2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

2 hours ago, AntiM F250 said:

Greetings, received confirmation this week my F250 is scheduled for 3/14. I saw a bunch were pushed back a week. Is there anyway to receive these updates. I’ve asked the dealer twice to add my email to the order with no success. Any suggestions? 

Call ford marketing and talk to them about adding it. That's what I had to do after my dealer did the same thing. 

Edited by HarryTaint

6 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Close the sale? Don't you have a written sales agreement?

Yes, sir, I do.  After seeing some of the experiences shared on this forum by others, it can make a person nervous.  I really don't expect any issues but don't like counting my chickens before they hatch.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AirbusPilot said:

I apologize if this has been asked before but is it possible to have my dealership change my priority code to 10? I’m currently code 18. I just placed my order on 1/29. 

You can try. I am a priority 12 and asked them if they could move it to 10 or talk to the regional office. They said 12 was the best they could do and it wouldn’t necessarily be built after a priority 10 more or less it was just a number. I ended up ordering same truck from a different dealer smaller. To see if it would show up sooner. But I’ll let you know. Again they were pretty firm on not moving it but super nice about it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mefly2 said:

2022 F350 ccsb Silver Baja Leather 4wd 18" Lariat 3.73 fx4 6.2 10spd camper pkg utt liners switches trailer tpms step bedliner 240 alt gar door opener

Wonderful dealer in Ronan, MT

11/02 preview order

11/04 received purchase order

11/07 transaction complete; purchased

11/08 email confirming order (and current 1/2 ton truck sold)

12/02 email received scheduling for week of 1/31

1/22 Personal Code to Save email received

1/25 tracking showed as in production with an empty circle

2/06 marked with black dot in circle and dated as in production

2/06 As Built data: 30 screens full

Fingers crossed to see this marked built and shipped ... and avoid any shutdowns ...

Thank you Ice for all of the EXTREMELY helpful information.

Update:

Although the tracker does not yet show it, we just got the Ford email about 10 minutes ago that

our truck HAS BEEN BUILT

estimated delivery between March 1 - 7

Hooray!

and, a HUGE thank you to Ice, Akirby, & all those who have generously volunteered their time to keep us informed.

Edited by Mefly2
Thank you
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, akirby said:

People need to stop confusing order sheets that you sign with an actual buyer’s order/purchase agreement.    Do t assume you’re getting a specific price unless you have a signed purchase agreement showing the vehicle and all add insurance and fees.

I'm giving you a thumbs up but clearly some of the blame can be placed on some dealerships.  Combining lazy dealerships with uninformed customers is a recipe for confusion.  Ford isn't really making it easy but most manufacturers aren't either.  Life goes on.

On 2/1/2022 at 11:37 AM, Toe Truck said:

Received my email from Ford this morning.  F350 SRW Lariat Ultimate w/ 5th wheel prep scheduled for production 3/7/22.  I dropped the spray-in bedliner two weeks ago.  No AS.  Was a priority code 10 from order date of 10/27/21.  Dealer had told me probable March build/delivery when I ordered, so he was pretty much on it.  Hope the schedule holds up.

Toe Truck

Received an email from Ford yesterday morning - production for my truck has been moved back to week of March 14.  I am not sure if Ford's reports of limiting production at it's plants will add additional delays in production.  I sure hope not.  Good luck out there everyone who is waiting.

Toe Truck

49 minutes ago, Monoman said:

I'm giving you a thumbs up but clearly some of the blame can be placed on some dealerships.  Combining lazy dealerships with uninformed customers is a recipe for confusion.  Ford isn't really making it easy but most manufacturers aren't either.  Life goes on.

Of course the dealerships are to blame, but only if you allow them to get away with it.  Protect yourself and know what you’re buying.

On 2/6/2022 at 10:20 AM, Frog_Legs said:

There seems to be a fairly wide range of what’s been accepted as a “signed sales order” for the COVP. 

