2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

CNBC also reported that Ford would be cutting production next week because of parts shortages. The automaker told CNBC there would be downtime next week for the Ford Bronco and Explorer SUVs; the Ford F-150 and Ranger pickups; the Ford Mustang Mach-E electric crossover; and the Lincoln Aviator SUV at plants in Michigan, Illinois, Missouri and Mexico.

I see nothing about  the HD trucks, so will they keep building the HD trucks? 

Hello all.  New to the group.  I have had a 22 F350 XLT DRW 6.7 on order since 12/28.  I know based on what I've seen on here, that there will be a wait.  My dealer told me 2.5-3months.   Not so sure about that.  Anyhow, i ordered with spray in bed liner and fifth wheel prep (also ordered 32K hitch).  While at RV show today (Detroit), a hitch dealer and i were talking and he informed me he's getting all kinds of calls from local dealers about installation of aftermarket factory "puck" systems.  It appears people with build dates scheduled are getting delay notices now of 4-6 months.   I'm not sure where he is getting information, how much is blown up or misinterpretted, or how much is a scare tactic to "change your order and we can install a bed rail mount system". ... Anyhow i have a call into my dealer to see if they know anything.   I got home and starting trying to research the subject and it led me to this forum.  I'm trying to track back to original posts on fifth wheel prep but can't find any.  I see many people deleting and yet others getting build emails with it included.    I am trying to find where this all stems from to make a sound rational decision, but am struggling through page after page.    Is there some official notification anywhere on delays due to fifth wheel prep or spray in bedliner?   Aslo i keep seeing mentions of priority codes.   I just looked at my order page.   SHows a 10.  I asked me dealer earlier and he said that was a good code.   Not sure what it means though.  Is there a priority code decoder somewhere?     I apologize if this is all laid out officially somewhere but after a couple of hours of searching i'm stuck.    Thanks in advance and i hope all of you that have been waiting a long time get those build notices quickly!

6 hours ago, Monoman said:

Not if it meant sitting in a dealership for hours.  I prefer the sellers compete publicly by advertising their actual prices.  Typically I will look for whatever the best no-haggle price I can get through memberships (Credit union, USAA, clubs, etc).  My time and aggravation is not worth playing sales games. 

The no haggle prices pre pandemic were almost all far below MSRP.  My F150 was $10K off MSRP advertised price - no haggling necessary.

The point is you can’t enjoy the down side of the market where you get huge discounts off MSRP and then complain when the supply/demand curve flips the other way.  It’s the same type of market.  Of course you can wait it out and see if the market changes.

• Like 4

As a followup to finding out my truck has been built, my salesperson texted me shortly after my previous post to let me know too. <knock on wood> My dealership and salesperson have been fantastic through this whole process. I really feel for those that have had a less than desirable experience. Of course the final test will be when we close the sale.

1 hour ago, akirby said:

The no haggle prices pre pandemic were almost all far below MSRP.  My F150 was $10K off MSRP advertised price - no haggling necessary.

The point is you can’t enjoy the down side of the market where you get huge discounts off MSRP and then complain when the supply/demand curve flips the other way.  It’s the same type of market.  Of course you can wait it out and see if the market changes.

I dont see this changing anytime soon.  There are still deals to be had out there, several dealers are offering 2-4% below invoice.  theres still plenty of dealers that will take A/Z/X plans also.  I for one am ok with the current market, my 2019 F350 was almost a wash for my 22 F350 and the dealer didnt have my 19 sitting on his lot 3 days before it was gone.  im hoping it sticks long enough for me to jump in line and get a 23 on order and do this again. 

10 hours ago, jgdorado said:

I've contacted the owner of the dealership. They didn't cancel the order. And I found out that they didn't order it in September when I signed for it. Instead they placed the order sometime in November.

Do you think I can place the order with another.. or transfer it?

They claimed that customer orders take from their allocations. I've never heard of that. Is that true??

I think if your locked in on a lower price to stick with that order and you may be able to trade it into the other dealer for the truck you order from them and make a profit and increased down-payment. Plus give a better dealer a truck for there lot. 

