2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

I’ve tried to go back and see if I can find the answer to this question but I apologize in advance for asking again if someone else has already.  I’m pretty sure I’ll end up removing the 5th wheel and spray in liner tomorrow.  On 8/24/21 I placed an order for F350 Platinum SRW and wondering what all is left off by removing the 5th wheel?  Thanks for any help with this info.  

35 minutes ago, ERNIE65 said:

Hello everyone, I have been following this forum for a couple months now and finally decided to join and participate. All the information is great and thanks to all who contribute, it has been very educational. I ordered a F350 Lariat with 5th wheel prep but held off on some other options that the dealer could do like the spray in bedliner and mud flaps,  rear wheel liners. I ordered on 10/30 and as many of you have not heard anything else since. It has not been fun with my sales person and sales manager. I am not sure if they have been lying to me the whole time on some things or just really don't know. It started with the X Plan pricing then it was priority code that they couldn't change then it was price protection that they knew nothing about and the latest is that if I changed anything in my order that I would loose my price protection. Thanks to Ice-Capades and others I have proved them wrong at every turn except for last part about price protection. I have not seen anything on that yet. Any help on that would be great.   The sales manager told me I should not read these forums because they are full of misinformed people, it looks like this is the best place to find information.  Thanks again to all who contribute.

This may help!

On 1/15/2022 at 8:19 AM, ice-capades said:

Words cannot describe how I feel about Dealers like this! 

Here are the notices that were available to all Dealers via the FMCDealer.com portal. Ford's retail order price protection has existed for decades.

Ford_EFC09341_Mid-Year Pricing Effective 2021-08-23.pdf

Ford_EFC09620 Ford Mid-Year Pricing Effective 2021-12-08.pdf

14 minutes ago, CDUB19 said:

I’ve tried to go back and see if I can find the answer to this question but I apologize in advance for asking again if someone else has already.  I’m pretty sure I’ll end up removing the 5th wheel and spray in liner tomorrow.  On 8/24/21 I placed an order for F350 Platinum SRW and wondering what all is left off by removing the 5th wheel?  Thanks for any help with this info.  

5 TH WHEEL/GOOSENECK HITCH PREP PACKAGE (53W) Availability: ● Optional on XL, XLT, Lariat, King Ranch® Platinum and Limited ● Standard on F-450 Not available with: ● Drop-in Bedliner (85L) ● Pickup Box Delete (66D) Includes: ● Five (5) pickup bed attachment points w/plugs ● One (1) frame under-bed cross member ● One (1) integrated 7-pin connector on driver's side pickup bed wall 5 th Wheel Hitch Compatibility: ● The 5 th Wheel/Gooseneck Prep Package (53W) is compatible w/the factory orderable 5th Wheel Hitch Kits (15K and 15L) and Dealerinstalled Ford Accessories 5th Wheel Hitch kit by Reese – part #BC3Z-19D520-A (8 ft. box only). The prep package is also compatible w/Reese Signature Series 5 th wheel hitch kits updated w/a new Leg Service Kit – Part# BC3Z-A00A25-A (8 ft. box only) ● The 5th Wheel Hitch Kit-15K, 5th Wheel Hitch Kit-15L and Dealerinstalled Ford Accessories 5th Wheel Hitch kit by Reese – part # BC3Z-19D520-A is not released to the short box (6.75 ft. box) NOTE: The short pickup box provides less clearance between the cab and 5th wheel trailer compared to "long box" pickups. The receiver centerline of the hitch should be mounted at least two inches forward from the rear-axle of the truck chassis. When selecting a trailer and tow vehicle, it's critical that this combination provide clearance between the cab and tow vehicle for turns up to and including 90 degrees. Failure to follow this recommendation could result in the trailer contacting the cab of the tow vehicle during tight turns. Gooseneck Hitch Compatibility: ● The 5th Wheel/Gooseneck Prep Package (53W) is compatible only w/the factory orderable Gooseneck Hitch Kit-15J, Gooseneck Dual Hitch Kit-15E or Dealer-installed Ford Customer Accessories Gooseneck hitch by Reese – part # BC3Z-19F503-A (8 ft. box and 6.75 ft. box)

Thanks Keith's F-250, I have sent them the documentation on the price protection. They are claiming that if I change anything on my order it is treated like a "new" order so the price protection would not be in place. They said it comes directly from the regional rep. I can't find anything that I can dispute that with. It is not a huge deal as all I wanted to add was block heater, heated steering. I also wanted the power steps but they keep telling me that it will remove the chrome package if I get the power steps. Anybody know if that is true? I tried it on the build site and it did kick off the chrome package but I don't understand why.

