2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

3 hours ago, Fzappa1 said:

I have a lariat on order built week of 2/7 bumped to 2/14 it’s also a DRW hopefully I don’t get bumped again

I also have a 350 Lariat Ultimate 5th wheel prep on order. My first build date was 2/10 then got bumped to 2/16. I contacted my salesman today who is the sales manager for this dealership  to see if I was still on track for that build date this is what I got in reply.

This is a direct quote from his e-mail reply.

(Looks like the 20th is the build date.......They did close the factory again, so I will keep an eye on when they reopen.  My rep
said it should only be for 10 days, but I have heard that before.)

Sounds a little fishy to me, nobody else has said anything about a plant shutdown on this forum.
Edited by JC2014
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, CBears said:

WOW, that is a fast turnaround indeed!  I haven't seen them like that much on here.

I was astounded when I received the build week ... then in production for a week ... finally, built ... and now shipped! Maybe it was the 6.2 engine we ordered?

I have heard that sometimes it takes three weeks just to get from the WA railhead to the convoy headed back to MT ???

Really counting our blessings. Thanks to all who help us track / update.

Edited by Mefly2
Thanks

9 hours ago, BigUnixGeek said:

If I did, then I'd have one, which I don't.  Released a week ago, but still hasn't shipped.  :(

Hey, don't worry. You will still probably beat me since BNSF rail has taken over a month to go from Minot, ND to Havre, MT with my truck, a distance of about 428 miles, and it still has about 500 miles to go before it reaches it's destination. At this pace, I'll be lucky to get my truck before mid March. I'm really getting to dislike BNSF railroad, a lot.

Edited by AtlasBlue350

i am still sitting on 21st for my basic lariat 250 6.7.  reading between the lines Ford seems to be shifting models around for scheduling as components come and go.  My guess is they are becoming very good at scheduling and maximizing profits by getting as much produced as possible.  My guess is i will get started next week, a little early.  Frankly, from my perspective, i am impressed at how well Ford is managing a mess not of their making.

2 hours ago, akirby said:

Plant shutdowns were discussed here and publicly via a Ford press release.

I do understand that shutdowns were discussed. this quote from a press release states.

Factories in Dearborn, Michigan and Louisville, Kentucky will be running on a significantly reduced schedule.

The e-mail I got stated that the Kentucky will be closed. I could be wrong but I did not see that it would be closing.

30 minutes ago, JC2014 said:

I do understand that shutdowns were discussed. this quote from a press release states.

Factories in Dearborn, Michigan and Louisville, Kentucky will be running on a significantly reduced schedule.

The e-mail I got stated that the Kentucky will be closed. I could be wrong but I did not see that it would be closing.

What difference does it make whether it’s closed or running a reduced schedule?  Delays will occur.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, AtlasBlue350 said:

Hey, don't worry. You will still probably beat me since BNSF rail has taken over a month to go from Minot, ND to Havre, MT with my truck, a distance of about 428 miles, and it still has about 500 miles to go before it reaches it's destination. At this pace, I'll be lucky to get my truck before mid March. I'm really getting to dislike BNSF railroad, a lot.

Yeah, I've been following your story.  I'm closer to KTP than you are, by a lot, so I guess I was thinking that once I got to this point, I'd actually be a lot closer.  I'm not complaining, and I'm not pointing fingers.  Back before Ford APIs went dark, the tracking spreadsheet at/from another forum was routinely showing trucks shipped only a day or two after release.  Something significant has changed.  I'm now 8-9 days since release, and not even "received" by the railroad yet.  Wish I knew more, would make me feel better about it.  Etc, etc.

I just omited the factory spray in bedliner from my order. I'm sure it won't amount to any time saved given the reduced production situation. But maybe it'll help. It's almost the same money to have it done local upon arrival so no harm, no foul.

21 hours ago, JC2014 said:

I also have a 350 Lariat Ultimate 5th wheel prep on order. My first build date was 2/10 then got bumped to 2/16. I contacted my salesman today who is the sales manager for this dealership  to see if I was still on track for that build date this is what I got in reply.

This is a direct quote from his e-mail reply.

(Looks like the 20th is the build date.......They did close the factory again, so I will keep an eye on when they reopen.  My rep
said it should only be for 10 days, but I have heard that before.)

Sounds a little fishy to me, nobody else has said anything about a plant shutdown on this forum.

Only news I heard is they are limiting 2nd shift and overtime, nothing about a shutdown 

On 2/5/2022 at 2:25 PM, FirstFord22 said:

Ice… after all of the problems I had with my order, I decided to take my business to a different location where I placed a new order. I didn’t cancel the order with the previous dealership because I figured they wouldn’t bother to cancel it and do exactly what @jgdorado stated. The truth is, if my original order came in next week I wouldn’t do business with them, but I also don’t want them to get the truck and sell it well above MSRP and tack on the BS “market adjustment” fee of $5,000+. So with that being said, can I just send them in writing that I’m canceling my order? I don’t even want to talk to those MFers. I definitely DO NOT want them to get that truck!

So, Monday morning the sales manager called and couldn't wait to refund my deposit. They want that truck... And maybe that's the play on your order too.. who knows right??

They can have it. I'll order a 23 in August obviously not from them. I love my F250 7.3 diesel and I'll keep it for another 22 years ?

I appreciate this site. You guys rock.

Edited by jgdorado

3 hours ago, jgdorado said:

So, Monday morning the sales manager called and couldn't wait to refund my deposit. They want that truck... And maybe that's the play on your order too.. who knows right??

They can have it. I'll order a 23 in August obviously not from them. I love my F250 7.3 diesel and I'll keep it for another 22 years ?

I appreciate this site. You guys rock.

I did what @ice-capades recommended and sent an email to the SM and GM canceling the order. I received confirmation from the sales manager that he would cancel it. Whether they actually do is another story.

Thanks ice for the advice!

• Like 1

I have only been on this forum a very short time. And I have a new F350 Tremor on order, pretty much fully loaded. The best to all who have ordered trucks, we all just have to  be patient.

And to the moderators on here I salute you and respect your thoughts and posts. 
Thanks for all you do day to day to bring sanity to the forum.

Edited by Patriot1

20 hours ago, akirby said:

What difference does it make whether it’s closed or running a reduced schedule?  Delays will occur.

I think it makes a difference to know if the plants are running or not.  Some of us have been waiting over 6 months just to get scheduled....and still no VIN. Hopefully they're scheduling this week and a few of us will get our VIN's.

• Like 1