2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

37 minutes ago, ShelbyKR said:

Ordered 6/11/21 

Notified 1/25/22 Build date 2/14/22

Notified 2/9/22 Build bumped to 2/21/22

Notified 2/11/22  at 7:45pm and 8:00 pm Build bumped to 2/28/22

Is there anyone else that has been waiting longer than 8 months to see there truck go in to production?

37 minutes ago, ShelbyKR said:

Ordered 6/11/21 

Is there anyone else that has been waiting longer than 8 months to see there truck go in to production?

Yes I ordered my F450 XLT April 19th got my first build date 2/1/22 for 3/7/22, notified 2/4/22 moved to 3/14/22, notified 2/7/22 moved to 3/21/22. By the time I get it it will be over a year since I ordered it. 

I ordered a 2022 6.7 Lariat F250 on 1 December and to date only had confirmation of the order.  I went down to the dealership to check the status (returned from a 30 day trip out of state and getting antsy).  They informed me it may end up being a 2023 by the time all is said and done (I wish the dealership had been more knowledgeable on how commodities slowed the builds).  While there I noticed an F250 platinum in tremor package and inquired about it.  Seems a guy ordered it and bought another truck during the wait.  Long story short, I bought it!  Spent more than planned and ended up with options I’d passed up on my original build.  I am totally impressed and love this truck!  It handles in between my trades 2014 Silverado Black Ops (Tuscany out of Fort Worth) and my RV Tow vehicle (2016 F250 6.2 XLT).  The power of the 6.7 is impressive (still in break in - and learning diesel operation so I’m in baby step mode right now).  I have discovered that many of the negative posts on fuel, AS, handling in the tight are not as common or as bad they led out to be.  I get fuel at the truck stop, I ask if it’s been treated for gelling (advice from over the road trucker - I’m in a cold weather state) and will use recommend Ford additives when needed (owners manual - dealership parts - protects warranty).  That’s the good news - the bad is that for all the cool stuff which came with this truck, I paid $5000 over invoice because dealer would not let me use X plan on the other guys order (and I did remind them that they would probably keep my order open and sell over invoice - didn’t work). So I took a hit for the bird in hand.  However, I will remember how greedy they are and will give some free advertising.  Sales is no bueno but the trucks are the best.  So hang tough and in the end it is worth the wait and the $.  I want to thank the folks that help us out by the service provided in these posts - been Super Duty!

Edited by Capt Dave 778
Type o in leaving out days and duty not dury

2 hours ago, kfford said:

I have not received any emails concerning my F350 ordered in early Dec 21.   No confirmation e-mail mentioned by some….    Have only been able to get cryptic info from dealer. Is there something I can do to get setup to receive the emails? 

Have your dealer confirm they entered your email correctly when your order was entered into the COVP system. Also, if you haven't already, check your Spam/Junk folders.  

1 hour ago, Capt Dave 778 said:

I ordered a 2022 6.7 Lariat F250 on 1 December and to date only had confirmation of the order.  I went down to the dealership to check the status (returned from a 30 day trip out of state and getting antsy).  They informed me it may end up being a 2023 by the time all is said and done (I wish the dealership had been more knowledgeable on how commodities slowed the builds).  While there I noticed an F250 platinum in tremor package and inquired about it.  Seems a guy ordered it and bought another truck during the wait.  Long story short, I bought it!  Spent more than planned and ended up with options I’d passed up on my original build.  I am totally impressed and love this truck!  It handles in between my trades 2014 Silverado Black Ops (Tuscany out of Fort Worth) and my RV Tow vehicle (2016 F250 6.2 XLT).  The power of the 6.7 is impressive (still in break in - and learning diesel operation so I’m in baby step mode right now).  I have discovered that many of the negative posts on fuel, AS, handling in the tight are not as common or as bad they led out to be.  I get fuel at the truck stop, I ask if it’s been treated for gelling (advice from over the road trucker - I’m in a cold weather state) and will use recommend Ford additives when needed (owners manual - dealership parts - protects warranty).  That’s the good news - the bad is that for all the cool stuff which came with this truck, I paid $5000 over invoice because dealer would not let me use X plan on the other guys order (and I did remind them that they would probably keep my order open and sell over invoice - didn’t work). So I took a hit for the bird in hand.  However, I will remember how greedy they are and will give some free advertising.  Sales is no bueno but the trucks are the best.  So hang tough and in the end it is worth the wait and the $.  I want to thank the folks that help us out by the service provided in these posts - been Super Duty!

