2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

23 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

If it was a COVP (Customer Order Verification Program) verified order, it would qualify for incremental allocation and priority scheduling. 

Ice, I'm not up to speed on all the terminology yet.

Covp - they took a copy of my driver's license and email address ?? Does that qualify?

Incremental allocation? No clue? Does that mean if 50 people placed orders in one day and they're only allocated 5 trucks a month that those orders represent 10 months of allocations?? And deliver/ build will be spread out over those 10 months??

Edited by jgdorado

On 2/3/2022 at 9:58 PM, txsd said:

Is that how it’s supposed to work or did you tell them you had a PCO after the actual purchase?  I was expecting the PCO to knock down the walk-out price?

I dont know how its "supposed" to work. I dont remember if my PCO said "order or purchase" I think it just said "take delivery". So it was expired when I purchased in July. Keep in mind this was just before things got crazy. 

1 hour ago, Keith'sF-250 said:

Can you post the article?  

Here's one of the articles... https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/news/ford-s-f-150-lightning-plans-in-jeopardy-automaker-reportedly-plans-to-cut-or-suspend-production-at-8-plants/ar-AATvBxU?ocid=msedgntp

There's a major error in this site referring to production of the F-150 Lightning being idled at the Kansas City plant. Lightning production is at Dearborn only in a separate facility. 

There were other articles online earlier but other news items have pushed them off sites. 

Specific information on next week's plant shutdowns was posted in the Plant Scheduled Down Weeks forum with the information released in yesterday's FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin)

https://blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/72412-plant-scheduled-down-weeks/

Here's the article from FoxBusiness.com

Ford says chip shortage will force it to halt or cut production at 8 plants

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/ford-chip-shortage-halt-cut-production-plants-jobs

Ford F-150 King Ranch.jpg

Edited by ice-capades
Format
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, jhaber said:

Thats Mullinax for you. I bought mine from Mullinax West Palm Beach and they did everything they could to get me not to buy the truck when it came in.

I suspect that's why they're making every effort to get me to walk away. The manager wants me to call in this Monday for a deposit refund.  They'll get the truck and sell above MSRP.... Good move for dealers especially when dealer stock will never get built this year. Hmmm

46 minutes ago, jgdorado said:

Covp - they took a copy of my driver's license and email address ?? Does that qualify?

Incremental allocation? No clue? Does that mean if 50 people placed orders in one day and they're only allocated 5 trucks a month that those orders represent 10 months of allocations?? And deliver/ build will be spread out over those 10 months??

Yes that’s COVP and incremental allocation means outside of their normal stock allocation,  so if they normally get 50 and they have 10 COVP orders they get 60.  Of course there are still restrictions on how many can get built but it is t because of a lack of allocation.

44 minutes ago, jgdorado said:

Driver's License, Customer E-Mail and a signed Buyer's Order have to be submitted to register the order in the COVP program. Whether they actually submitted the required information is a different matter. 

Orders require allocation in order to be scheduled and a Dealer would have to have available, regular allocation for a model being scheduling that week. COVP verified orders qualify for incremental or extra allocation in order to expedite scheduling as long as the commodity issues are met. COVP verified orders with incremental allocation can be scheduled at any time vs. regular scheduling which is done on Thursday's. 

22 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

Driver's License, Customer E-Mail and a signed Buyer's Order have to be submitted to register the order in the COVP program. Whether they actually submitted the required information is a different matter. 

Orders require allocation in order to be scheduled and a Dealer would have to have available, regular allocation for a model being scheduling that week. COVP verified orders qualify for incremental or extra allocation in order to expedite scheduling as long as the commodity issues are met. COVP verified orders with incremental allocation can be scheduled at any time vs. regular scheduling which is done on Thursday's. 

Great information. I can't confirm they sent everything in to Ford but it was provided. I understand Ford can't build something while waiting for parts but getting the order to Ford through the dealership has been the challenge for me. With your information I now understand better all the fibs being told.

I wonder if I can move or transfer my order to another dealership or just start over. It's hard to reward such incompetence and dishonesty.

