2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

2 hours ago, Beefmaster said:

Fleet Order Buyers.. After 8 months of waiting and being "Clean/Unscheduled", I gave up yesterday. I cancelled my order and got my deposit back. If I had known in June that Fleet orders ran behind retail orders, I would have never placed it. My order was M1 (1st week in Dec) when I placed it and here it is 2 months past that and still not scheduled. So, I am spending $1,800 on my 2001 Chevy and plan to drive it another year or two until the truck market adjusts. Then I'll buy one of your retail order trade-ins for half of what you paid for it. Thanks in advance!  And good luck to those Fleet buyers still waiting to be scheduled. 

It's unfortunate your truck didn't get scheduled. Not sure about 1/2, as I got exactly what I paid for a 2016 from 6 yrs ago. Dealer also has a used 2020 F-450 on the lot for more than it cost new.

Apologies if this is posted somewhere or has been discussed, but are the weekly scheduling updates so generously provided by @ice-capades applicable to all regions?  I ask because I notice mention of New York region in most of the recent notes and see Super Duties will not be scheduled this week (tomorrow).

Ordered a 2022 F350 Diesel King Ranch DRW on 12/30/2021.  I have a 2017 F350 SD Diesel King Ranch.  My 2017 seat color is listed as Java.  They are a darker brown.  The 2022 seat color is listed as Java and they are a bit orange.  My husband HATES the 2022 color.  Can anyone tell me about seat colors and how to find out if they will change for 2023?  I heard that there are many changes coming for 2023 and I can postpone my order if I can find out about the seats as my husband prefers the brown ones.  If I can find out that they will not be changing the color then I want to keep my current 2022 order.  Also does anyone know when the earliest I can find out about all of the 2023 changes.  My dealer would not take a deposit.  Said if we change our mind that is good for him because he will be able to sell the truck no problem and probably for more $$ when it comes in.  Said we could make changes up until we got a production date.  We ordered custom (specific options).  MSRP, no negotiations.  Also they told us that the adaptive steering option would SIGNIFICANTLY delay production and that if we were interested in getting the truck anytime soon, to omit adaptive steering as an option.  Can anyone provide any insight into anything that I have shared?  Thank you so very much, Mon

Screen Shot 2022-02-02 at 8.07.14 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-02-02 at 8.07.24 AM.png

1 hour ago, bigluke21 said:

Looks like a lot of us waiting got the "Built 02/01/2022" as I got the same this morning after it finally updated. Showing 2/20 ETA delivery. Glad a lot of people are getting their trucks soon!

It was four months from order October 2, 2021 to build a February 2, 2022. To say it’s been a long wait it’s not fair to those who have really had to wait a long time and are still waiting. Seems like production is starting to move. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, txsd said:

Apologies if this is posted somewhere or has been discussed, but are the weekly scheduling updates so generously provided by @ice-capades applicable to all regions?  I ask because I notice mention of New York region in most of the recent notes and see Super Duties will not be scheduled this week (tomorrow).

At least one other BOF member in another region, that has access to the scheduling notes there, has stated that their scheduling notes were the same as New York. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

It would be interesting to see what this actual notice was and how it was sent because there has been no such notice from Ford New York regional office and nothing posted at the FMCDealer.com portal. 

I heard this other places, too, as early as probably two weeks ago. Purely from forums, purely from people saying that's what their dealer told them. Enough that I can think of a handful, maybe 5 or 6, who have talked about removing BAP and/or 5th wheel prep from their order. I feel horrible for those folks being that they probably watched a lot of others have their BAP/5wp trucks scheduled on Tuesday.

As the age old saying goes, a lie can travel 'round the world before the truth can get it's boots on. It wouldn't surprise me a bit if it's a rumor that started and then became, through the game-of-telephone, told as truth -- then passed on to buyers as though the red coats were about to crest the hill any moment.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, benpack61 said:

I just don't know what to believe anymore....

