2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

23 hours ago, Mefly2 said:

Mine came via email; yes, specific to me.

I received one of those emails too, except mine was for $3000, I think ( but not 100% sure) it says place an order or take delivery by 4-4-22. Maybe someone here could help clarify. Thanks for all the good info on this forum

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, jgdorado said:

I ordered an F350 on Sept 29th 21. I requested the X plan and the sales person (mulinax Ford Vero Beach Fl) told me no problem.  He said they'll include that when it comes in. So we did the build with pricing. I realize I'll be waiting. Well, now it's February and still no schedule. Just was informed my price went up. I asked the manager if they can do that. He said they can and they can do it again until the vehicle is built, delivered and purchased by me.

Upon hearing that, I canceled the order. I am truly frustrated and the X plan along with the $3,000 discount Ford sent (must be used by 4/4/22) made it worth waiting for except they can raise the price at will. Who orders this way?

I guess I'm venting a bit. I figure sharing this with you guys might help me understand how this is so . I'm confident something went wrong with the order. I didn't receive confirmation of the order until December. I read where you guys are receiving confirmation almost immediately.

So that's my experience. RAM is looking pretty good except for the price tag.

Retail factory orders are automatically price protected to the original order date. The retail order price protection policy has been in place for decades.  

Mid-Year Pricing Effective December 27, 2021

EFFECTIVE DATE
Dealer Invoice changes will be effective December 27, 2021.

PRICE PROTECTION
2022 model units invoiced prior to December 27, 2021 will not be re-invoiced.

Automatic price protection will be provided on:
• Firm 2022-model fleet, retail, and demonstrator orders signed and dated on or before December 26, 2021, and received by Ford Motor Company on or before December 30, 2021.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ice-capades said:

Retail factory orders are automatically price protected to the original order date. The retail order price protection policy has been in place for decades.  

EFFECTIVE DATE

PRICE PROTECTION

• Firm 2022-model fleet, retail, and demonstrator orders signed and dated on or before December 26, 2021, and received by Ford Motor Company on or before December 30, 2021.

I feel your pain from here Ice!

1 hour ago, jgdorado said:

I ordered an F350 on Sept 29th 21. I requested the X plan and the sales person (mulinax Ford Vero Beach Fl) told me no problem.  He said they'll include that when it comes in. So we did the build with pricing. I realize I'll be waiting. Well, now it's February and still no schedule. Just was informed my price went up. I asked the manager if they can do that. He said they can and they can do it again until the vehicle is built, delivered and purchased by me.

Upon hearing that, I canceled the order. I am truly frustrated and the X plan along with the $3,000 discount Ford sent (must be used by 4/4/22) made it worth waiting for except they can raise the price at will. Who orders this way?

I guess I'm venting a bit. I figure sharing this with you guys might help me understand how this is so . I'm confident something went wrong with the order. I didn't receive confirmation of the order until December. I read where you guys are receiving confirmation almost immediately.

So that's my experience. RAM is looking pretty good except for the price tag

Well if you go with a RAM, I would buy one off the lot, if you can. They are having commodity issues also, along with GMC, and most every other Truck manufacturer out there. So if you think you can order a RAM and get it faster, I wouldn't count on that.

52 minutes ago, AtlasBlue350 said:

Well if you go with a RAM, I would buy one off the lot, if you can. They are having commodity issues also, along with GMC, and most every other Truck manufacturer out there. So if you think you can order a RAM and get it faster, I wouldn't count on that.

From my understanding, your price is protected from the day you ordered the truck. 
talk to ice-capades about it. There is a letter circulating in this forum regarding that. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HarryTaint said:

I believe they won't be started until that week. Builds only take a day then a day off site for bed liner etc. 

Builds might only take a day, but our SD has been - according to the Ford tracking site - in production for over a week!

Patience, grasshopper ...

When you have the truck shipped will they notify you as it ships or just when it gets to the dealer? I see people on here who tracked their truck's rail car, but how do they know it shipped? My truck didn't really update until it told me it was done being built. Seems like 2 weeks is a short time to ship it to NJ but maybe it will be here.

On 2/1/2022 at 3:28 PM, G8R said:

Woot! Scheduled for production the week of March 7. Ordered 10/19 - F0250 CCSB KR 6.7L w/ bedliner and 5th wheel prep. Tried dropping those several weeks ago, but dealer said it would let them. Anxiously waiting know with fingers crossed.

Well, that didn’t take long. My scheduled production has already been pushed back a week. 