If I did have to start over will Ford honor an order from me should the current dealer refuses to cancel my order? I'm thinking they'll want the truck since it appears it won't count against their stock allocation

Edited by jgdorado

27 minutes ago, jgdorado said:

Great information. I can't confirm they sent everything in to Ford but it was provided. I understand Ford can't build something while waiting for parts but getting the order to Ford through the dealership has been the challenge for me. With your information I now understand better all the fibs being told.

I wonder if I can move or transfer my order to another dealership or just start over. It's hard to reward such incompetence and dishonesty.

If I did have to start over will Ford honor an order from me should the current dealer refuses to cancel my order? I'm thinking they'll want the truck since it appears it won't count against their stock allocation

Moving to another dealer is a brand new order they don’t transfer.

23 minutes ago, jgdorado said:

No. You can't move or transfer your order to another dealership. The USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) content is exclusive to each dealership and independent from any other dealership. If you go to another dealership, you'll be starting with a new order. 

If you cancel your order with the existing Dealer, the Dealer has to report the cancellation and the reason to Ford. I don't have time to look at the COVP details right now but the Dealer may also need a signed statement from you regarding your cancellation and the reason. If the Dealer doesn't report the cancellation, cancel the order and then sell the vehicle to a different buyer, they'll be in violation of the COVP rules. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, akirby said:

As for free market - we’re you a fan of paying less than MSRP in the past?  With big rebates?  How many vehicles have you bought and paid thousands below MSRP?  You can’t have it both ways.

Not if it meant sitting in a dealership for hours.  I prefer the sellers compete publicly by advertising their actual prices.  Typically I will look for whatever the best no-haggle price I can get through memberships (Credit union, USAA, clubs, etc).  My time and aggravation is not worth playing sales games. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jhaber said:

which document did you show to the dealer? this one? 

Screen Shot 2022-01-16 at 5.34.00 PM.png

I send that doc as well as the one from the August, since my original purchase date was in June.  Both docs are on page 197 of this thread.  Once they saw I had those docs....they changed their mind and are now allowing price protection from the price in June.  Not really much they could say at that point.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Here's one of the articles... https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/news/ford-s-f-150-lightning-plans-in-jeopardy-automaker-reportedly-plans-to-cut-or-suspend-production-at-8-plants/ar-AATvBxU?ocid=msedgntp

There's a major error in this site referring to production of the F-150 Lightning being idled at the Kansas City plant. Lightning production is at Dearborn only in a separate facility. 

There were other articles online earlier but other news items have pushed them off sites. 

Specific information on next week's plant shutdowns was posted in the Plant Scheduled Down Weeks forum with the information released in yesterday's FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin)

https://blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/72412-plant-scheduled-down-weeks/

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/ford-chip-shortage-halt-cut-production-plants-jobs

Makes sense my family member who works for Ford in Michigan called yesterday to tell me he got notified he was laid off next week due to part shortages, they also told him be prepared for 3 or more weeks of a potential lay off. He asked me when my truck was due to be built (2-21) said he hopes that this doesn’t cascade down and push that date forward. We will see already been bumped forward 1 week. 

1 hour ago, ice-capades said:

No. You can't move or transfer your order to another dealership. The USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) content is exclusive to each dealership and independent from any other dealership. If you go to another dealership, you'll be starting with a new order. 

If you cancel your order with the existing Dealer, the Dealer has to report the cancellation and the reason to Ford. I don't have time to look at the COVP details right now but the Dealer may also need a signed statement from you regarding your cancellation and the reason. If the Dealer doesn't report the cancellation, cancel the order and then sell the vehicle to a different buyer, they'll be in violation of the COVP rules. 

Ice… after all of the problems I had with my order, I decided to take my business to a different location where I placed a new order. I didn’t cancel the order with the previous dealership because I figured they wouldn’t bother to cancel it and do exactly what @jgdorado stated. The truth is, if my original order came in next week I wouldn’t do business with them, but I also don’t want them to get the truck and sell it well above MSRP and tack on the BS “market adjustment” fee of $5,000+. So with that being said, can I just send them in writing that I’m canceling my order? I don’t even want to talk to those MFers. I definitely DO NOT want them to get that truck!

