted earlier that they were almost at full production the week before Christmas and next year, 1-shift is starting a week early on Jan 10th, then back to full production Jan 17th.

6 hours ago, Rcpd34 said:

I honestly doubt it. Their production schedule shows the plant shut down well after the 1st of the year, and the forum moderator mentioned up until January 17th. But I guess we would know for sure if a bunch of people started getting build notices next week. If that happens, please Ford, let mine be one of them :)

Jim58, what did you order? I'm on chip hold since 12/8 as well. Mine's a lowly XL STX 6.7 CCLB 4x4 with sync 3 and no common commodity items with known delays. Some people seem to have only been held up in "chip hold" for a few days and have already shipped. Mine - still sitting. 

1 hour ago, txsd6.2 said:

Jim58, what did you order? I'm on chip hold since 12/8 as well. Mine's a lowly XL STX 6.7 CCLB 4x4 with sync 3 and no common commodity items with known delays. Some people seem to have only been held up in "chip hold" for a few days and have already shipped. Mine - still sitting. 

I'm also on chip hold since 12/10.  F350 Platinum 6.7 FX4 no AS, no 5th wheel, no bed liner.  Some trucks are on hold for a few days, some not at all, and some (like ours) will be on hold for 6 weeks and counting. I cannot understand the randomness to how trucks are scheduled and built. I do process improvement and lean manufacturing techniques for a living, I'd love to know more about how and why this production scheduling system works like it does.  It feels like a ton of waste with all the WIP and excess transportation not to mention capital tied up.  There has to be more pieces to the puzzle. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, marinerjoe said:

Merry Christmas Ice!

I’m curious as to the nature of the incentives.

As I've posted in several replies to others. I've gone crazy trying to find the information on the factory order incentives that they were offering. Unfortunately, trying to use the search function at the FMCDealer.com portal is an effort in futility!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

I've gone crazy trying to find the information on the factory order incentives that they were offering. Unfortunately, trying to use the search function at the FMCDealer.com portal is an effort in futility!

Thanks for trying Ice! I know if you find it, you’ll post it.

On another forum it has been suggested that Ford consider rethinking their order fulfillment process as we are in an unprecedented time. With many thousands of outstanding orders going back almost a year, maybe Ford should ditch the allocation and priority system until the backlog clears, and start scheduling and producing trucks on a “first in, first out” basis, depending on commodity availability.  At least it would be a process that all of us could understand.

13 minutes ago, marinerjoe said:

On another forum it has been suggested that Ford consider rethinking their order fulfillment process as we are in an unprecedented time. With many thousands of outstanding orders going back almost a year, maybe Ford should ditch the allocation and priority system until the backlog clears, and start scheduling and producing trucks on a “first in, first out” basis, depending on commodity availability.  At least it would be a process that all of us could understand.

Although the scheduling system gets involved, it really does work if Dealers manage their USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank), assign the appropriate priority codes, monitor the status of their unscheduled retail orders, pay attention to the commodity restraint information, scheduling notes available and communicate with their customers. If orders are prioritized correctly, they will get scheduled in the order placed. It's the commodity, supplier and plant constraints that are causing more of a problem than usual because of the retail order volume. The scheduling process is incredibly complex considering the number of packages and options available and the combination of components, etc. that have to be available for each order's vehicle specifications. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, marinerjoe said:

The holdup is parts not allocation or priority.  Changing it won’t magically make parts appear.

3 hours ago, marinerjoe said:

Earlier this year Ford was offering $1,000 rebate for those that ordered, ........ but that dried up a bit ago.

image.thumb.png.2f9e83fd70afe4252b6d6af093ffa388.png 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, akirby said:

The holdup is parts not allocation or priority.  Changing it won’t magically make parts appear.

Understood.  But if parts are not an issue (I.e. not on the limited availability list published here), with identical or extremely similar  builds (trim level, engine, options, etc), I have a hard time seeing orders from November being scheduled, built, and delivered while September or August or earlier are still awaiting scheduling (“clean”).