Screenshot_20220202-131213_Facebook.jpg

I would imagine its a cross between BS and the truth. According to @ice-capades and his factual information, stocking orders with this will not be built. However retail orders still will be built with said option. Just look through the last few pages of those who got scheduled yesterday and the day before, a lot of those have 5th wheel prep. 

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, CaptainKopper said:

I would imagine its a cross between BS and the truth. According to @ice-capades and his factual information, stocking orders with this will not be built. However retail orders still will be built with said option. Just look through the last few pages of those who got scheduled yesterday and the day before, a lot of those have 5th wheel prep. 

I agree, the rhetoric I see in other forums/Facebook  who don’t have access to fact checking from insiders like BOF contribute to the situation you describe greatly. 

I was ok with removing the speculated commodity restraints on my truck because time is money for me, therefore if even shaving a month off to take delivery benefits me greatly. At my age this will not be the last truck I own, and if the market dictates an incentive I’ll sell it for a profit just like I did my Raptor for a large profit. 

Although AS, liner, and 5th wheel were ‘like to have items’ they were not must haves. Also all but AS on my list can be done 3rd party if absolutely needed down the road. 

Just glad people that aren’t in this situation and have waited 6+ months for there trucks are finally getting them! 

Does anyone know how long from the time I receive the confirmation email from Ford before I can request a status update from cyberdman? Thanks to my previous “order” (not confident it was ever actually properly ordered) being effed up, I may have pissed him off after he spent too much time trying to locate an order that didn’t exist. So after two months I decided to take my business elsewhere and place a new order. I just want to make sure it’s properly ordered as unscheduled- clean. 

I have a pretty plane F250 XLT build, I was wondering if I should remove the 5th Wheel Prep Package.  I didn’t really add a lot to my order, just the 5th Wheel Prep Package, Camper Package, and the 5th Wheel camera on the break light.   Thoughts?   Ordered on January 8th.  I realize I probably won’t hear anything anytime soon.  Just wanted to know if removing it would MAYBE speed it up a little bit.  

Ordered 10/22, F350 Lariat with ultimate Lariat, 7.3, SWR,Crew cab, 5th wheel prep, spray in bed liner plus a good  many more  options. Have let it sit and ride the wave yesterday got my schedule date with all my options I ordered. They told me 3 to 5 months when I ordered up front and if anyone has watched any of these sites can see that is about right . I hate it for everyone dropping these items and now we getting scheduled with them. If you can afford to let the time go by and wait, I say.

1 hour ago, OldManJax said:

I have a pretty plane F250 XLT build, I was wondering if I should remove the 5th Wheel Prep Package.  I didn’t really add a lot to my order, just the 5th Wheel Prep Package, Camper Package, and the 5th Wheel camera on the break light.   Thoughts?   Ordered on January 8th.  I realize I probably won’t hear anything anytime soon.  Just wanted to know if removing it would MAYBE speed it up a little bit.  

I've been reading about peoples orders on SD's for about 8 months now and the one thing I'm certain about when it comes to order-to-delivery times is there's nothing I'm certain about.

Yes, 5wp could be a commodity restriction. I've seen it said, seen lots of things said. 

But I've also seen people order loaded tremor trucks with 5wp and AS and literally take delivery of it in under two months. We're talking getting a VIN within a week of ordering. 

I researched for about 2 months before I ordered. When I ordered I expected it'd take 5-7 months to take delivery based on averages of what I was seeing. I'm on track to fall into that 7 month area currently. If you'd have asked me a week ago I'd have said I'm not sure I'll ever see the truck. It's just tough to say. If you need 5wp you can always add it after but it'll cost you about 3x as much if you are paying to have it installed.

Hello,

Reporting some good news and a pricing question/concern.

Looks like I won the scheduling lottery as I got a email from Ford saying my DRW F350 is scheduled for production the week of 7 March!  I ordered it the 18th of Oct 21 and based on info from this site (thanks to all of you) I decided to drop a few options from my order in hopes of getting scheduled sooner and it apparently worked.  On to the question:

I got the updated DORA today (for the changes) showing the removal of some options.  It didn't have the X-Plan pricing (this is a x plan purchase) like the last one and it shows the non-x plan base price before options to be 58,340.00 vs 57,045.00 on the original DORA.   This shows what looks to be a $1295 price bump in the base price.  I asked for a new DOAR showing the x plan prices but I'm concerned about the jump in base price.  Finally the question: Does price protection apply to this or did I cost myself $1295 by dropping some options? 