11 hours ago, ice-capades said:

This is the most recent price increase announcement from December 27th. The confirmed order date doesn't make a difference as retail orders are price protected to the original order date. 

Ford_EFC09648 Mid-Year Pricing Effective 2021-12-27.pdf

Ice-capades can you help I am not getting any emails anymore I can still get on here but emails stopped Feb.3rd but I don't know why

1 hour ago, Browneyes033 said:

Ice-capades can you help I am not getting any emails anymore I can still get on here but emails stopped Feb.3rd but I don't know why

Moderators have no access to that feature.  Check your email address and notification settings.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Browneyes033 said:

same thing happened to you as me assuming. I had to refollow this topic. Somehow it automatically unfollowed this topic.  

14 hours ago, HarryTaint said:
16 hours ago, yorid said:

Got the email this morning moved to 3/14. Hope it doesn't get set back anymore 

When was your build date prior to getting rescheduled? 

Order date was 6/7/21, first built date 3/7/22

9 hours ago, Tom3 said:

As a followup to finding out my truck has been built, my salesperson texted me shortly after my previous post to let me know too. <knock on wood> My dealership and salesperson have been fantastic through this whole process. I really feel for those that have had a less than desirable experience. Of course the final test will be when we close the sale.

You might want to post the dealers name if it turns out to be a positive experience. I think we need to know who to trust as well as those dealers to avoid.

1 hour ago, AtlasBlue350 said:

You might want to post the dealers name if it turns out to be a positive experience. I think we need to know who to trust as well as those dealers to avoid.

Second this, it should be known who the shady scummy dealers are and who the good reputable ones are. Put the power back in the consumers hands teach the shitty ones a lesson and let the reputable ones profit 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AtlasBlue350 said:

Salesman too. I don't know if my original Salesman that's lied to me and had poor communication and no drive to help is still my Salesman or not.  Cause the Salesman that fixed the fact that my email wasn't in the system is the one that called me the day after I got my scheduled email.  

Can Salesman be changed after a order is placed? 

2 hours ago, AtlasBlue350 said:

Will gladly do so.  Estimated delivery of the truck by March 8.  I'll follow-up with the sales experience.  I'm expecting both X-Plan pricing and a $2,500 PCO.  I've previously been assured I'll get both.

18 hours ago, FirstFord22 said:

Ice… after all of the problems I had with my order, I decided to take my business to a different location where I placed a new order. I didn’t cancel the order with the previous dealership because I figured they wouldn’t bother to cancel it and do exactly what @jgdorado stated. The truth is, if my original order came in next week I wouldn’t do business with them, but I also don’t want them to get the truck and sell it well above MSRP and tack on the BS “market adjustment” fee of $5,000+. So with that being said, can I just send them in writing that I’m canceling my order? I don’t even want to talk to those MFers. I definitely DO NOT want them to get that truck!

I can understand your frustration and not wanting to talk to your Dealer because of the experience to date. And sure, you can send them written cancellation notice. However, you have no control as to whether they actually cancel your order with Ford. If your order is a COVP verified order and they don't cancel it per your request, and then sell it to a different customer, when they report the sale there will be a "Name Match" error and they'll be in violation of the program rules and subject to potential penalties from Ford.  

18 hours ago, Fordnovice88 said:

If you have the vin # and order # I would draft a letter canceling the order. Then I would ask them for their regional managers information. I would send a copy of the letter and all correspondence of where they are trying to hose you on the price to them, the regional manager and to Ford corporate headquarters.  I would let them ALL know what I was doing. It's Ford Corporate choice if they ignore it but I would do my part and let them know.

The dealership won't reveal the Ford Regional Manager's name and probably won't even give you the address for the regional office knowing it's not going to be to the dealership's benefit. As such, you'll have to search for the regional office location. It's important that you share your experience directly with Ford in writing or by calling Ford. The customer feedback is important to Ford and they will consider it seriously. 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, jtcdmc said:

Ice-capades / akirby

Thank you for all of your comments on this forum.  Both of you help the general public understand price protection and the complexities of part shortages and limited production capabilities at this time.

