2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

12 minutes ago, benpack61 said:

While I agree, I don't know if it counts because you changed the order.

No, that's literally what Ice was responding about.

On 12/16/2021 at 1:41 PM,  yorid said: 

ice-capades If I remove a item from my build will they be able to charge the $1295 since the order was changed?

On 12/17/2021 at 9:00 AM,  ice-capades said: 

The retail price protection still applies

• Like 1

On 12/26/2021 at 12:40 PM, akirby said:

Allotment isn’t an issue with COVP orders.  The question you need to ask is how many orders are ahead of you with each particular dealer.

On 12/27/2021 at 7:03 PM, Rangers09 said:

When at priority 2, when making changes to an order, they have to be made by the Ford Regional Office, or your priority returns to 10.

I have a F-450 KR with Ultimate package (includes the massage seats). The power running boards were not standard on my KR - Note: mine is a Canadian truck, so the US options may be different. Might want to check with the 22MY SD Order Guide as to the standard option for KR running boards. In the top menu, they are the 3rd tab from the left.

On 12/31/2021 at 9:02 PM, IUEC135ELEVATOR said:

20211231_211032.jpg

20211231_211002.jpg

This is the Q tower system which is permanently attached and the new style is their base system which is just as heavy duty but you can leave it permanently attached as I have or remove them quick and easy.  In case you do want to drive into somewhere that may give you a clearance problem.

The Q system I think is stronger because it uses the round bars, but the newer system looks more modern and sleek.

Thule has two different systems out Pharma and seen them in person they look great but I think they are kind of flimsy body part that attaches around the doors, the rest of it is pretty cool and innovative/ modular. That when seeing it in person it just doesn't have that " it's not going anywhere" kind of feel oh, but that's just my opinion.

20211231_210949.jpg

On 1/6/2022 at 1:57 AM, AtlasBlue350 said:

If you ordered your truck on or before December 7th, and you have paperwork to prove it, then you are under Ford's Price Protection:

"Automatic Price protection will be provided on: Firm 2022 model fleet, retail, and demonstrator orders signed and dated on or before December 7, 2021 and received by Ford Motor Company on or before December 11, 2021".

Since my truck was ordered back in September, I would like to see my dealer try to spring this on me.

21 minutes ago, Forderorder said:

No, that's literally what Ice was responding about.

On 12/16/2021 at 1:41 PM,  yorid said: 

ice-capades If I remove a item from my build will they be able to charge the $1295 since the order was changed?

On 12/17/2021 at 9:00 AM,  ice-capades said: 

The retail price protection still applies

12 minutes ago, Denao_53 said:

How about if you change trim levels?

Probably best to let the experts respond, but from what I've heard, dealers cannot change "body code" of an existing order and it has to be submitted as a new order.  If that is the case, you wouldn't meet the criteria for price protection since the new order would be submitted after Ford's price increases.

2 hours ago, benpack61 said:

Well guys, got the dreaded email today. 

Thinking about taking off my 5th prep and leaving BAP on and hope for the best. Don't care for the sport appearance package and only other trim I'd go for is the King Ranch.

Screenshot_20220117-141526_Outlook.jpg

My dealer confirmed this, I just removeD the Tonneau cover And am hoping for the best on keeping the fifth wheel and blackout package. 

30 minutes ago, Forderorder said:

Probably best to let the experts respond, but from what I've heard, dealers cannot change "body code" of an existing order and it has to be submitted as a new order.  If that is the case, you wouldn't meet the criteria for price protection since the new order would be submitted after Ford's price increases.

I‘m hoping Ice-capades might respond.

30 minutes ago, Rabbit01 said:

My dealer confirmed this, I just removeD the Tonneau cover And am hoping for the best on keeping the fifth wheel and blackout package. 

For what it is worth...  I ordered F350 7.3 Lariat with 5th wheel prep on 11/12.  I did not have any of items on the list except the 5th wheel prep.  I received the email on 1/13 that my build week is 2/28.  Hopefully nothing changes.  I did not want to give up the 5th wheel prep.

On 1/16/2022 at 9:20 PM, danielj said:

Maybe private sale. If you have a friend or family that will buy it for trade value + 6%. Why give the dealer trying to screw you already a killer deal on your truck. 

I guess it depends on if you want a fast sale or not. 

On 1/16/2022 at 9:26 PM, Tom3 said:

Try selling to another dealer. Doesn't have to be a Ford dealer. Carmax??  Just remember not trading in for the new truck will increase your taxes on the sale so account for that difference.

Those are both great ideas. I did consider a private sale but really didn't want to deal with the tire kickers, those who want it for the price of a wrecked car, or who can't qualify for a loan after I've held the truck for a week waiting on their bank approval. It does chap my a$$ to give the dealer even more profit after I've been jerked around but it also is an easy way out of the truck for me.

I also explored the CarMax and Carvana alternatives but surprisingly their appraisals were within $1,700 of the dealer's initial offer and as was mentioned, that difference wasn't enough to cover the extra sales tax I would owe paying full price with no trade. Another thing to consider, at least here in Florida, is the registration and titling costs are higher if there is a new vehicle added rather than just transferring from a trade-in vehicle and that is on top of the extra sales tax..

And after I went silent for two days, my salesman must have been getting worried I was going to bail so he said he "convinced the sales manager to up the trade in offer". I had already told him what I would accept so it made it easy for them to "guess" the right number. I actually didn't expect them to increase their trade number because I figured I didn't really have any leverage but I guess they saw it was my birthday today and felt sorry for me! So I got a big birthday present that will get picked up Tuesday or Wednesday (schedules allowing).