Thanks in advance!

Allen

25 minutes ago, Rcpd34 said:

Funny thing is, I never did get an email from Ford. I just kept checking the tracking site and it finally changed today.

Same. Never anything from Ford, my dealer and Ford Marketing kept saying that the correct email has been added on the order. I check the tracker everyday hoping to see something. I have a build date of 2/24, no updates on the tracker yet. 

I ordered on 12/29/21 F350 CCSB Lariat Ultimate with 5th wheel prep and a few other options. I Spoke with the sales manager at the dealership today. He said 5th wheel prep is the only thing holding my truck up from being scheduled but I don’t want to drop it. He also said they are stopping new orders for MY22 this week so they can complete a majority of the orders on the books. I asked what would happen if mine didn’t get built and he said they would reorder for MY23 and lock in my MSRP from my 22 order and that ford would likely issue incentives for MY23 to those who had unfulfilled orders. Also mentioned that the current commodity shortages will likely spill over to MY23. No clue if that’s true or not but he seems to have an idea what’s going on. He said this was directly from the Boston area regional manager who was at the dealership last week. He thinks I’ll have my truck in May so I’m going to ride it out. Fingers crossed it comes before that but it is what it is. Happy to see a lot of you have been scheduled recently!

2 hours ago, Blown32 said:

Hello,

Reporting some good news and a pricing question/concern.

Looks like I won the scheduling lottery as I got a email from Ford saying my DRW F350 is scheduled for production the week of 7 March!  I ordered it the 18th of Oct 21 and based on info from this site (thanks to all of you) I decided to drop a few options from my order in hopes of getting scheduled sooner and it apparently worked.  On to the question:

I got the updated DORA today (for the changes) showing the removal of some options.  It didn't have the X-Plan pricing (this is a x plan purchase) like the last one and it shows the non-x plan base price before options to be 58,340.00 vs 57,045.00 on the original DORA.   This shows what looks to be a $1295 price bump in the base price.  I asked for a new DOAR showing the x plan prices but I'm concerned about the jump in base price.  Finally the question: Does price protection apply to this or did I cost myself $1295 by dropping some options? 

Thanks in advance!

Allen

Just got this from my salesman:

"Keep in mind pricing is subjected to change based on cost of parts. Will have a definite price once the truck gets in."  

Doesn't appear to jive with any sort of price protection....

18 minutes ago, Blown32 said:

Just got this from my salesman:

"Keep in mind pricing is subjected to change based on cost of parts. Will have a definite price once the truck gets in."  

Doesn't appear to jive with any sort of price protection....

Your price should have been locked in when you submitted the order. Did you put down a deposit? The only thing my dealer couldn't guarantee at time of order was financing rates. Mostly due to the expected long lead time extending into this year. (6-8 months).

15 minutes ago, mattdm said:

Your price should have been locked in when you submitted the order. Did you put down a deposit? The only thing my dealer couldn't guarantee at time of order was financing rates. Mostly due to the expected long lead time extending into this year. (6-8 months).

I put 2k down and the at time of order DORA shows the x plan price, but the new DORA shows a higher base price (before options).  When I asked for one showing the x plan price, that's when he sent me the "Keep in mind pricing is subjected to change based on cost of parts. Will have a definite price once the truck gets in."  statement.

14 minutes ago, Blown32 said:

I put 2k down and the at time of order DORA shows the x plan price, but the new DORA shows a higher base price (before options).  When I asked for one showing the x plan price, that's when he sent me the "Keep in mind pricing is subjected to change based on cost of parts. Will have a definite price once the truck gets in."  statement.

It shows pricing at the time it's viewed.  This has been explained previously in the thread.