2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

So i ordered a 2022 f250 KR with ultimate package on December 17th. I know i ordered a bad time due to Christmas right around the corner. People also said it’s more of a pool to get picked. But figured since i went with a higher profitable model i may get the eta sooner then others ordering XLs and XLTs is there an update as of now for trucks waiting to be built and or anyone have an idea on when i may get scheduled? 

31 minutes ago, Beefmaster said:

I ordered a basic F350 XL bed delete 6.2 gas DRW on June 7. Only thing "fancy" was the 8" radio. I do not have a VIN and my original build week was the 1st week in December. However since I ordered using a fleet program my order goes to the back of the line behind all the retail orders. I was not told this when I ordered my truck in June. So if anyone ordered using a fleet discount you have a greater chance of being cancelled by Ford. I have been following this forum since early July and I have noticed most of the trucks being made are the high dollar models. I have not noticed any XLs or XLTs. It appears Ford is only making the models with the highest profit margins. 

You can't have an "original build week" and not have a VIN number if it's scheduled, unless the "original build week" you referenced is actually the Fleet Priority Code which is a "Desired Production Date" for fleet orders. 

23 minutes ago, Max4wKR said:

So i ordered a 2022 f250 KR with ultimate package on December 17th. I know i ordered a bad time due to Christmas right around the corner. People also said it’s more of a pool to get picked. But figured since i went with a higher profitable model i may get the eta sooner then others ordering XLs and XLTs is there an update as of now for trucks waiting to be built and or anyone have an idea on when i may get scheduled? 

Part of it depends on your Priority Code, how many other Super Duty orders your dealership has ahead of yours and what commodity restraints may impact the scheduling of your order. 

12 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

Part of it depends on your Priority Code, how many other Super Duty orders your dealership has ahead of yours and what commodity restraints may impact the scheduling of your order. 

Is that something I’d have to contact the dealership about? 

24 minutes ago, Max4wKR said:

Is that something I’d have to contact the dealership about? 

Yes, the dealership has all that information. The dealership should have also attached your e-mail address to your order in the WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system so that you can receive e-mail updates from Ford. Ford's e-mail communications provide limited information and are not sent out on a timely basis in many cases. In addition, your Dealer should have submitted a signed Buyer's Order and a copy of your Driver's License along with the order information to the COVP (Customer Order Verification Program). Once verified, your order will be eligible for incremental allocation and priority scheduling. Otherwise, your order will require regular allocation in order to get scheduled.  

WBDO_Retail Customer E-Mail.jpg

Edited by ice-capades
Additional content

38 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

You can't have an "original build week" and not have a VIN number if it's scheduled, unless the "original build week" you referenced is actually the Fleet Priority Code which is a "Desired Production Date" for fleet orders. 

I used the wrong term. Excuse me. I was given a priority code of M1 when I placed the order. At that time my salesman told me to expect the truck sometime in Jan 2022. 

18 minutes ago, Beefmaster said:

I used the wrong term. Excuse me. I was given a priority code of M1 when I placed the order. At that time my salesman told me to expect the truck sometime in Jan 2022. 

No problem! You should check with your Dealer for the current status information. I'd recommend talking directly to the Fleet Manager as very few sales representatives are experienced with the fleet order process. 

38 minutes ago, catastrofe said:

Other than the VVR, does a dealer have any other vehicle (pun intended) to follow up on the status of an order?  Is there a factory/plant contact they can interface with if they have concerns or issues?

regional or zone Ford rep.

55 minutes ago, catastrofe said:

Other than the VVR, does a dealer have any other vehicle (pun intended) to follow up on the status of an order?  Is there a factory/plant contact they can interface with if they have concerns or issues?

In addition to akirby's post...

• The Ford Zone Manager is going to access the same Vehicle Visibility report information that the Dealer can access 24/7. The Zone Manager may have access to other information at the regional office, but the order status information is going to be the same across the Ford systems. 
  • Ford Dealer's no longer have access to the VOPC (Vehicle Order Processing Center) or to any plant personnel. VOPC access was discontinued years ago. Dealers now must submit an online form to the VOPC for assistance.  