You can always keep your order if you can afford to, sell it yourself should cover your increase for the truck you bought and then some

• Like 1

Ordered 11/11/21 - not a word yet.  Still unscheduled clean according to cyberdman as of last week.  F250 Lariat, SC, 4x4, 7.3L - dropped spray-in liner a month ago.  Really hoping it's in our driveway by June - getting kind of nervous.  Emailed the dealer yesterday morning for an update and asked to bump the priority code, no response yet.  We try to email him once a month for an update.

3 hours ago, Browneyes033 said:
4 hours ago, ShelbyKR said:

Ordered 6/11/21 

Yes I ordered my F450 XLT April 19th got my first build date 2/1/22 for 3/7/22, notified 2/4/22 moved to 3/14/22, notified 2/7/22 moved to 3/21/22. By the time I get it it will be over a year since I ordered it. 

Ordered 6/7/21 F350 Platinum loaded- AS, Spray in, 5th wheel prep 

Notified 2/1/22 Build date 3/7/22

Notified 2/5/22 Build bumped to 3/14/22

Notified 2/11/22 Build bumped to 3/21/22  

Edited by yorid

Well I’ve joined to pushed back club as well.  Order placed 1 June 21. F250 Godzilla Lariat Ultimate Rapid Red Tremor and Blackout  package. Winch, Moonroof, no carpet, Adaptive Cruise, Upfitter and Universal Garage.  Dropped the AS and tonneau in August trying to get scheduled.  Received the first email from Ford in June confirming order. Received a second email In January showing a build date and VIN for the week of 28 February.  Just received my third email last night slipping the build date to the week of 7 March. Calling customer service was completely fruitless. My only two calls resulted in them trying to sell me another vehicle that they hadn’t built while trying to get a built date for my truck that they hadn’t built.  Ford might want to take a look and reconsider this particular sales strategy. The dealership I’m  purchasing this truck from has been very up front and honest from the very beginning. They had thought at least 6 to 8 months. It’s looking like 9 to 11 moths is now the new reality. I’ve read many threads over the months that some folks are getting trucks sooner that others. Some folks have cancelled orders only to find out that ALL vehicle manufacturers are having the same issues.  And so the wait continues for most of us.  If you’ve followed and listened ice capades threads over the last year then none of this should be surprising. It’s the new norm for retail orders.  It impacts buyers, dealers and manufacturers alike. It is what it is. The days of instant gratification and new retail vehicle ownership are done for the foreseeable future. You can either enjoy the wait or agonize over it.  It’s up to you.  

8 hours ago, Fzappa1 said:

What was your built date?? 

Built date isn't showing up on their app. It shows it went into production on the 9th. Email stating it was built came in this morning. Says it should be at the dealer the week of the 21st so we shall see.

Anyone dealing with FMC, how are their rates right now?

26 minutes ago, Fordnovice88 said:

Anyone dealing with FMC, how are their rates right now?

Ford Credit? Incentives vary depending on the region but there are NO incentives for the 2022 Super Duty's in the New York Region. No rebate incentives and only the standard Ford Credit finance rates. You'd have to ask your Dealer for the actual Ford Credit rates. 

Edited by ice-capades

3 hours ago, Staycee said:

Ordered 11/11/21 - not a word yet.  Still unscheduled clean according to cyberdman as of last week.  F250 Lariat, SC, 4x4, 7.3L - dropped spray-in liner a month ago.  Really hoping it's in our driveway by June - getting kind of nervous.  Emailed the dealer yesterday morning for an update and asked to bump the priority code, no response yet.  We try to email him once a month for an update.

