2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

Placed an order 12-4-21 for a F350 7.3 crew cab, 8’ bed, Lariat ultimate package with extra’s, not a 4x4, no sunroof, added camper and trailer package, two tone silver and carbonized accent, plus 397 amp alternator, 2 batteries, 3.73 ele. Locking axle. No adaptive cruise or bed coating.

12-9-21 received email from Ford that the truck is scheduled for build on January 31st week, came with the VIN number. I’m in shock that I received this so fast, the dealer had told me that it would take 4-5 months.

Trading in my 17 F250 crew cab, 4x4, 6.5 bed 6.7 diesel with 49K, the new truck came in at 66,650.00 Trade is -61K, 500.00 of for military and I had a coupon for 2500.00 off of the order. So I’m paying them 2,650.00 for the new truck.

After hearing about the delays on this site, should I expect delays?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TinManVT said:

Can anyone tell me where my truck is? 

Here is what I know 

Status today from the ultra helpful cyberdman - In Transit -  Received    Ramp 6P, Kansas City Mc, MO    Dec-31-2021, 08:07 CT

I am thinking that means it was received in KC on New Years Eve

Sticker says Ramp one -CA6P - which correlates to Jack Cooper and palsapp.com

i go there plug in my VIN and get this: Origin - Kentucky Plant, Destination - BLANK, Destination Name - null, Freight bill # - 0691775808, VIN - my number and Status Pending.

Does that mean it's in the rail yard since 12/31 and waiting for transport to Iowa? 

Thanks

Maybe. It may have already Left and the VVR did not update. Mine was showing "arrived" in Illinois until it updated to "arrived" in Vancouver, BC(2200 miles away). Never got a Departure scan or any intermediate ones.

Edited by mattdm

19 minutes ago, Beefmaster said:

So here is a question for the folks in the know. Can any salesman at your dealership look up your order status? In my case, I have a fleet order but can any salesman (retail) at that dealership look my order up and give me an update on it? 

Yes, They have the most up to date information available on your order. Ask for a "Vehicle Visibility Report"(it will probably be a picture or a screen shot).

Edited by mattdm

1 hour ago, mattdm said:

Maybe. It may have already Left and the VVR did not update. Mine was showing "arrived" in Illinois until it updated to "arrived" in Vancouver, BC(2200 miles away). Never got a Departure scan or any intermediate ones.

This gives me a little hope.  My rig has been sitting in Chicago since noon on 1/2/22.  Maybe it's in transit without it not updating.

TTGX 980762

Order:  2143

Vin:  1FT8W3BN1NED14018  

Edited by 22KRTremor
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, PKL131 said:

Received the your truck has been built e-mail on 12/21.  Shipped email came the following day with estimated delivery between 1/1 and 1/7.   It never showed up ?

You should check the Ford tracking website. It will have an ETA listed there that may have been changed from the original ETA shown on the email. My ETA was 1/7 - 1/13 but I just checked the Ford tracking website and it now says my ETA is 1/15. My truck is going to Florida and was supposedly also shipped 12/21

5 hours ago, 22KRTremor said:

This gives me a little hope.  My rig has been sitting in Chicago since noon on 1/2/22.  Maybe it's in transit without it not updating.

TTGX 980762

Yours has been moving. It just got changed to a different rail company which is why tracking probably stopped. It arrived in Cottage Grove on the 5th at 1:45AM, so it should be on a truck to the dealer any day now. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, 22KRTremor said:

TTGX 980762

Your's and mine might be riding together on the same train going west. Mine has been in Chicago since the 31st and heading for Washington state.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, FL Lariat Driver said:

You should check the Ford tracking website. It will have an ETA listed there that may have been changed from the original ETA shown on the email. My ETA was 1/7 - 1/13 but I just checked the Ford tracking website and it now says my ETA is 1/15. My truck is going to Florida and was supposedly also shipped 12/21

Mine shipped 12/9 coming to GA with 12/27 ETA. Keeps getting pushed back and is now 1/13. Not sure if the date on the tracker means anything at this point. 

13 hours ago, Sceve said:

Yours has been moving. It just got changed to a different rail company which is why tracking probably stopped. It arrived in Cottage Grove on the 5th at 1:45AM, so it should be on a truck to the dealer any day now. 

That's awesome to hear!  Thank you!

15 hours ago, FL Lariat Driver said:

Thanks - I just checked it and the estimated date is still 1/07.  It’s going to South Carolina.  Fingers crossed it will get here soon. 

Anyone know of dealers selling any F250 inventory for MSRP.  Seems most are at 5K over that I can find online.  I can get one ordered at invoice but its a 4-6 month wait.  Actually ordered a F150 with Max Towing in November but wondering if a F250 would be better to tow my 11,000 surf boat (I know it would).  That said I don't want to pay an ADM.  I won't need the truck for about 2-3 months anyway in the winter and maybe supply opens up but for MSRP Id probably pull the trigger now and cancel my ordered F150.  Looking for Tremor, Plat or Limited 

I've been tracking my order on the ford site since getting the email stating the truck was in production 12/20/21. When tracking via ford I normally get a response that the truck is in production, today the page replied with  "We're sorry. We are unable to process this Order. Please enter a valid Ford Order/VIN."

Is this just a ford website issue?

790928806_ScreenShot2022-01-09at11_36_21AM.thumb.png.974e88efd6d46372888ff5a5020108af.png

12 minutes ago, menasco said:

I've been tracking my order on the ford site since getting the email stating the truck was in production 12/20/21. When tracking via ford I normally get a response that the truck is in production, today the page replied with  "We're sorry. We are unable to process this Order. Please enter a valid Ford Order/VIN."

Is this just a ford website issue?

790928806_ScreenShot2022-01-09at11_36_21AM.thumb.png.974e88efd6d46372888ff5a5020108af.png

Yeah, the tracking site has issues pretty often it seems. 

1 hour ago, asull85 said:

I haven’t been able to track my order since 12/22. It just loops back to the order number/VIN page.

I have had that happen too, this was new. I tried a couple other vin's I found and had the same response. Has to be a ford issue.

4 hours ago, asull85 said:

I haven’t been able to track my order since 12/22. It just loops back to the order number/VIN page.

Try clearing the browser cache if you know how to do this. If not, when you are on the order tracking page, hold down the shift key and push F5, or hold down the shit key and click the refresh button with your mouse. That should force a cache reset. Final option is to try a different browser like Edge, Chrome, or whatever.