14 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

In addition to akirby's post...

• The Ford Zone Manager is going to access the same Vehicle Visibility report information that the Dealer can access 24/7. The Zone Manager may have access to other information at the regional office, but the order status information is going to be the same across the Ford systems. 
  • Ford Dealer's no longer have access to the VOPC (Vehicle Order Processing Center) or to any plant personnel. VOPC access was discontinued years ago. Dealers now must submit an online form to the VOPC for assistance.  

Thank you.

To anyone that's interested in reading. My experience with ordering has been one of a learning process. I'm sure everyone else is learning including the Dealers and Ford. 

My original order was place with Dealer A on March 22nd for a F250 Platinum with pretty much every feature including Spay in bed liner and AS. I made it perfectly clear I wanted my email address place on the order so I would get confirmation but never received anything. I called back to make sure it was added and was told they don't give Ford the emails because of spam, however I insisted that the manager add it and he said he did but never received any emails. I preceded to confirm my order with the Ford Marketing number and the order was in fact placed on the March 22nd. At the point of ordering it was a Priority order #19, Type Retail with my number under the customer field according to the order I signed. BTW, also gave them a $1000 deposit. After numerous calls to the Ford Marketing Department I decided to call the dealer A to see if my priority number changed and it was changed to #10 around the August (not sure of the exact date) Was told it was unscheduled and clean.

Around the end of September I received a call asking me to drop AS but decided against doing so because I was in a position where I could wait for the truck, this was also the time Dealer A  told me that Ford dropped my Priority number to #02.     

I have been following this forum since March 16th so I know there have been a lot of trucks similar or just like mine that was ordered, built and delivered all after mine was originally ordered. Frustration started setting in!!! Started asking myself if this was a Allocation issue, Dealer issue or possibly a Ford issue. So at this point started calling around and talked to a veteran sales guy referred to me by a friend. He stated he could have my truck to me in 6-8 weeks. I wanted to see if this was true so I decided to place the exact same truck with all the same options with Dealer B on September 20th Explained to them I wanted email confirmation and received the Ford email the very next day. (still haven't received any emails from Dealer A)  No Deposit was even ask for. Also, to note I sent a copy of my Drivers License to Dealer A  on June 9th.   On November 16th I received a text from Dealer A stating the spray in bed liner is a commodity issue and we can get the truck schedule if its removed so I did.  Ironically enough I received an email from Ford regarding my truck I ordered from Dealer B stating that my truck was scheduled for production the week of January 24th "As Order" did not have to delete anything. Still nothing from Dealer A other than deleting an option. December 3rd I decided to call Dealer A and add my spay in bed liner back to my order since I knew that the other order had it and was already scheduled but was told  they couldn't add it back in because it had been schedule (never received an email stating this) for the week of January  31st. A week later than the other ordered from Dealer B on Sept. 9th. On December 14th I received a text from Dealer A stating my Truck build was pushed back to the following week of February 7th. As for as i know the Dealer B order is still being built the week of January 24th. 

My thoughts are: (I wanted to add that I was told by both dealers that they were going to give me Plan X pricing because of my affiliation)

Allocation issue. Dealer B sales more trucks so they get more retail orders than Dealer A

Pricing and profit strategy on behalf of Dealer A. I'm getting Plan X pricing so I keep getting pushed back because the dealer is making more money on full retail price orders.

I don't know of any other reasons than one's above but if anyone else has an input. Let me know. Also, I'm about to have 2 trucks and will be more than willing to sell one for the $1000 deposit plus any sales tax implications that might apply. I'm pretty sure that either dealer will be happy to place it on their showroom floor and sell it for above list price. 

