2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

15 minutes ago, KidNick said:

I looked at the window sticker last night and the date in the white border changed from 2/9to 2/17, no changes on the ford tracker app and then this morning it says delivered on 2/16 reached out to my sales rep and he sent me the following photos

Looks great and Congrats! Enjoy your new truck!

• Like 1

Hi everyone!  Wondering if anybody can shed some light on the situation I recently encountered.  Ordered a Super Duty in October and had all the constraint items on it so I wasn't worried about waiting.  Have buyers order with confirmed ford order specs/pricing along with deposit and copy of DL for submission to ford as a retail order.  The dealer reached out to me last Friday and stated that they received notice from Ford that their retail orders with 5th wheel gooseneck prep (53W) would need to have that option removed if the customer wanted it built.  Based on the email it referenced constraints at the mod center not so much material shortages.  It affected 10 or so of their orders and they stated that Ford would not build the trucks if the option was not removed.  In fear of having to reorder a 23my with higher pricing and longer waits, I agreed to remove the option.  They offered to install it at the dealer or obtain the parts for me and I can install myself since I was a technician for years.  Has anyone else heard of dealers receiving correspondence from Ford recently about this issue?  Thanks for your help!

2 hours ago, KidNick said:

I looked at the window sticker last night and the date in the white border changed from 2/9to 2/17, no changes on the ford tracker app and then this morning it says delivered on 2/16 reached out to my sales rep and he sent me the following photos

After seeing your post I checked mine and my window sticker had 2/9 last night and changed to 2/17 today also.  I just texted my sales rep to get update.  Nothing back yet.  

You must live next door to plant ?

I'm in the same boat as most here: 2022 F450 Lariat ordered/ confirmed on 10/20, went into Production on 2/7/22, showing built on 2/11/22. As of this morning I received my fifth estimated delivery date. Originally slated to be delivered 2/24, then went to 2/20, 3/2, 2/21, and now 3/12. My dealer is about 25 minutes away from the Kentucky Truck Plant in Louisville. I was just curious to see how long most were waiting for delivery after your trucks were showing built. Thanks!

2 hours ago, Marshmallow said:

Of course the day before my delivery window ends, palsapp pulls their vin tracker.

thats cause they were tired of customers calling them.  just like @ice-capades taking down the weekly scheduling notes/commodity restraints, people were abusing it! so now everyone gets to sit in the dark and just wait.  its a shame that it got ruined good job everyone. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, JHForman812 said:

thats cause they were tired of customers calling them.  just like @ice-capades taking down the weekly scheduling notes/commodity restraints, people were abusing it! so now everyone gets to sit in the dark and just wait.  its a shame that it got ruined good job everyone. 

The community here is hungry for more information about the status of their orders, in part because the Ford.com order tracking is GARBAGE.  I'd argue that if there were better order tracking information available, there would be fewer questions / calls.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Forderorder said:

The community here is hungry for more information about the status of their orders, in part because the Ford.com order tracking is GARBAGE.  I'd argue that if there were better order tracking information available, there would be fewer questions / calls.

While I won’t disagree with you, blowing up JCTs phone cause your truck is sitting in a rail yard isn’t a good idea.  Taking the notes/restraints information and calling your dealer and changing your order 10 times to get your truck faster isn’t good either.  

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, JHForman812 said:

Pulling it down and stopping calls is a separate issue. I could call the actual trucking company that runs the local lot, but I won’t. Palsapp was just a way to try and see what it was doing without bothering anyone.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Marshmallow said:

Pulling it down and stopping calls is a separate issue. I could call the actual trucking company that runs the local lot, but I won’t. Palsapp was just a way to try and see what it was doing without bothering anyone.

And you used it how it was intended to be used by the public.  There are people who were calling JCT wanting to know why their truck was just sitting in the yard and not moving.  I’m sure they were getting hundreds of calls a day for that! 

5 hours ago, Teener said:

Hi everyone!  Wondering if anybody can shed some light on the situation I recently encountered.  Ordered a Super Duty in October and had all the constraint items on it so I wasn't worried about waiting.  Have buyers order with confirmed ford order specs/pricing along with deposit and copy of DL for submission to ford as a retail order.  The dealer reached out to me last Friday and stated that they received notice from Ford that their retail orders with 5th wheel gooseneck prep (53W) would need to have that option removed if the customer wanted it built.  Based on the email it referenced constraints at the mod center not so much material shortages.  It affected 10 or so of their orders and they stated that Ford would not build the trucks if the option was not removed.  In fear of having to reorder a 23my with higher pricing and longer waits, I agreed to remove the option.  They offered to install it at the dealer or obtain the parts for me and I can install myself since I was a technician for years.  Has anyone else heard of dealers receiving correspondence from Ford recently about this issue?  Thanks for your help!

