2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

2 hours ago, Rogue6 said:

I am almost jealous of some of you with the email updates.  I updated my email with marketing, dealer put it wrong, and still nothing.  Verified my vin with marketing when I called they have all my info correct now.  Hit the sales guy up tonight for an update, trying to be reasonable and just do that every 30 days, mostly for my sanity, figure I have another 3 months before his 4 month estimate comes and goes.  

Im in the same situation, I have not received a single update from Ford on my build. Spoke with marketing and they have all the correct info and said that its something the dealer needs to handle. Emailed back and forth with dealer and was told they would look into it and the was 2 weeks ago with no response. Emails would be nice!

8 hours ago, DaveMows said:

Im in the same situation, I have not received a single update from Ford on my build. Spoke with marketing and they have all the correct info and said that its something the dealer needs to handle. Emailed back and forth with dealer and was told they would look into it and the was 2 weeks ago with no response. Emails would be nice!

If there is one thing I have come to hate from this process is the sales people saying “I’ll look into it”. Then two weeks go by and nothing. I just deal with the general manger now.  

I’m not sure there cut on these vehicles but holy crap as most here we are literally spending almost  80- 90K on these trucks. Customer service, product knowledge, and understanding internal Ford policy procedures should be a given. 

Just for shnits n giggles, I looked at the tracking site today, shows in production and built on 2/18. I didn't believe it so I checked the link someone posted back on pg 221 for the site that shows the codes and it was full today as well. No email from Ford yet, however I didn't really expect it. With everyone getting production dates changing I didn't want to jinx myself and say this until it was built, but I'm one of the lucky ones who's date stayed from the original email Ford said for production week. Hopefully everyone gets something locked in, the anticipation doesn't get easier the closer it gets either. 

17 minutes ago, JT42 said:

If there is one thing I have come to hate from this process is the sales people saying “I’ll look into it”. Then two weeks go by and nothing. I just deal with the general manger now.  

Unfortunately I've noticed this more and more over the past years with almost every company. Its like they just don't care or can't write notes to follow up. It really burns my ass when I call to check on something, get told they will look into it and let me know, only for me to have to call back weeks later when I finally remember again. Ive done my job, stop making me do mine and yours. 

21 minutes ago, CaptainKopper said:

Just for shnits n giggles, I looked at the tracking site today, shows in production and built on 2/18. I didn't believe it so I checked the link someone posted back on pg 221 for the site that shows the codes and it was full today as well. No email from Ford yet, however I didn't really expect it. With everyone getting production dates changing I didn't want to jinx myself and say this until it was built, but I'm one of the lucky ones who's date stayed from the original email Ford said for production week. Hopefully everyone gets something locked in, the anticipation doesn't get easier the closer it gets either. 

Thanks for putting the thread page for that link. Was looking for it yesterday and congratulations hopefully you will take delivery soon. 

• Like 1

F350 6.7 CCSB Platinum - AS, Spray in, 5th wheel prep 
Ordered 6/7/21 - Priority 2 in Oct.
Vin 2/1/22 - Built Date 3/7/22
Push Back on 2/5/22 to 3/14/22
Push Back on 2/11/22 to 3/21/22
Push Back on 2/17/22 to 4/4/22
Push Back on 2/18/22 to 4/11/22 

Edited by yorid

2 hours ago, CaptainKopper said:

What was your order date?

19 hours ago, G8R said:

I'm just sliding in one direction -- 3/7, 3.14, 3/21 and now 4/4

Exact same dates on my F450 Platinum order.  Getting rather depressing. I keep hoping every time I see the emails from Ford that they will move my date back but it keeps getting worse with each email.  

Edited by manko

Am I the only one that use to check my email constantly since I ordered April 19th for a build date and now that I got one on Feb 1st I DREAD looking at my emails because I am afraid to see another (4 so far) build date being moved again ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, traynoral said:

So besides the spray in bedliner and fifth wheel prep package, have there been any other options any of you have been advised to remove from your order to speed up the process?

The day I ordered my dealer said Adaptive steering, 5th wheel prep package and bed liner would delay my order. None of which I wanted. I will have the bed liner done locally.

Edited by Patriot1
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Patriot1 said:

The day I ordered my dealer said Adaptive steering, 5th wheel prep package and bed liner would delay my order. None of which I wanted. I will have the bed liner done locally.

My dealer took it off for me and explained the delay.  I trusted him and went with his advice before I saw this forum.  There are good dealers out there.

• Like 2

So the sales guy just emailed me back.  Says it’s in production, hopefully see it next month.  Not holding my breathe and still planning on early May.  No emails, no indication on any of the tracking sites I have been able to find.  But he has been straight up so far.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, manko said:

Exact same dates on my F450 Platinum order.  Getting rather depressing. I keep hoping every time I see the emails from Ford that they will move my date back but it keeps getting worse with each email.  

Mine is doing the same....  3/7... 3/14,  3/28, 4/4, and now 4/18  (not sure what happened to 4/11 - I guess Ford is taking that week off.

But here is my question - why?  What is causing the slips?   If thought if I got a build date and a Vin then that meant they had all the parts and it was just a matter of working the build into a build schedule....  what makes these dates slip?

Thanks.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CaptainKopper said:

Order - 10/22

Confirmed - 10/23

Dropped Bedliner (Kept AS) - 12/30

Scheduled (to week 2/14) - 1/13 (Thursday)

Built - 2-18

I ordered 12-21, was scheduled 1/13 initially for week 2-28, but then moved on 1-20 to 2-21, in production 2-15 with window sticker that day and a build to date by cyberdman on 2-26.

Point is they gave you priority over me even though you dropped your bedliner after my order.  I think there is some fairness and logic going on, at least on Ford's part.