2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

Ordered a Lariat BAP, 5th wheel prep on 8/25, and no updates since.  I know my options are likely slowing it down, but why change it at this point!  I talked to my dealer and he said that I'm at priority 4.  I have heard of getting priority 1 and 2 from a regional level, but this was the first I've heard about 4.  Anyone know anything about that?

Second question: I didn't add the UTT at the time (have an F150 with the Pro trailer backup and have never used the damn thing), but have been thinking lately that the 360 camera would be kind of cool to have.  My dealer didn't know if adding that (this late in the game) would screw up my priority and start me back over at a 10.  Has anyone changed an order that long after ordering?  And did it screw anything up for priority scheduling?

1 hour ago, smokes-sauce said:

New to the site, hello all!! I have read through all of the posts and it seems like the only thing that is certain is the uncertainty of the way things are working.

I ordered a 22 F350 Platinum in Star White 11/23 and so far nothing but crickets..... Just don't understand why :( 

I sold my 2019 F250 and now am riding my harley everywhere. Need something from ford so I know if i will see the truck before Christmas :( 

Thoughts or pointers? 

Resources that will help me find a status? Dealership is a whole bunch of shrugged shoulders, and "I will get back to you after i am done with this customer"

I ordered mine 11/19, received order confirmation from Ford...but that's it. It may be awhile.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, smokes-sauce said:

New to the site, hello all!! I have read through all of the posts and it seems like the only thing that is certain is the uncertainty of the way things are working.

I ordered a 22 F350 Platinum in Star White 11/23 and so far nothing but crickets..... Just don't understand why :( 

I sold my 2019 F250 and now am riding my harley everywhere. Need something from ford so I know if i will see the truck before Christmas :( 

Thoughts or pointers? 

Resources that will help me find a status? Dealership is a whole bunch of shrugged shoulders, and "I will get back to you after i am done with this customer"

Welcome to the forum. You have a fairly recent order, compared to some of us that have been waiting, August for me and as early as March for some.

Based on all the options you ordered, you will find information in various thread that indicates the major commodity delays on a weekly basis. Note - these are only the major constraints, as many other components are also in short supply.

You are the dealer's customer, so make them provide you customer service.

7 hours ago, Rogue6 said:

not the best picture but here is my order.

Maybe it's just the combination I got between color options and the two commodity restrictions. There has to be one other item. Each time they don't have or already assigned to a easier order. But I am happy for you that you got scheduled so quickly. I'll just keep dreaming one day I'll get that scheduled email. I'm sure I'm not the Oldest order so I'm not alone in the wait. 

This has probably been answered, and I am missing it.  On the Ford Order Tracking site now when I enter my order# and VIN it just reopens the page, if I put the order# in incorrect it tells me there an error.  The first time I used it the page opened a link to my truck order, showing confirmation, scheduled for 2/28.  Am I looking to much or just a system issue?

thanks

On 1/20/2022 at 8:07 PM, robfisch said:

This is great news!  I ordered F350 Platinum 6.7, none of the holding options on 11/24.  On 12/2 the email came with VIN and build scheduled for 12/20.  I got window sticker on 12/17.  Tracker still says in production but tbd for delivery date.  I’m hoping I’m just a little behind you. 

I just received the email that my truck was built on 1/21. Delivery is 2/5-2/11. Now I need to sell my 2015 F150.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Dakkat720 said:

Here's my timeline. About 5.5 months but I got exactly what I wanted. It has the spray-in bedliner, diesel, UTT, XLT premium. Got delivered to the dealer yesterday... I'll be picking it up next week. 

Hello Dakkat720, congrats on getting this far, patience you do have...Is you truck color Antimatter Blue?  I know Ford is still showing Blue Jeans to represent Antimatter Blue, I guess since it's antimatter, you can't see it, so they have to show Blue Jeans, haha.

45 minutes ago, 787Toolman said:

Hello Dakkat720, congrats on getting this far, patience you do have...Is you truck color Antimatter Blue?  I know Ford is still showing Blue Jeans to represent Antimatter Blue, I guess since it's antimatter, you can't see it, so they have to show Blue Jeans, haha.

Yep. Anitmatter Blue. I saw a bronco with that color on the dealers lot when I ordered... I like it a lot 

I saw a 150 on the lot in antimatter.  Sold.  I've owned blue jean metallic 13, and a lightning blue metallic 18 F-150.  Might as well keep the blue ford truck streak alive.  

Personally, I blame growing up around Bigfoot.  I've had a thing for blue ford trucks all my life. 