Lots of discussions about this on here. Use the search or just read some posts. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Teener said:

Yes, we know about longer wait time.  Yours is first that I have heard for an outright statement of ‘we won’t build it’.  All of us know about ‘we won’t build it’ for stock orders, but not for confirmed retail orders.  Was it just a ‘longer wait’ statement, or a ‘we won’t build it’?  

the dealer installed option is normally around $1200 or so, while the factory is half that.  Did your dealer work out something with ford so that the dealer installed option is similar in price?

Edited by Lee2021

1 hour ago, Lee2021 said:

Yes, we know about longer wait time.  Yours is first that I have heard for an outright statement of ‘we won’t build it’.  All of us know about ‘we won’t build it’ for stock orders, but not for confirmed retail orders.  Was it just a ‘longer wait’ statement, or a ‘we won’t build it’?  

the dealer installed option is normally around $1200 or so, while the factory is half that.  Did your dealer work out something with ford so that the dealer installed option is similar in price?

Correct, the dealer told me that they have been informed it would not get built.  Seemed a little weird to me, but I work for a heavy truck dealer and many things have changed in the last couple of years.  I should also comment that I know the GM of the dealer I'm working with and I hope they wouldn't do me wrong.  It shows retail on my paperwork, but if it wasn't submitted as a retail order they would be asking me to remove adaptive steering and the spray-in bedliner too.

As far as installing the option after the fact they are going to research a part number and price to get back to me.  Working at a dealer myself looking this up usually requires finding a VIN that had the option from the factory to locate part numbers.  I really wanted it from the factory but am fully capable of doing it myself as I have a hoist and all the necessary tools.  The downside will be having to cut the bedliner around the bed mounting bolts to remove it.  Just want to make sure that the kit they look up is complete.  It needs to include hardware/brackets, factory harness, and bed sidewall passthrough/plugin.  In the build data selection, it references 12/7 pin ports.  I believe the 12 includes the trailer tire pressure monitor wiring which I plan to utilize.

Really hope this doesn't turn into a mess...

15 minutes ago, Teener said:

Correct, the dealer told me that they have been informed it would not get built.  Seemed a little weird to me, but I work for a heavy truck dealer and many things have changed in the last couple of years.  I should also comment that I know the GM of the dealer I'm working with and I hope they wouldn't do me wrong.  It shows retail on my paperwork, but if it wasn't submitted as a retail order they would be asking me to remove adaptive steering and the spray-in bedliner too.

As far as installing the option after the fact they are going to research a part number and price to get back to me.  Working at a dealer myself looking this up usually requires finding a VIN that had the option from the factory to locate part numbers.  I really wanted it from the factory but am fully capable of doing it myself as I have a hoist and all the necessary tools.  The downside will be having to cut the bedliner around the bed mounting bolts to remove it.  Just want to make sure that the kit they look up is complete.  It needs to include hardware/brackets, factory harness, and bed sidewall passthrough/plugin.  In the build data selection, it references 12/7 pin ports.  I believe the 12 includes the trailer tire pressure monitor wiring which I plan to utilize.

Really hope this doesn't turn into a mess...

I’ve looked over all the schematics for adaptive steering on the 22 from what I could find the connector for adaptive steering is specific to the 22 only.  My thought process was to get a wheel from a 21 or 20 but the connector is different.  If ford can’t build the trucks with it, I highly doubt you can go to the dealer and get the wheel ordered.  This is just my 2 cents.  

15 minutes ago, JHForman812 said:

I’ve looked over all the schematics for adaptive steering on the 22 from what I could find the connector for adaptive steering is specific to the 22 only.  My thought process was to get a wheel from a 21 or 20 but the connector is different.  If ford can’t build the trucks with it, I highly doubt you can go to the dealer and get the wheel ordered.  This is just my 2 cents.  

My comment is in reference to the trailer connector in the bed not the adaptive steering system.  Sorry for the confusion.