Wow - ordered same day as you.  Dealer called me Tuesday (2/08)telling me that they had allotments going unscheduled because of the liner and asked if I wanted to drop it.  I did and on Thurs. (2/10) got a vin# and scheduled build week of 3/14.  On Friday night (2/11) about 9:00pm I got an email rescheduled to week of 3/21.  F350 CC SB FX4 XLT 7.3l.

Some light reading for the team. In the article states Ford just signed a new deal with a large chipmaker in Nov 21 (linked as well). 

Also Volvo getting into the same consumer model as Tesla with there future EVs i.e. online sales. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/car-dealers-are-raising-prices-due-to-low-supplies-automakers-are-retaliating-consumers-are-stuck-in-between/ar-AATLANL

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2021/11/18/ford-computer-chip-globalfoundries/

20 minutes ago, es44c4 said:

Question. If my F350 doesn't get produced before the 2023 are introduced, will my order be switched from 2022 to 2023? The correct production has been extended from 2/21 to now 3/14 and I'm sure it will be extended several more times. 

In the 245 pages of this topic alone, along with many other individual threads on this exact topic in the forum, you can find these answers and more. 

• Haha 1

Ordered 10/12 finally got a build date of 2/14  after dropping the bed liner. now pushed back to 2/28. I know a lot of others are getting pushed back. Does anyone really know what is the reason?  Is the plant closing or running less shifts?

Edited by dkeene

Placed order 12/23/21 (above MSRP) at a small dealership in Southern GA. No deposit signed build sheet with DL. Order confirmed same day. 
F250 Lariat 6.7 diesel. Ultimate Package, High tow, FX4, Chrome Package, hitch prep, spray bed liner. 
This past Monday ordered same truck from a dealer in VA at 4% under invoice plus $1000.($7000 lower OTD)Order confirmed. $1000 refundable deposit. 
Called first dealer to discuss the lower quote and was told they could not come close to matching that price. 
Today I received email my original order has been scheduled for March 21 build week. 7 weeks to get a build date. About what I was told by dealer.

Also today I received a message on Ford Pass App with a $2,500 exclusive cash offer that can be applied to purchase before 4/4/22

Just wanted to share my experience so far. 

VA dealership- Koons Woodbridge Ford.

Edited by TotalStranger

2 hours ago, TotalStranger said:

Placed order 1/23/21 (above MSRP) at a small dealership in Southern GA. No deposit signed build sheet with DL. Order confirmed same day. 
F250 Lariat 6.7 diesel. Ultimate Package, High tow, FX4, Chrome Package, hitch prep, spray bed liner. 
This past Monday ordered same truck from a dealer in VA at 4% under invoice plus $1000.($7000 lower OTD)Order confirmed. $1000 refundable deposit. 
Called first dealer to discuss the lower quote and was told they could not come close to matching that price. 
Today I received email my original order has been scheduled for March 21 build week. 7 weeks to get a build date. About what I was told by dealer.

Also today I received a message on Ford Pass App with a $2,500 exclusive cash offer that can be applied to purchase before 4/4/22

Just wanted to share my experience so far. 

What is the dealer in Virginia?

16 hours ago, winkzoot said:

What's the normal turn around between delivered and picking the truck up? Seems like a couple of days is excessive unless you are having the dealer add some items to the truck.

Sorry, I misunderstood what the dealer was telling me yesterday when he called. I thought the truck was at the dealership being prepped. Today I called him back to get some clarification and apparently it's here in my town, but hasn't been offloaded from the rail car yet. He told me today that it could be about a week before they will get it at the dealership since the delivery carriers they use are short staffed. I guess I've waited for it this long so one more week won't make that much difference. I'll let you know how long it takes from the time they receive it and I get the call. But you are right, it should only take them about a day.

• Like 1