DE9D5F06-C6AB-4A49-8DE2-842B7A11020F.jpeg

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jfinn said:

I would think that too, but my friends F450 also has adaptive steering and is being built the of 2/14 and he ordered almost 5 months after me. Ford says my truck has no commodities issues or holds. Super frustrating to have been waiting 10 months 

I feel you, I'm at 6 months and 5 months of that is at a priority 2. Very frustrating seeing trucks arrive that have the same features as the one you ordered or very close to and you still have nothing and all your dealer keeps saying is any day know. I've almost given up. Just really hope we have it for summer camping trips that we have planned. Good luck and hope you get a vin and build date soon!

3 hours ago, ardvark666 said:

When you have the truck shipped will they notify you as it ships or just when it gets to the dealer? I see people on here who tracked their truck's rail car, but how do they know it shipped? My truck didn't really update until it told me it was done being built. Seems like 2 weeks is a short time to ship it to NJ but maybe it will be here.

The tracker will update to "shipped" and will eventually update that its arrived at your dealer(mine didnt until 48 hours later when the truck was already in my driveway)

To track it beyond that you will need to ask your dealer for updates or you can post in the Vehicle Locator Forum and cyberdman will be able to tell you whats going on(make sure you read and follow the rules for the best experiance).

Edited by mattdm

8 hours ago, jgdorado said:

You should go back and get your order back. I would be almost positive they did not cancel your order. And see if you can file a complaint with ford about the dealer. If that's possible to do. They cant take your name off or it won't get built being a stock order with a commodity restraint... assuming you had one. (Don't quote me on that.. maybe they can.) Check with someone on here that works at a dealership and see if it is possible to take your order back if your name is still on the order and the dealer is trying to rip you off. 

On 2/1/2022 at 10:54 AM, blackboost said:

I ordered a F250 from a very small dealer on Oct 22, and this morning I was notified by email that it is scheduled to be built the week of March 7.   7.3 L  4X4 Rapid Red Crew Cab Lariat.  I left the spray-in bed liner, and 5th wheel prep package in the order.  I was pretty surprised to see it scheduled this morning.  So don't give up hope!

I was notified by email late last night,  that my production spot has been moved to the week of March 14th.

5 hours ago, Patriot1 said:

Interesting article on dealer mark ups. It would be nice if this applied to SD’s as well.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/ford-cracking-down-3-6-billion-dealer-markups 

It will be interesting to see if there is really anything the manufacturers can do about it.  I am sure it will depend on their franchise contracts.     Some may say these markups are just the free market in action but I am not a fan.  

• Like 2

17 hours ago, ice-capades said:

EFFECTIVE DATE

PRICE PROTECTION

That may be true....but my dealer wasn't going to give price protection until I forwarded the documents on this forum stating the price protection.   So if I hadn't been following this forum....I would have be screwed.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Monoman said:

It will be interesting to see if there is really anything the manufacturers can do about it.  I am sure it will depend on their franchise contracts.     Some may say these markups are just the free market in action but I am not a fan.  

It’s the state franchise laws that govern it.  The only out for the mfrs is to reduce allocations.

As for free market - we’re you a fan of paying less than MSRP in the past?  With big rebates?  How many vehicles have you bought and paid thousands below MSRP?  You can’t have it both ways.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, danielj said:

You should go back and get your order back. I would be almost positive they did not cancel your order. And see if you can file a complaint with ford about the dealer. If that's possible to do. They cant take your name off or it won't get built being a stock order with a commodity restraint... assuming you had one. (Don't quote me on that.. maybe they can.) Check with someone on here that works at a dealership and see if it is possible to take your order back if your name is still on the order and the dealer is trying to rip you off. 

I've contacted the owner of the dealership. They didn't cancel the order. And I found out that they didn't order it in September when I signed for it. Instead they placed the order sometime in November.

Do you think I can place the order with another.. or transfer it?

They claimed that customer orders take from their allocations. I've never heard of that. Is that true??

Edited by jgdorado

1 hour ago, Zippy said:

That may be true....but my dealer wasn't going to give price protection until I forwarded the documents on this forum stating the price protection.   So if I hadn't been following this forum....I would have be screwed.

19 hours ago, jgdorado said:

Thats Mullinax for you. I bought mine from Mullinax West Palm Beach and they did everything they could to get me not to buy the truck when it came in.

23 minutes ago, jgdorado said:

I've contacted the owner of the dealership. They didn't cancel the order. And I found out that they didn't order it in September when I signed for it. Instead they placed the order sometime in November.

They claimed that customer orders take from their allocations. I've never heard of that. Is it true??

If it was a COVP (Customer Order Verification Program) verified order, it would qualify for incremental allocation and priority scheduling.