I have a question about ordering options available on the F-450 super duties and don’t know which forum to ask this question.

The F-450 comes with only one option (4.30 rear axle ratio) and the F-350 DRW has several rear axle ratios (3.55, 3.73, 4.10 and 4.30).    The new 10-speed transmission has plenty of gears and the F-450 would get better MPG when unloaded. Is there any way to have the Ford engineering team evaluate having more gear ratio options in F-450 23MY?

That's entirely at Ford's discretion based on their engineering evaluations and other factors.

14 hours ago, Strobeaner said:

Hello all.  New to the group.  I have had a 22 F350 XLT DRW 6.7 on order since 12/28.  I know based on what I've seen on here, that there will be a wait.  My dealer told me 2.5-3months.   Not so sure about that.  Anyhow, i ordered with spray in bed liner and fifth wheel prep (also ordered 32K hitch).  While at RV show today (Detroit), a hitch dealer and i were talking and he informed me he's getting all kinds of calls from local dealers about installation of aftermarket factory "puck" systems.  It appears people with build dates scheduled are getting delay notices now of 4-6 months.   I'm not sure where he is getting information, how much is blown up or misinterpretted, or how much is a scare tactic to "change your order and we can install a bed rail mount system". ... Anyhow i have a call into my dealer to see if they know anything.   I got home and starting trying to research the subject and it led me to this forum.  I'm trying to track back to original posts on fifth wheel prep but can't find any.  I see many people deleting and yet others getting build emails with it included.    I am trying to find where this all stems from to make a sound rational decision, but am struggling through page after page.    Is there some official notification anywhere on delays due to fifth wheel prep or spray in bedliner?   Aslo i keep seeing mentions of priority codes.   I just looked at my order page.   SHows a 10.  I asked me dealer earlier and he said that was a good code.   Not sure what it means though.  Is there a priority code decoder somewhere?     I apologize if this is all laid out officially somewhere but after a couple of hours of searching i'm stuck.    Thanks in advance and i hope all of you that have been waiting a long time get those build notices quickly!

Retail order priority codes are 10-19 as assigned by the Dealer with 10 being the best. The Ford regional office can assign priority codes 01 or 02 depending on various factors or at the dealership's request. Orders with 01 or 02 priority codes receive the most consideration for expedited scheduling but are still subject to delays based on microchip shortages, commodity restraints, supplier issues, etc. 

14 hours ago, Mefly2 said:

Where do I go to check k if my SD has actually been built? FORD tracking is hit and miss - maybe my ISP.

It's been in production for over a week ... window sticker 1/25 ???

Just wondering if we will get caught in the reported shutdown.

You can request tracking assistance at the "Vehicle Locator by Ford Employees" forum. Be sure to read the rules carefully before posting a request as they are strictly enforced. 

I am dealing with a dealership in Orlando Fl. Ordered on 1/17. I had my build all ready, sent it to the internet salesguy and within hours via text and email the deal was done with D-plan, papers signed, deposit made and order email from ford was sent to me. The salesman was highly recommended and so far it has been a pleasant experience. I have texted him with questions and has answered promptly. It's too bad my local dealer in Wis wanted to add $3000 to my D plan pricing. even after i have purchased 9 vehicles from them in the last 30 years. i will not deal with them for various other reasons even though they are a block from my house, I am very easy to deal with until they try to charge my wife $100 to make an extra key for her 2007 mustang that they sent a high school kid over to the hardware store to make...just a regular key. They have missed out on the sale of an ST edge and now the SD.. I really dont mind flying to orlando to pick up my truck if the dealer is straight up with me. i just want a hassle free buying experience.

First time posting and have been following this for a bit so please forgive me if this is a redundant question.  I ordered a F350 lariat duely with the fifth wheel prep package, I had an original build date of 2/7 I received a dreaded e mail last week that built date is now 2/14.  Being I have a built date does ford have the parts for the hitch allocated for my truck?? Or will I probably get bumped again?  Thanks 

Edited by Fzappa1

13 hours ago, Tom3 said:

Close the sale? Don't you have a written sales agreement?