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, FL Lariat Driver said:

Those are both great ideas. I did consider a private sale but really didn't want to deal with the tire kickers, those who want it for the price of a wrecked car, or who can't qualify for a loan after I've held the truck for a week waiting on their bank approval. It does chap my a$$ to give the dealer even more profit after I've been jerked around but it also is an easy way out of the truck for me.

I also explored the CarMax and Carvana alternatives but surprisingly their appraisals were within $1,700 of the dealer's initial offer and as was mentioned, that difference wasn't enough to cover the extra sales tax I would owe paying full price with no trade. Another thing to consider, at least here in Florida, is the registration and titling costs are higher if there is a new vehicle added rather than just transferring from a trade-in vehicle and that is on top of the extra sales tax..

And after I went silent for two days, my salesman must have been getting worried I was going to bail so he said he "convinced the sales manager to up the trade in offer". I had already told him what I would accept so it made it easy for them to "guess" the right number. I actually didn't expect them to increase their trade number because I figured I didn't really have any leverage but I guess they saw it was my birthday today and felt sorry for me! So I got a big birthday present that will get picked up Tuesday or Wednesday (schedules allowing).

At least they increased the trade in. We all know they are going to charge way more just because they can. 

• Like 1

Anyone else getting “We're sorry. We are unable to process this Order. Please enter a valid Ford Order/VIN” on the tracker? Truck’s been in transit for 5 weeks and was in GA last update. Received an email from ford stating that the ETA has been updated again but this time it shows a completely different dealer that it’s being delivered to in another state. Seems odd ?

On 1/16/2022 at 10:52 PM, Rangers09 said:

Same here, even before the order was submitted, we agreed trade-in value and the net cost of the new truck, including all documentation costs and taxes. All on paper and signed.

Wow, you got trade in offer also?  That rocks!  My dealer told me they "couldn't" do that until closer to the delivery date.  As it turns out, I sold my truck outright anyway.  Made a KILLING on it.  ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CBears said:

Wow, you got trade in offer also?  That rocks!  My dealer told me they "couldn't" do that until closer to the delivery date.  As it turns out, I sold my truck outright anyway.  Made a KILLING on it.  ?

Same here dealer said they couldn’t make a trade offer until closer to delivery.

Sold my Raptor outright made a profit, but won’t be able to use the sales tax exclusion provided by my state for trade in value.

Still will come out ahead but not as much as I would have liked. 

• Like 1

My dealer bought my truck back in September and agreed to do the sales tax deal whenever that time comes. 

which brings up my question. 

according to the email on options to drop…..with the 450 wheels/tires being on there, is it safe to assume 450 production is greatly delayed?

2 hours ago, NoPistons said:

I'd say...yep!

Ordered F450 June 1st. Still no VIN or Schedule info.

I don't have any of the original conflicts either (AS, BL, TC etc)

I ordered Aug 27, received VIN and initial build date of 12/23. It’s been showing “in production “ since 12/14 or so. Dealer hasn’t updated and they didn’t enter my email when ordered so…..

5 hours ago, CBears said:

One of the benefits of dealing with the same sales manager for over 15 yrs. I could have kept the old truck until the new one arrived, but based on our relationship, he knew I would hand it over as soon as we finished using it for camping.

It's all about trust and knowing your customer. 

Since my old truck was a F-350 DRW 6.7 4x2, it would have had a fairly limited market. Although we rarely need 4-wheel drive locally, every truck ordered comes 4x4. When I factor in the sales tax saving from the trade-in, I most likely got more from the dealer than I could privately.

• Like 1

Hey guys. New to the forum and this process. Thank you for adding me. I ordered a f250 lariat diesel back in December 16 I got the ford motor company acknowledgment email. But nothing else since then. I know a lot of you have been waiting a long time. Dealer already called me and recommended to remove the bedliner which I did. It says I’m a priority 12. What should I expect. And what can I do as far as getting the best deal  Thank you in advance 

80D484C6-0628-410E-AE73-0F0F0189509C.thumb.jpeg.0ff53bb6f6829f4746f78251d1faf88d.jpeg

Edited by Joshkbird
Adding more information

Totally new to the group. Glad I found you guys.

I placed my order on October 4th and got a vin number and production date on 11/16. Original production date was January 17th BUT on 12/27 I got another email pushing my build date to the week of Jan 31st. Today on the tv I saw that Ford was closing their plants for a couple of weeks and that got me concerned that my truck is going to get delayed again.

Something else interesting is that I used to have a window sticker and now I don't.

I ordered a 2022 F250 Diesel, Tremor pkg, BOP, 5th wheel pkg, bedliner, lariat ultimate, moonroof, in antimatter blue.

If my truck pushes into a March delivery will they stamp it as a 2023?

5 hours ago, Joshkbird said:

Hey guys. New to the forum and this process. Thank you for adding me. I ordered a f250 lariat diesel back in December 16 I got the ford motor company acknowledgment email. But nothing else since then. I know a lot of you have been waiting a long time. Dealer already called me and recommended to remove the bedliner which I did. It says I’m a priority 12. What should I expect. And what can I do as far as getting the best deal  Thank you in advance 

Welcome to the forum. May want to consider dropping the tonneau cover, as they are easily installed once you get the truck.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, aguyindallas said:

Still waiting and hoping for a VIN soon, but I did get a 2500.00 private cash offer today in the mail. 

I wish I would get a private cash offer. Lol 

My first Ford truck and all the signs show that if they don't build my truck. If anyone asks why I didn't buy a Ford. I can tell them that I made a solid effort and they refused. Lol ?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Joshkbird said:

I agree. The tonneau cover is extremely easy to install after you get your truck. And it will hold up your order for sure. Will add weeks or months to your order. Without it.... It looks like your build would be easy picking for scheduling.