2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

2 hours ago, DaveMows said:

Future sales to word of mouth for family and friends could bring them more sale/money in the future but it doesn't really seem to matter. Very Aggravating! 

The problem is they don't care about the future, its a "right now" generation. These sales men aren't in it for more then just a day to day job now, pay me, I deserve money just because I'm alive, its my right. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, CaptainKopper said:

The problem is they don't care about the future, its a "right now" generation. These sales men aren't in it for more then just a day to day job now, pay me, I deserve money just because I'm alive, its my right. 

I have to disagree with this. It's a company culture at Ford and their dealerships that I blame. My wife drives a Mercedes and our experience with their sales staff and professionalism was totally different despite the fact that my truck costs more than her SUV. Same can be said from when she had an Infiniti. We witnessed training sessions and conferences they had on new vehicles in their dealerships showing the salesman new models and quizing them on features meanwhile over at the ford dealership everything is "let me check on that". 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, muggerzh said:

went into production on 15 Feb, still in production, but as built modules are up this morning.

Nice! Let’s hope your “built” email is inbound. 

Ive been monitoring the module site since I’ve gotten my W/S. Trying to correlate with my build day of this Wednesday. 

22 minutes ago, JT42 said:

Nice! Let’s hope your “built” email is inbound. 

Ive been monitoring the module site since I’ve gotten my W/S. Trying to correlate with my build day of this Wednesday. 

my build to date is 26 Feb.  I suspect the build will complete tomorrow or Wed, today is probably a holiday

On 2/19/2022 at 9:55 AM, manko said:

Exact same dates on my F450 Platinum order.  Getting rather depressing. I keep hoping every time I see the emails from Ford that they will move my date back but it keeps getting worse with each email.  

I actually got an email Friday night moving up to 3/21. Don’t give up!

9 hours ago, Fordnovice88 said:

I have to disagree with this. It's a company culture at Ford and their dealerships that I blame. My wife drives a Mercedes and our experience with their sales staff and professionalism was totally different despite the fact that my truck costs more than her SUV. Same can be said from when she had an Infiniti. We witnessed training sessions and conferences they had on new vehicles in their dealerships showing the salesman new models and quizing them on features meanwhile over at the ford dealership everything is "let me check on that". 

Not all Ford dealerships are the same, as my exerience at my dealer is excellent. The Sales Manager is extremely current on his vehicle knowledge, as is the salesman he assigns to complete the PDI. Never heard, "Let me check on that" and they are responsive to all inquiries.

However, you can always get a poor salesmen, or someone having a bad day. One of our neighbours was interested in a Bronco and stopped in at my local dealership, receiving an unacceptable response from a salesman, who advised him to check online, as they had none in stock. When I convinced him to come and meet the sales manager directly, I called ahead and provided the sales manager a heads up regarding his previous experience. By the time we arrived at the dealership, the sales manager had called a meeting of his staff to review the customer service expectations. This dealership has customer service standards and the sales manager enforces them. As always, leadership starts at the top.

When stopping in early in the morning, I have observed their daily training session with the entire sales team.

17 hours ago, JT42 said:

The other thing that really chaps my ass is the lack of product knowledge. Last three Ford's I've bought, I can 100% say I knew the options better than salesperson, and up until this ordering debacle I didn't really do as much research as I do now. 

This is so true.  I cannot remember the last time I was impressed with a salesperson's knowledge at a dealership.  I always ask how long they have worked at a dealership and it usually "a few months".  On a rare occasion they have been doing it for years.  I guess most don't last and the ones that do become sales managers.

In any case, these days I really just need a salesperson to get me the keys so I can take a test drive and pricing.  Maybe I ask them questions about what's available in stock, what's coming in, and ordering possibilities. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, 787Toolman said:

Wow, Congrats Sox3...Getting so close you can almost smell it.  I ordered my F350 SRW King Ranch 12/7/2021 with a few more options plus what you got but same color.  My VIN ends in D59… so if they are really building 8000 per week, yours is 8,997 trucks ahead of mine or a little over 7 days.  Mine is scheduled to be built the week of 2/28, schedule slid twice from 2/14.

I’m not sure the vin has anything to do with when they are actually built but more when it’s scheduled mine ends with D59….    350

6.7 DRW lariat it’s been pushed 3 times currently scheduled 2/28….. fingers crossed it doesn’t get bumped again 

Edited by Fzappa1

6 hours ago, Monoman said:

This is so true.  I cannot remember the last time I was impressed with a salesperson's knowledge at a dealership.  I always ask how long they have worked at a dealership and it usually "a few months".  On a rare occasion they have been doing it for years.  I guess most don't last and the ones that do become sales managers.

In any case, these days I really just need a salesperson to get me the keys so I can take a test drive and pricing.  Maybe I ask them questions about what's available in stock, what's coming in, and ordering possibilities. 

Part of it might be that most folks doing it now are not in it for a career, just a job.  Another part may be that things are changing so fast right now and for the last 10 years or so.  It used to be that the only real options were chrome, AC and a radio.  ?

16 hours ago, Fzappa1 said:

I’m not sure the vin has anything to do with when they are actually built but more when it’s scheduled mine ends with D59….    350

6.7 DRW lariat it’s been pushed 3 times currently scheduled 2/28….. fingers crossed it doesn’t get bumped again 

Yeah, it's a very complicated spider web of variables and parameters and even artificial intelligence couldn't figure out when parts will come in or how delays and unknown events occur.  My build date slid another two weeks today, this is the fourth slide, started out as 2/14/ then 2/21/ then 2/28, now it's 3/14.  Only neat aspect is my build is now scheduled for 3/14 which is Pi Day, or maybe Pi Week, lol.  I wonder if the date is sliding due to a bunch of folks that placed orders way before me are having their parts come in, their place in line is before me so I rightly get bumped which is only fair.  I think you're correct, the VIN is just the next sequential number available when the build first gets scheduled.  If there were no trucks with parts on back order and everything was coming in JIT, then the VIN would probably be in sync with the build sequence, but obviously I'm making an assumption, but the computer program creating the schedule knows.

787Toolman

Edited by 787Toolman