• Like 1

My order went into production 11/30, updated to built on 12/7 and got shipping notification 12/9. Hasn’t been updated since and my ETA changed from 12/27 to 1/2. My dealer says they won’t know when it’s coming until it arrives. I’m assuming it may be on chip hold or something since it’s been almost 4 weeks since I received the shipping notification. 

4 hours ago, 1972Mach1 said:

1st order was placed June 24th. F350 SCSB 4x4 Lariat value, 5th wheel prep, sport, spray in, AS

2nd, November 19th.F250 CCSB 4x4 Lariat Ultimate, Headlights, HCTTP, AC, sport

Not one peep on either other than order confirmed.

I ordereda F450 XLT April 19th and I still don't have a build date ? 

4 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Yes, the dealership has all that information. The dealership should have also attached your e-mail address to your order in the WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system so that you can receive e-mail updates from Ford. Ford's e-mail communications provide limited information and are not sent out on a timely basis in many cases. In addition, your Dealer should have submitted a signed Buyer's Order and a copy of your Driver's License along with the order information to the COVP (). Once verified, your order will be eligible for incremental allocation and priority scheduling. Otherwise, your order will require regular allocation in order to get scheduled.  

WBDO_Retail Customer E-Mail.jpg

So i received the email saying it was confirmed and i filled out the COVP But i have it on paper i don’t have an email version of it. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Max4wKR said:

So i received the email saying it was confirmed and i filled out the COVP But i have it on paper i don’t have an email version of it. 

If you received an e-mail confirmation from Ford, then your e-mail is attached to the order. Regarding COVP, the customer doesn't fill anything out as the Buyer's Order and Driver's License, along with the order information, is submitted by the Dealer. The COVP program is an internal system at Ford. 

17 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

If you received an e-mail confirmation from Ford, then your e-mail is attached to the order. Regarding COVP, the customer doesn't fill anything out as the Buyer's Order and Driver's License, along with the order information, is submitted by the Dealer. The COVP program is an internal system at Ford. 

The dealer gave me this. 

3ABC9C9C-F22B-416A-B0B3-14F011F9F6B2.jpeg

Ordered new F350 Plat on 8/28, Got email confirmation same day from Ford. On 10/6 deleted vehicle vault safe and added A/S. Salesman said all changes went through without any problems. Finally got email on 11/16 that it was scheduled for week of 12/13 plus vin#. When I was able to pull window sticker up noticed changes were not made. Any ideas if the window sticker is correct? Sales person is confused why changes are not noted on window sticker, as am I. Truck still says it is in production and the build date on the window sticker has changed 3 times now. Probably will change again this week with the KTP shutdown. Wondering if anyone else experienced a similar problem.

31 minutes ago, F350 PLAT LB SRW said:

Ordered new F350 Plat on 8/28, Got email confirmation same day from Ford. On 10/6 deleted vehicle vault safe and added A/S. Salesman said all changes went through without any problems. Finally got email on 11/16 that it was scheduled for week of 12/13 plus vin#. When I was able to pull window sticker up noticed changes were not made. Any ideas if the window sticker is correct? Sales person is confused why changes are not noted on window sticker, as am I. Truck still says it is in production and the build date on the window sticker has changed 3 times now. Probably will change again this week with the KTP shutdown. Wondering if anyone else experienced a similar problem.

There's no build date on window sticker. 

34 minutes ago, F350 PLAT LB SRW said:

The Window Sticker and Dealer Invoice are created just before the vehicle goes into production. It sounds like changes to the order were submitted after the vehicle was "locked in" which has been happening earlier than usual the past year due to the many factors affecting scheduling and plant operations. Changes to scheduled orders are sent to the plant for approval and, if rejected because the order is "locked in", the vehicle is produced with the last accepted specifications.  

17 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

Okay. The left page is part of the Vehicle Visibility report. The COVP page is the approval notice that the Dealer receives from Ford. 

Okay, but This doesn’t show if it’s on priority or not right? I figured since it’s still a KR I’m paying $85k i figured that’s a good chunk of change to make it be faster lol.