15 minutes ago, ERNIE65 said:

Thanks Keith's F-250, I have sent them the documentation on the price protection. They are claiming that if I change anything on my order it is treated like a "new" order so the price protection would not be in place. They said it comes directly from the regional rep. I can't find anything that I can dispute that with. It is not a huge deal as all I wanted to add was block heater, heated steering. I also wanted the power steps but they keep telling me that it will remove the chrome package if I get the power steps. Anybody know if that is true? I tried it on the build site and it did kick off the chrome package but I don't understand why.

The only thing I've seen on this forums about adding or changing,  and Losing price protection is when you  Change trim level or go from a F-250 to F-350. 

I do believe you lose the Chrome package If you go with the power steps.  Because the Chrome steps up bars are part of the chrome package.  It's crazy how it works.

Thanks as well Ice-Capades. Just noticed your response. It is pretty frustrating to deal with them. At this point I am preparing myself for the final sale. Just want all my ducks in a row when I sit down with them. I am trying to get them to communicate through email so I have things documented.

45 minutes ago, Forderorder said:

5 TH WHEEL/GOOSENECK HITCH PREP PACKAGE (53W) Availability: ● Optional on XL, XLT, Lariat, King Ranch® Platinum and Limited ● Standard on F-450 Not available with: ● Drop-in Bedliner (85L) ● Pickup Box Delete (66D) Includes: ● Five (5) pickup bed attachment points w/plugs ● One (1) frame under-bed cross member ● One (1) integrated 7-pin connector on driver's side pickup bed wall 5 th Wheel Hitch Compatibility: ● The 5 th Wheel/Gooseneck Prep Package (53W) is compatible w/the factory orderable 5th Wheel Hitch Kits (15K and 15L) and Dealerinstalled Ford Accessories 5th Wheel Hitch kit by Reese – part #BC3Z-19D520-A (8 ft. box only). The prep package is also compatible w/Reese Signature Series 5 th wheel hitch kits updated w/a new Leg Service Kit – Part# BC3Z-A00A25-A (8 ft. box only) ● The 5th Wheel Hitch Kit-15K, 5th Wheel Hitch Kit-15L and Dealerinstalled Ford Accessories 5th Wheel Hitch kit by Reese – part # BC3Z-19D520-A is not released to the short box (6.75 ft. box) NOTE: The short pickup box provides less clearance between the cab and 5th wheel trailer compared to "long box" pickups. The receiver centerline of the hitch should be mounted at least two inches forward from the rear-axle of the truck chassis. When selecting a trailer and tow vehicle, it's critical that this combination provide clearance between the cab and tow vehicle for turns up to and including 90 degrees. Failure to follow this recommendation could result in the trailer contacting the cab of the tow vehicle during tight turns. Gooseneck Hitch Compatibility: ● The 5th Wheel/Gooseneck Prep Package (53W) is compatible only w/the factory orderable Gooseneck Hitch Kit-15J, Gooseneck Dual Hitch Kit-15E or Dealer-installed Ford Customer Accessories Gooseneck hitch by Reese – part # BC3Z-19F503-A (8 ft. box and 6.75 ft. box)

Thank you ?

• Like 1

My F450 Lariat went into production on 1/25 but when I go to the ford tracking page there is nothing there, entered the order number and VIN and takes me back to the tracking page. 

I was able to get my window sticker last week and now nothing.

1 hour ago, CDUB19 said:

If you have a 5th wheel installed after the fact I think the only thing you will loose is some kind of “yaw sensor “. You still get the electrical connections for the bed.

8 hours ago, ice-capades said:

The production week is assigned at the same time that the order is scheduled and the VIN number is assigned. Don't rely on a sales representative for details on a retail factory order as many of them don't have the experience or are familiar with the process. I'd recommend talking to the sales or inventory manager directly.  

Sure enough I went to my dealership and spoke to the sales manager and he said I am clearly scheduled for the week of 2/28 on the VVR. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jmf450 said:

My F450 Lariat went into production on 1/25 but when I go to the ford tracking page there is nothing there, entered the order number and VIN and takes me back to the tracking page. 

I'm in the same boat.  Production on 1/25 with a scheduled delivery date of 2/22.  I had access to the window sticker and now poof, I get a 404 screen.  Go to this site Ford AsBuilt and enter your VIN.  If your BCE's are up (a few hundred codes), then your truck is built.

Lastly, this is my first ordered truck from Ford.  The ordering was easy, the updates and their website are horrible.   You would think that for a multi-billion dollar company that scales globally, there web services would be top notch.  

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, JAXF250 said:

I'm in the same boat.  Production on 1/25 with a scheduled delivery date of 2/22.  I had access to the window sticker and now poof, I get a 404 screen.  Go to this site Ford AsBuilt and enter your VIN.  If your BCE's are up (a few hundred codes), then your truck is built.