On 1/15/2022 at 10:11 PM, FL Lariat Driver said:

For those of you following along with my price protection saga, here's an update. Because I ordered in July and the truck wasn't available for delivery until January 14, there had been two Super Duty price increases - one in August and the second in December totaling $1,545. The dealer initially included the increases in the price I was being charged and refused to remove them. After much aggravation and me trying to convince them they were ever so wrong on Friday, I left the dealership before I got to the point of going crazy. Then Saturday morning, emailed them the first of ice-capade's posts. More back-and-forth and by mid-day I had sent them the actual letters provided by ice. By early evening, I finally prevailed and they agreed to remove both price increases. I owe a significant amount of gratitude to @ice-capades for posting the actual Ford letters that supported my position. I initially saved his excellent post from the Retail Price Increase thread that explained the price protection program and his two posts of the actual price increases that stated the price protection and sent all of those to the dealer. Those were met with a luke warm "we'll look into it" response. Then ice came through again and posted the actual letters. I sent those to the dealer and about four hours later, with no more excuses to hide behind, they agreed to remove both price increases. I have yet to see how they "removed" the $1,545 so I don't know if they will try to stick me with the sales tax on it or if they will actually reduce the top line price of the vehicle. Now, we are still arguing about the trade value they propose but that is just a game of chicken at this point. If I didn't have 5 and a half months of wait time invested, I would have walked away in a heartbeat yesterday. I'm fortunate enough to not be in a position where I have to have the truck for work and my current 2018 F-150 Lariat is fully capable of everything I need it to do. The F-250 was intended to give us more RV towing flexibility and allow for a possible 5th wheel RV upgrade in the future.

If the dealer and I can finally reach an agreement on a reasonable trade and make a deal next Tuesday, when my salesman gets back from his long weekend, I'll be sure to let you know and I'll definitely post pics!

For those of you about to get trucks delivered, have your information guns loaded with the facts and don't let them play stupid. The resources on this forum are awesome!

It's finally a done deal!! 174 days since placing my order in July 2021 for my F-250 Lariat SCSB with 5th wheel prep, spray-in bedliner, HCTT, UTT and Lariat Value (the only change I made to the order was changed the color from Antimatter to Atlas about a week after I ordered). The stealership agreed to "discount" the price increases which meant they didn't get added into the taxable total and corrected the truck cost for my purposes. Then we arm-wrestled over the trade value until reaching a less-than-desirable number for me. And eventually on Jan 19th I signed the paperwork and took it home. After driving it 15 miles to get to my house and with only 36 miles on the meter, I discovered the rear parking brake cable half rubbed through on the leaf spring and the water separator drain plug leaking diesel fuel on my garage floor. Good times!! Thought I would share a couple of pics. Gotta love that Atlas Blue!!!

IMG_8123.jpg

IMG_6309.jpg

663883351.jpg

Edited by FL Lariat Driver
  • Like 5

On 1/15/2022 at 9:24 PM, FL Lariat Driver said:

I did make a note of the mileage when I was there Friday for the first round of negotiations. I actually thought it was already a bit high at 21.5 miles but I think they took it off-site to fill it with fuel so that is probably where the extra mileage comes from.

Edit - and it also had to go over to GFX for the bedliner and 5th wheel prep while it was still in KY. But I think GFX is literally right across the road from the plant.

The mileage mystery has been solved. In the glove compartment stuck to the window sticker was this little notice. Apparently my truck went for a 14 mile ride around Louisville! And they still delivered it to me with the parking brake cable rubbing on the leaf spring and the water separator drain plug leaking! Total miles on the truck at delivery ended up being 21.8.

20220122_115004.jpg

• Angry 1

24 minutes ago, FL Lariat Driver said:

It's finally a done deal!! 174 days since placing my order in July 2021 for my F-250 Lariat SCSB with 5th wheel prep, spray-in bedliner, HCTT, UTT and Lariat Value. The stealership agreed to "discount" the price increases which meant they didn't get added into the taxable total and corrected the truck cost for my purposes. Then we arm-wrestled over the trade value until reaching a less-than-desirable number for me. And eventually on Jan 19th I signed the paperwork and took it home. After driving it 15 miles to get to my house and with only 36 miles on the meter, I discovered the rear parking brake cable half rubbed through on the leaf spring and the water separator drain plug leaking diesel fuel on my garage floor. Good times!! Thought I would share a couple of pics. Gotta love that Atlas Blue!!!

Glad to see you finally got it.  It suck that the stealership tried that BS and still got away with part of the Steal.  And to make it worse it needs work already.  Hopefully the Service Dept is better than the Sales Dept.  

1 hour ago, Jim58 said:

Glad to see you finally got it.  It suck that the stealership tried that BS and still got away with part of the Steal.  And to make it worse it needs work already.  Hopefully the Service Dept is better than the Sales Dept.  

Agree with the steal part and definitely hoping the Service Dept has their wits about them. Truck is going in to get ceramic coated and windows tinted on Monday at a different facility then when I pick it up mid-week it goes back to the dealer for the repairs. Hopefully, I might actually get to use my truck by the end of January!  ?

Has your truck made it to Washington yet?

• Like 1