In my case, a copy of my DL and a signature on the build sheet was all that was required. 

I got the email confirmation for my order before I left the dealership back in October. More recently,  I received my VIN and was scheduled to the week of 3/7. (Email from FORD)

FWIW,  that has now pushed to the week of 3/14

Same exact scenario here from Chapman 

Our truck is in transit and received below note from the dealer.  So happy that they knew/recognized the price protection without having to call it to their attention.  I have zero complaints about our salesperson/dealer.

"The price of your truck went up by $1,235.12 for X-Plan. The good news you are price protected since it was an order."

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, typski said:

Our truck is in transit and received below note from the dealer.  So happy that they knew/recognized the price protection without having to call it to their attention.  I have zero complaints about our salesperson/dealer.

"The price of your truck went up by $1,235.12 for X-Plan. The good news you are price protected since it was an order."

Congratulations for being able to do business with a Dealer that knows what they're doing and not trying to take advantage of its customers!

• Like 4

Order October 1

order confirmed October 2

Nov 16 scheduled for production week of January  17  / order got pushed back once to week of the 27th

built Feb 2

scheduled for delivery between February  11 and February 17

I Feel lucky to be chosen to have the vehicle built in about four months. I only dropped spray in bed liner and did not order AS.

King Ranch Ultimate / 5th wheel prep / rear headed seats/ console safe/ winch by warn ** dealer install / 

Truck City ford has been fair so far. 

Edited by KidNick
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, KidNick said:

Order October 1

order confirmed October 2

Nov 16 scheduled for production week of February 17  / order got pushed back once to week of the 27th

built Feb 2

scheduled for delivery between February 11 and February 17

I Feel lucky to be chosen to have the vehicle built in about four months. I only dropped spray in bed liner and did not order AS.

King Ranch Ultimate / 5th wheel prep / rear headed seats/ console safe/ winch by warn ** dealer install / 

Truck City ford has been fair so far. 

Probably reading this incorrectly, but are you saying your truck got built 25 days earlier than what your email from Ford indicated (build week of 17th of Feb)? 

If so were you notified at all or did you just get your vehicle is built email? 

I assume you meant January after looking at the Monday dates in January. 

Edited by JT42

1 hour ago, JT42 said:

Probably reading this incorrectly, but are you saying your truck got built 25 days earlier than what your email from Ford indicated (build week of 17th of Feb)? 

If so were you notified at all or did you just get your vehicle is built email? 

I assume you meant January after looking at the Monday dates in January. 

No my original build week was the week of 17 jan it got changed to the week of the 27th. 

Sorry I got premature truck delivery excitement

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I ordered a F250 Crew Cab Lariat on 1/31/22. Got my email from Ford the next day (2/1) that they had my order. 4x4, 7.3, 4.30's, chrome pkg, spray bedliner, 40/20/40 tan interior. Reading some posts it looks like I'll be lucky if it get's built in late August or September. Yippee!

Edit Sorry. I stated the wrong order date. I changed it.

Edited by tjm73

30 minutes ago, tjm73 said:

I ordered a F250 Crew Cab Lariat on 2/4/22. Got my email from Ford the next day that they had my order. 4x4, 7.3, 4.30's, chrome pkg, spray bedliner, 40/20/40 tan interior. Reading some posts it looks like I'll be lucky if it get's built in late August or September. Yippee!

Congrats on the order, the wait is long but from what everyone says it’s well worth it! 

Edited by MinerAddiction

14 minutes ago, MinerAddiction said:

Congrats on the order, the wait is long but from what says it’s worth it.

I was hoping that I might get it by the middle of June for our summer camping season, but I guess not. I knew I was looking at a long lead time to production. It's just a bit longer than expected. Oh well I have two trucks I can use so no harm, no foul. If it get's pushed back to a MY23, I'd be fine with that too. We'll just wait and see how the chips fall.