Lastly, this is my first ordered truck from Ford.  The ordering was easy, the updates and their website are horrible.   You would think that for a multi-billion dollar company that scales globally, there web services would be top notch.  

Thanks JAXF250! I had a build date of 1/27 but the tracker (when it actually loads) says "In Production" 1/29. I used that Ford AsBuilt website and my BCE's pull up so it must be built. I have heard the tracker website lags by a few days or not at all sometimes. Est delivery is 2/27 which seems kind of far out there for delivery to Houston, TX. I would think they have plenty of trucks steadily coming this way. 

1 hour ago, JAXF250 said:Go to this site Ford AsBuilt and enter your VIN.  If your BCE's are up (a few hundred codes), then your truck is built.

Are you sure about this?

I posted our vin on the vehicle status forum and cyberdman said “Was scheduled to start production on 01/27.  That did not happen and you have no new updates yet.”

If I go to the site you mentioned, the bce’s come up (several pages long).

This is our first order, so new to all of this. 
thx!

BEC6724E-35C9-4F08-803A-252D5C403B03.png

31 minutes ago, typski said:

Are you sure about this?

I posted our vin on the vehicle status forum and cyberdman said “Was scheduled to start production on 01/27.  That did not happen and you have no new updates yet.”

If I go to the site you mentioned, the bce’s come up (several pages long).

This is our first order, so new to all of this. 
thx!

I am not sure nor do I work for Ford.  However I obtained this info from another Ford forum site and it seemed to be correct.  FWIW, I did not have a "scheduled delivery date" until after the BCE's were created.  Perhaps, someone more in the know can chime in.  Good luck!!!!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, JAXF250 said:

I am not sure nor do I work for Ford.  However I obtained this info from another Ford forum site and it seemed to be correct.  FWIW, I did not have a "scheduled delivery date" until after the BCE's were created.  Perhaps, someone more in the know can chime in.  Good luck!!!!

Thanks! Don’t want to get my hopes up. Lol

We still don’t have a scheduled delivery date. But we have BCEs. ?

4 hours ago, jmf450 said:

Just a website fault. Have your dealer check the vvr.

9 hours ago, ERNIE65 said:

Hello everyone, I have been following this forum for a couple months now and finally decided to join and participate. All the information is great and thanks to all who contribute, it has been very educational. I ordered a F350 Lariat with 5th wheel prep but held off on some other options that the dealer could do like the spray in bedliner and mud flaps,  rear wheel liners. I ordered on 10/30 and as many of you have not heard anything else since. It has not been fun with my sales person and sales manager. I am not sure if they have been lying to me the whole time on some things or just really don't know. It started with the X Plan pricing then it was priority code that they couldn't change then it was price protection that they knew nothing about and the latest is that if I changed anything in my order that I would loose my price protection. Thanks to Ice-Capades and others I have proved them wrong at every turn except for last part about price protection. I have not seen anything on that yet. Any help on that would be great.   The sales manager told me I should not read these forums because they are full of misinformed people, it looks like this is the best place to find information.  Thanks again to all who contribute.

I ordered similar truck, but with BAP which has the bedliner.  Ordered one day later, and no, I don't have a date.

It is amazing how many dealers still do the "you are not looking on the INTERNET are you?" (in the most condescending way).  Yes, mine did that too. 

The x-plan rules and process is dictated by Ford, and is public information at https://www.fordpartner.com/partnerweb/jsp/howitworks/fordpartner_rules.htm .  It's helpful to confirm at the beginning of the conversation that, "we agreed on x-plan, right?"  Then you can ask the dealer about the x-plan rules.  If they don't have them, you can pull out your copy and show the price protection, $100 doc fee, and that they need to show you the invoice.  It's may be helpful to say, "i'm just trying to follow the Ford x-plan rules, as we already agreed".  In that way, you are not negotiating with the dealer, but deflecting it to a negotiation between the dealer and Ford.  At least that is the attempt.

Good luck!

Edited by Lee2021

On 1/30/2022 at 4:44 PM, 787Toolman said:

do they build trucks 7 days a week and 24 hours per day or what are the shift schedules, in other words, I'm trying to figure out how many trucks come off the line in a steady flow of 8k per week?  If a steady flow 24/7, that's approximately 48 per hour or 0.8 trucks per minute.

So Ford is scheduling ~8k trucks per week, with a large percentage (half?) being customer orders.  In this forum, we are talking to maybe a couple of hundred at a time, so we are just hearing about the experiences from just a very very small percentage of all customers.  We are probably the most demanding and frustrating customers that dealers work with.  I wonder if our experiences are similar to all the rest of the world, or if we are less pleased due to our demanding nature?  It would be fun to talk to a Ford business analytics person over a beer or three!

• Like 3