34 minutes ago, FirstFord22 said:

Ice… after all of the problems I had with my order, I decided to take my business to a different location where I placed a new order. I didn’t cancel the order with the previous dealership because I figured they wouldn’t bother to cancel it and do exactly what @jgdorado stated. The truth is, if my original order came in next week I wouldn’t do business with them, but I also don’t want them to get the truck and sell it well above MSRP and tack on the BS “market adjustment” fee of $5,000+. So with that being said, can I just send them in writing that I’m canceling my order? I don’t even want to talk to those MFers. I definitely DO NOT want them to get that truck!

If you have the vin # and order # I would draft a letter canceling the order. Then I would ask them for their regional managers information. I would send a copy of the letter and all correspondence of where they are trying to hose you on the price to them, the regional manager and to Ford corporate headquarters.  I would let them ALL know what I was doing. It's Ford Corporate choice if they ignore it but I would do my part and let them know.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Thank you Ice-Capades for sharing.  At least now I know my build date won't stick.  (March 14th)  And I won't get so disappointed when I get that dreaded email. Especially now since I see March 7th dates getting bumped.  Guess it gives me more time to save a couple more thousand.  I am just happy that I'm at the next step. Knowing eventually I'll get the truck that I ordered without removing anything.

• Like 1

Ice-capades / akirby

Thank you for all of your comments on this forum.  Both of you help the general public understand price protection and the complexities of part shortages and limited production capabilities at this time.

I have a question about ordering options available on the F-450 super duties and don’t know which forum to ask this question.

The F-450 comes with only one option (4.30 rear axle ratio) and the F-350 DRW has several rear axle ratios (3.55, 3.73, 4.10 and 4.30).    The new 10-speed transmission has plenty of gears and the F-450 would get better MPG when unloaded. Is there any way to have the Ford engineering team evaluate having more gear ratio options in F-450 23MY?

• Like 1

Just an update…

Ordered an F350 Lariat CCLB 6.7 on 9/8/21 with the blackout and ultimate towing packages, 5th wheel prep and a couple other options. 

Scheduled for production on 11/16/21 for the week of 1/24/22.

Showed in production with a window sticker on 12/22/21.

As Built Data populated on 1/26/22.

Found by FordPass on 1/29/22.

Showed Built on 2/1/22.

Shipped on 2/3/22.

ETA is now 2/15/22 which is most likely optimistic. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, asull85 said:

Just an update…

Ordered an F350 Lariat CCLB 6.7 on 9/8/21 with the blackout and ultimate towing packages, 5th wheel prep and a couple other options. 

Scheduled for production on 11/16/21 for the week of 1/24/22.

Showed in production with a window sticker on 12/22/21.

As Built Data populated on 1/26/22.

Found by FordPass on 1/29/22.

Showed Built on 2/1/22.

Shipped on 2/3/22.

ETA is now 2/15/22 which is most likely optimistic. 

Wow congrats! Only a few days to go now. Nice build!

Got the email from dealer today with a vin and build week of 3/21, order was excepted 8/7. Dealer looking into why I haven't had any emails from Ford. I'm sure email was entered incorrectly. Just happy to have a vin, I'm sure that the build date will change but definitely more optimistic outlook. 

• Like 1

Been anxiously awaiting to hear my truck has been built.  F250 Lariat, Stone Gray, FX4, CCSB, 6.7.  I initially had the bedliner and 5th wheel prep package with gooseneck hitch but dropped them to get the truck scheduled sooner.  Cyberdman provided me a build date of 2/2 so have been checking the "As Built" site, the Ford VIN tracker site, and FordPass to get an idea when the truck would be built.  All of those sources still do not show the truck being built yet BUT I just received the email from Ford it is built!  YeeHaw!!!  What I find interesting is it seems most people find out their truck is built from one of the sources I listed that I've been monitoring then sometime later (a day or 2 it seems) receive the email from Ford.  The first notification I have is the email from Ford 10 minutes ago.  Once I have the shipped notification I'll post the complete timeline for the truck.  I believe I initially ordered on 11/12.

Edited by Tom3
Added engine to truck description.
  • Like 1