2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

Hello everyone. I'm new to the Forum, and its been great so far. I ordered my F-250 Lariat on Dec. 7th, and all I have received is my confirmation email from Ford. I called the dealer today to see if he had any updates, and was told F-250 production was halted momentarily. Has anyone heard about this? They told me to be patient that it could take up to 6 months for my order to complete. Are they even going to be producing 22's in 6 months, or will I have to re-order a 23? This is my first time ordering a vehicle, so I'm not quite sure of the process. 

I have a question for any dealer employees. What’s to prevent a dealer from taking my deposit and ordering my truck and then purposely tanking my xplan deal so that they can sell it for 10k more on their lot? I ordered over the summer and my xplan price is saved on my phone (it should be 62899) but the salesman was weird and told me that my xplan price would be finalized once the truck arrived. Now im starting to think that he is full of it. Truck scheduled to be built in 2 weeks and I have that feeling that they aren’t going to be legit with me. Maybe im

just paranoid but I keep running into people who tell me that they got a super duty for 5k over msrp. The market hasn’t exactly cooled off with that nonsense. 

58 minutes ago, ardvark666 said:

I have a question for any dealer employees. What’s to prevent a dealer from taking my deposit and ordering my truck and then purposely tanking my xplan deal so that they can sell it for 10k more on their lot? I ordered over the summer and my xplan price is saved on my phone (it should be 62899) but the salesman was weird and told me that my xplan price would be finalized once the truck arrived. Now im starting to think that he is full of it. Truck scheduled to be built in 2 weeks and I have that feeling that they aren’t going to be legit with me. Maybe im

just paranoid but I keep running into people who tell me that they got a super duty for 5k over msrp. The market hasn’t exactly cooled off with that nonsense. 

If you signed an order agreement with the price and paid a deposit that is a legal binding sale agreement.

I had the same (unfounded) fear as well that somehow they would try sabotage the deal at the final hour, but it was certainly not the case in my experience, Price never even came up during delivery, just signed the finance paperwork which had all the same numbers on it that I agreed to originally. My truck was even on their website for awhile with a 20k market adjustment ?.

Edited by mattdm

26 minutes ago, mattdm said:

If you signed an order agreement with the price and paid a deposit that is a legal binding sale agreement.

I had the same (unfounded) fear as well that somehow they would try sabotage the deal at the final hour, but it was certainly not the case in my experience, Price never even came up during delivery, just signed the finance paperwork which had all the same numbers on it that I agreed to originally. My truck was even on their website for awhile with a 20k market adjustment ?.

The dealer needs to sign it; not just you.

• Like 1

I don’t think dealers are going to intentionally screw over buyers as they could get caught up in legal issues and also jeopardize their own reputation, it’s just bad business.  However, I don’t think these dealers mind one bit if buyers decide to opt out on delivery because they can sell these trucks for way more when that happens.

Unfortunately it’s dealers that are praying on the weak. If you’re uninformed you’ll always get taken advantage of . from their perspective (dealer) it doesn’t hurt to try sometimes they’ll be able to make a higher profit from a naïve customer and sometimes the informed customer wont let the dealer get away with it

Edited by KidNick

12 hours ago, Fordnovice88 said:

If my truck pushes into a March delivery will they stamp it as a 2023?

No matter when they build it, it will be a 2022 model year.  If it's delayed too long, say June/July time frame, then you could be forced into reordering a '23 MY.  Mid summer is usually when the SD plant switches model year.  Don't know if Ford has announced the timing of '23 yet.

39 minutes ago, road turtle said:

No matter when they build it, it will be a 2022 model year.  If it's delayed too long, say June/July time frame, then you could be forced into reordering a '23 MY.  Mid summer is usually when the SD plant switches model year.  Don't know if Ford has announced the timing of '23 yet.

Ford hasn't announced the timelines for the 2022MY > 2023MY changeover for any vehicle lines yet. However, since all the 2021MY vehicles are balanced out, I'd expect then to update the timeline charts within the next month to include the 2023 Model Year.  

1 hour ago, boarslayer said:

Yes it is.  I considered Anitmatter but it was to close to black for me.

Although Atlas is nice, I chose Antimatter because it was close to black. But this is coming from a guy who has owned too many black vehicle to count.

14 hours ago, Joshkbird said:

is there a way to check the status of the vehicle before receiving the vin. Or changing the priority code or does that seem normal. They estimated 3-5 months

Until you get a VIN, your options are to check with your dealer, or once you get 15 posts, Cyberdman graciously provides a service where he checks the system at work and provides the status. He provides this service in his own time, so please ensure you read, understand and follow the rules. Check the Ford Employee area.

Only your dealer can change the priority code - delaer options are 10 to 19 inclusive for retail orders. To get lower the dealer must contact their regional manager.

That’s great information I really appreciate it. I shot a text out to my sales rep at ford a couple days ago haven’t heard back yet. I’ll look into the ford employee area now. Once I’ve reached my 15 posts how do I go about contacting him? Thanks for all your help guys!!

2 hours ago, Rangers09 said:

Until you get a VIN, your options are to check with your dealer, or once you get 15 posts, Cyberdman graciously provides a service where he checks the system at work and provides the status. He provides this service in his own time, so please ensure you read, understand and follow the rules. Check the Ford Employee area.

Only your dealer can change the priority code - delaer options are 10 to 19 inclusive for retail orders. To get lower the dealer must contact their regional manager.

That is awesome!!! Going to definitely work on getting to the 15 post threshold.

1 hour ago, Butter77 said:

Congrats. I have the same exact truck on the way right now. When did it ship out?

It was built on 12/18, dealer told me on 1/6 it was shipped with an ETA of 1/17.  It showed up on 1/14.  Ford tracker updated today with a production date of 12/18 and an ETA of 2/17.  So, obviously, the Ford site is out of whack.

5 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Ford hasn't announced the timelines for the 2022MY > 2023MY changeover for any vehicle lines yet. However, since all the 2021MY vehicles are balanced out, I'd expect then to update the timeline charts within the next month to include the 2023 Model Year.  

What do you mean by balanced out? Have all of the 2021MY Super Duty trucks sold?    If so, then that would help the chip supplies on the 2022MY Super Duty trucks being built. 

25 minutes ago, Monoman said:

What do you mean by balanced out? Have all of the 2021MY Super Duty trucks sold?    If so, then that would help the chip supplies on the 2022MY Super Duty trucks being built. 

26 minutes ago, Monoman said:

Technically, there's two different "balanced out" statuses... scheduling balance out meaning that scheduling has completed for the Model Year and production balance out meaning that production has completed for the Model Year. Whether or not there are still unsold 2021MY Super Duty's has no bearing on microchip availability for 2022MY vehicles as all 2021MY were completed some time ago. 

• Like 1